• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Double 0

Nov 5, 2017
RE: The Tara accusation.

Without more evidence/corroboration, I can see why even Fox isn't playing ball with it, sadly.

This is a heavy accusation that needs to be able to withstand scrutiny. Right now it doesn't. You can't bring down a presidential candidate with this.

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
Jesus look how huge Andrew Cuomo's hands are. They're enormous. Like shovels. No wonder Trump hates him. They really are Mongo hands. Fingers like foot long hot dogs that swelled up in the sun.
My headcanon is that Cuomo's hands and whatever Trump saw on the Obama sextapes Putin shared with him keep him tossing and turning all night.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My headcanon is that Cuomo's hands and whatever Trump saw on the Obama sextapes Putin shared with him keep him tossing and turning all night.

Trump, soaked in sweat, terror thundering in his heart, sits up in bed this dream still clutching his psyche.

ADNwgib.gif

THE SLEEPER HAS AWAKENED!

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Like the very first factor is that if you're wealthy you're most likely gonna be able to WFH, if you're poor you may not have that luxury. That's a huge difference right there and that's not even getting into all the other systemic issues that existed before Covid-19

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018

what a complete joke & lie

*dipshit youtube hack voice* see, it's just like under communism, boys and girls. that's why we gotta praise capitalism every day. time to sing the capitalism song!

you don't need your birds and trees
I should own the factories
controlling everything you see
don't forget you work for me

i'm a capitalist baby, oh ain't it true
i'm a capitalist baby, I control way more wealth than you

your health insurance costs a lot
but it's more than what the other guy's got
medicine is pay to play
because that's how i get my way

i'm a capitalist baby, oh ain't it true
i'm a capitalist baby, I control way more wealth than you

[NOTE: I've edited out the 34 other verses for time and space concerns but they cover, among other things, the exportation of the means of production to countries with looser protections for workers, tax avoidance, and regulatory capture]

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Who is wasting money on polling California?

It is pretty messed up that Gillibrand might have (politically) hurt herself for pressuring Franken into doing the right thing. I see some democrats actually be bitter at her for that.
It's pretty crazy how long lasting its been too. Just anecdotally, my father-in-law still brings it up and thinks both calling for Franken's resignation and also suggesting she wouldn't vote for Bill Clinton today were just opportunistic. I don't know if this is the case, but when she was running for president, basically everything she tweeted about would elicit endless replies about Franken. Not that twitter matters in the real world, but still.

Oct 25, 2017
Biden +3 in WI

Trump approval
approve 48 / disapprove 49

Evers approval
approve 65 / disapprove 29

Trump handling of coronavirus
approve 51 / disapprove 46

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Mayor Lori Lightfoot blasts Trump for 'wildly wrong' statements, says Chicago faces a coronavirus peak but 'starting to trend in the right direction'
The number of coronavirus cases in Chicago are "starting to trend in the right direction," though much more work needs to be done to curb COVID-19, Mayor Lori Lightfoot said Wednesday.
"What we're also seeing is a lengthening of time between the doubling of cases. It's too soon to make any real predictions but it seems like we're starting to trend in the right direction. But the truth is, on our modeling, we don't believe we're going to reach the peak of this virus until mid- to late April," Lightfoot said, echoing a point she previously made in a Tribune interview. "So there's a lot more work that needs to be done. As you know, we've taken some fairly drastic steps, canceled a lot of outdoor activities, issued a stay-at-home order, closed our schools. All these things we know are necessary to really save lives and we've launched here a local campaign called stay home, save lives, which people are having fun with, which is great."
"What we're also seeing is a lengthening of time between the doubling of cases. It's too soon to make any real predictions but it seems like we're starting to trend in the right direction. But the truth is, on our modeling, we don't believe we're going to reach the peak of this virus until mid- to late April," Lightfoot said, echoing a point she previously made in a Tribune interview. "So there's a lot more work that needs to be done. As you know, we've taken some fairly drastic steps, canceled a lot of outdoor activities, issued a stay-at-home order, closed our schools. All these things we know are necessary to really save lives and we've launched here a local campaign called stay home, save lives, which people are having fun with, which is great."

She also said she's "disturbed by the states that still don't have a universal stay-at-home order."
"What happens in one state will absolutely have a ripple effect on the rest of the country, so anybody who thinks that they can continue the status quo, not implement aggressive stay-at-home measures, is fooling themselves," Lightfoot said.

www.chicagotribune.com

Mayor Lori Lightfoot blasts Trump for ‘wildly wrong’ statements, says Chicago faces a coronavirus peak and must ‘stay diligent’ or risk erasing progress

The number of coronavirus cases in Chicago are “starting to trend in the right direction,” though much more work needs to be done to curb COVID-19, Mayor Lori Lightfoot said Wednesday.

