• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand why Pelosi isn't in a glass bubble at this point. Why was she at a grocery store? This is so frustrating. Though I do think the news often reports it as like "had exposure to." Just hope she wasn't like shaking hands and stuff.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

chicago.suntimes.com

Mayor Lori Lightfoot on memes: ‘I’ve enjoyed them’

“We’ve acted out a few in my household at night, which I’ll keep to myself,” Lightfoot said.
Lightfoot said Monday she's getting a kick out of the memes that have emerged from her unprecedented decision to shut down Chicago's most popular gathering spots—including the entire lakefront.
Those memes, showing a stony-faced Lightfoot guarding the lakefront trail and other Chicago hotspots blew up the internet over the weekend.
"I've been getting them from people all over the city ... all across the country," Lightfoot said during a press conference Monday afternoon.
Her verdict?
"I've enjoyed them," she said.
"What it shows is the creativity of people in this city and in this region that, despite these dire circumstances — and this virus is deadly serious — that we can also see the lighter side of life, what makes us a vibrant and interesting and innovative and creative community. So, I love `em," Lightfoot said.
The now viral memes use photo illustrations to poke fun at the harsh new reality of everyday life in Chicago.
"I think this is a very difficult time and people are afraid, the stress levels are high and like in any difficult time, I think we need to have a sense of balance, and humor is part of it," Lightfoot said.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

twitter.com

j.d. durkin on Twitter

“WHOA — NY sports radio legend Mike Francesa breaks with Trump to go in on the government’s covid-19 response & today’s presser: “Don’t give me the MyPillow guy doing a song and dance... when people are dying in Queens.” https://t.co/QeVvSyTTfx”

twitter.com

Josh Dawsey on Twitter

“Francesa has long been a Trump supporter. https://t.co/r4rAEGybWi”

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't listened to Mike and the Mad Dog in like 20 years and I can still hear that song perfectly

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Cuomo has been great and deserves the praise, no matter how shit he has been in the past. People only giver a shit about actual moral leadership NOW, since that is what is actually helping people. Bunch of other governers have been great as well. Trump is just so fucking awful.

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017
LMAO Francesa. Cuomo bringing that Sam Raimi Spider-Man "Hey you mess with one of us you mess with all of us!" New York Unity energy to life

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
LMAO Francesa. Cuomo bringing that Sam Raimi Spider-Man "Hey you mess with one of us you mess with all of us!" New York Unity energy to life
Honestly if you watch his pressers that quote wouldnt seem out of the ordinary with the way he talks. Half his pressers are data and the other half are like 'storytime with cuomo'.

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
It's only Democrats that want to put us in QUARANtine. Makes you think.

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How do we the people start putting pressure on the military to remove Trump from office? We have reached that point with literally millions of lives on the line imho. Either Trump is removed from power or we see a beyond wost case covid result.

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
How do we the people start putting pressure on the military to remove Trump from office? We have reached that point with literally millions of lives on the line imho. Either Trump is removed from power or we see a beyond wost case covid result.
There's 1 percent chance of that happening in a presidents first 3 years
.000001 chance in a last year

CrocM

Oct 25, 2017
Let me know when he actually starts freezing rent
Cuomo cares more about his national image than new yorkers (add Di Blasio to that list as well). He always has, and now that his ego has been puffed out by national media this guy is going to be insufferable for the next few years.

It'd be nice for once to have someone who actually cares more about this city than using it as a stepping stone for more power.

Oct 26, 2017
Honestly if you watch his pressers that quote wouldnt seem out of the ordinary with the way he talks. Half his pressers are data and the other half are like 'storytime with cuomo'.

If Trump stepped up the way Cuomo did, Trump would be at a 90% approval rating right now. But Trump is a terrible human being so it's just not something he can do without reading a tightly worded script.

Just look, in one month Trump had to "see the light" twice. There was "somber" Trump two weeks ago. That lasted about 5 days and then the market made him antsy and he started talking "Easter" nonsense and attacking governors he's suppose to help. Then apparently yesterday he
saw the light" again and was praised for listening to the doctors and scientist. But again, weren't we here 2 weeks ago?

The media keeps getting played over and over. And I'm also guilty of saying Trump never has any repercussions for his lies and idiocy. But there have been consequences because a normal President would have an approval rating in the 90s right now, especially considering all the prime-time coverage Trump has been getting.

And I guarantee if the market has another 3-day bad run or there's an out of control outbreak in a red state, Trump will go back to "everything is awesome" mode and 60% of the country won't trust a word he says.

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
Trump is incredibly dumb. He really doesn't have a clue what's happening around him. He has nothing but negative personality traits. He's incapable of performing the duties of the position and doesn't care that he is.
Voters are incredibly dumb. They really don't have a clue what's happening around them. They're incapable of performing the duties of the position and don't care that they are.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
What's this about the MyPillow guy? I've seen that thrown around a few times already today
He was at the Coronavirus briefing.

twitter.com

The Hill on Twitter

“My Pillow CEO Mike Lindell: "God gave us grace on November 8, 2016 to change the course we were on. God had been taken out of our schools and lives. A nation had turned its back on God. I encourage you to use this time at home to get back in the Word, read our Bibles." https://t.co/547iunIYgV”

Whitemex

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
He spoke at the press conference today. Why? I have no fucking clue.
He was at the Coronavirus breifing.

twitter.com

The Hill on Twitter

“My Pillow CEO Mike Lindell: "God gave us grace on November 8, 2016 to change the course we were on. God had been taken out of our schools and lives. A nation had turned its back on God. I encourage you to use this time at home to get back in the Word, read our Bibles." https://t.co/547iunIYgV”

He literally Monty Python'd his press conference and went for something completely different and ushered the mypillow guy to the mic
Jesus...the one day I decide to take a break from all the news I missed this gem.

Oct 25, 2017
Man, these unemployment sites are basically targeted punishment for being poor. I can't believe they've been in this state for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.