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017
Biden leading Hillary that much in California likely reflects elsewhere though as he's probably getting those additional voters in red rural areas that resembles the types of districts we need to win in states that do swing in the EC

edit: see that Wisconsin poll basically reflecting that

Last edited:

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
User banned (1 month): Attacking other members over concerns of sexual assault allegations
This might be a good article for you:

https://www.salon.com/2020/03/31/a-...-hell-breaks-loose-online-heres-what-we-know/

If there's more to the story, it'll come out when guys like Farrow have been able to thoroughly vet and corroborate it. I'm not saying that to pass judgment on whether Reade's accusation was true or not.

This is EXACTLY why those of us with cooler heads insisted "Believe Women" means "treat the allegations seriously and investigate appropriately."

If the details of the Salon article are anywhere close to accurate there is a lot of behavior by both posters and mods in the original thread that's going to age REALLY badly once a more thorough look at Reade is completed.

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017
Bernie was doing better for a time in MI/WI/PA, but most polls I've seen lately have him losing or doing worse than Biden

Hopfrog

Oct 27, 2017
First we had the formation of Moderate Voltron, could we now be seeing the reforging of the Blue Wall?

Oct 25, 2017
YAAAAS at Dairy King of Approval Evers.

LOL Trump's done.

Evers bump!

C'mon, Evers, you or your aides need to subtweet (at the very least) Trump for being shit at addressing the virus.

Anyway, there are still eight months left, but Trump will continue to fuck this virus up, and he will botch the deep recession/depression that is coming, too.

After seeing that IA poll, I am just going to lock in the 2020 map being 2008's map minus IN and FL. That is my guess.

Oct 25, 2017
Evers bump!

C'mon, Evers, you or your aides need to subtweet (at the very least) Trump for being shit at addressing the virus.

Anyway, there are still eight months left, but Trump will continue to fuck this virus up, and he will botch the deep recession/depression that is coming, too.

After seeing that IA poll, I am just going to lock in the 2020 map being 2008's map minus IN and FL. That is my guess.
Wasn't that Selzer poll National?

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
The most stark example of Mr. Sanders's problems with self-identified Democrats may be the Warren-to-Biden voters, people like Barbara Becker and Lisa Stone. These voters, many of whom are older Democrats and college-educated women, chose to support a candidate whose platform was a far cry from Ms. Warren's promises of "big, structural change," rather than a fellow progressive, Mr. Sanders — whom they admit they agree with on most policy matters.

The voters said that while they share many of Mr. Sanders's beliefs, they reject his political style.

"Biden is and always has been a collaborative worker — one who knows how to gather and draw on colleagues' expertise," said Ms. Becker, 73, a college professor in Chapel Hill, N.C. "Sanders is a do-it-yourselfer."

Ms. Stone, 63, an educator in Houston, said she "supported Warren because she was progressive but practical, and that's not what Sanders is."

Plus, Mr. Biden is, like her, a Democrat through and through. And Ms. Stone said that while she remained disappointed Ms. Warren did not perform better in Texas, the fact that the state went to Mr. Biden was some consolation.
This is exactly my wife's thought process too. Even when I tried to argue that a Bernie presidency would be closer to a Warren presidency than a Biden one, she just can't get over her dislike of the man's temperament or judgment.

When Dem primary voters are increasingly supportive of things like M4A and the Green New Deal, yet overwhelmingly went for Biden over Bernie, it shows that Bernie's major weakness in this primary was that his personal style and appeals grated on people who were otherwise open to him ideologically. Which I suppose bodes well for the movement as a whole but is irritating that these very fixable things Bernie could've spent the past four years addressing just went ignored in favor of a "win with 30% of the vote" strategy.

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
Poor Form to Tweet Out Pictures of Signs praising yourself

Back to picking bottyjudge

Oct 25, 2017
Perhaps adding AZ. Maybe GA if things get really bad.

I don't think TX is quite there yet, but it'll be within five points.

I forgot about AZ. I do think we win that.

So, 2008 -IN and FL, +AZ.

I agree with you about TX. I think if we get a "too close to call" out of it after the polls close on election night, we'll be in a good place generally.

Wasn't that Selzer poll National?

I went back and checked, and you're right. I saw Selzer's name as I caught up on posts, but didn't actually check the poll or read too closely as I skimmed the thread to catch up.

Still, I want more IA polling. I have a sneaking suspicion that we are up there and that Ernst might be done.

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
Yet literally no one better than PPP (who are fairly good but have a house Democratic effect) will poll Maine.

MizerMan

Oct 25, 2017
This is exactly my wife's thought process too. Even when I tried to argue that a Bernie presidency would be closer to a Warren presidency than a Biden one, she just can't get over her dislike of the man's temperament or judgment.

When Dem primary voters are increasingly supportive of things like M4A and the Green New Deal, yet overwhelmingly went for Biden over Bernie, it shows that Bernie's major weakness in this primary was that his personal style and appeals grated on people who were otherwise open to him ideologically. Which I suppose bodes well for the movement as a whole but is irritating that these very fixable things Bernie could've spent the past four years addressing just went ignored in favor of a "win with 30% of the vote" strategy.

Basically, a "love the message, not the messenger" type deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.