• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arm Van Dam

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 30, 2019
Illinois

Asked why the US still isn't testing as many per capita as South Korea, and asked when it'll be on par, Trump claims it is on par, though it isn't, and then talks about how South Korea is much denser.

"I know South Korea better than anybody," Trump says, responding to a @Yamiche question about why U.S. is not on par, per capita, with South Korea and other countries on testing.

Insert "I know [something or someone] better than anybody" here

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

twitter.com

Maggie Haberman on Twitter

“"You should be saying congratulations," Trump lectures @yamiche, claiming her perfectly straightforward question was "snarky." Then, he turned on his heel and went back to the White House. More time was spent giving platforms to CEOs to speak than letting reporters ask q's”

Oct 26, 2017
South Carolina

No crooked slushfund for you losers!

The fucking My Pillow guy????????????
OANN with the abortion question...good lord

It's been 4 years of this.

www.dailykos.com

Trump D's - deny discredit discount deflect delay deceive divide dulcify distract destroy denigrate

Trump’s White House is once again in crisis. The Whistleblower report that surfaced this week charges among other things that the President of the United States abused the power of his office to solicit interference from a foreign country in the 2020...

The only change is the sheer rapidity and sadness of the effort.

Vimes

Oct 25, 2017
this is the fucking worst administration for this to happen in jesus fucking christ
Can you imagine being one of the Obama cabinet people who prepared as much as they could for this moment for years, only to have all those preparations thrown in the trash because eligible voters are idiots and our democracy is broken

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Can you imagine being one of the Obama cabinet people who prepared as much as they could for this moment for years, only to have all those preparations thrown in the trash because eligible voters are idiots and our democracy is broken
"It's thanks to Obama's radical left agenda that we had 2,000 deaths because of the Chinese virus!"

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

And Donald asked Alcindor condescendingly if she knew just before incorrectly responding to his own question.

twitter.com

MJ Lee on Twitter

“Trump says he knows South Korea better than anybody. "Do you know how big the city of Seoul is? 38 million people." This is incorrect.”

twitter.com

David Lauter on Twitter

“Fine for Trump not to know population of Seoul off top of his head -- most Americans don't. But to claim "I know S.Kor better than anyone," then challenge reporter on whether she knows city population & then give a number that's off by 4X is ... odd.”

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Screenshot_20200330-184248_Instagram.jpg

No. It's the same tactic as "some people are saying", or "my uncle at nintendo".

Oct 25, 2017
My timeline was cursed with someone pointing out Gov. Cuomo's nipple piercing. I just want you all to think about it too.

Plutone

Oct 25, 2017

My fucking god dude, for real. The amount of frustration and pain would be enough to kill me where I stand. Just seeing all these fucking slashes and intentionally ignored warning signs and all the lying holy fuck man

Every eight years we swing back the pendulum because of Fox News and the obsession of nonpartisanship

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Ooh, there's a small table next to the podium for the press conference.
...Dammit, CNN says it looks like a test kit. I was thinking he was going to sign some dramatic (and potentially legit helpful) executive order.
These are the new leads. And to you, they're gold. And you don't get them. Why? Because to give them to you is just throwing them away. They're for closers. I'd wish you good luck, but you wouldn't know what to do with it if you got it. And to answer your question, pal: Why am I here? I came here because Mitch and Mike asked me to, they asked me for a favor. I said the real favor, follow my advice and fire your fuckin' ass because a loser is a loser.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

twitter.com

Stephanie Murray on Twitter

“SCOOP: The Massachusetts Democratic Party will vote to cancel its May 30 convention on Saturday due to the coronavirus outbreak. It's agreed Sen. Ed Markey will be considered the winner of the convention & endorsed by the party, according to someone familiar w/ the plans. #mapoli”

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
CA now up over 7,000 cases.

I remember posting just this last week (uh, the end of the day Friday) when we were nearing 5,000 cases.

And we still have almost 60K outstanding tests.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Man the New Orleans numbers are pretty dreadful. Haven't ventured into the downtown for over a month now.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

twitter.com

Eric Umansky on Twitter

“Instead of buying low-cost ventilators that the *government paid to create*, Jared Kushner is planning to buy vents *from the same company* that are far more expensive and complex. https://t.co/w4TKe3i905”

www.propublica.org

Taxpayers Paid Millions to Design a Low-Cost Ventilator for a Pandemic. Instead, the Company Is Selling Versions of It Overseas.

As coronavirus sweeps the globe, there is not a single Trilogy Evo Universal ventilator — developed with government funds — in the U.S. stockpile. Meanwhile, Royal Philips N.V. has sold higher-priced versions to clients around the world.

aspiegamer

Oct 27, 2017
ZzzzzzZzzzZzz...
Some impressions I got today is that, after Trump actually said 100,000 dead would be a good result yesterday, that even some more skeptical people are taking this the fuck seriously now. Realizing, hey, yeah, that's a fuckton of people even if we completely shape up today.

Arm Van Dam

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 30, 2019
Illinois
Oct 30, 2017

I got to be involved in my county's response prepping for the H1N1 outbreak. They had that shit on lock. This? This makes me want to beat my head against a wall over how unprepared they STILL are.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

twitter.com

Annie Karni on Twitter

“Trump’s Virus Defense Is Often an Attack, and the Target Is Often a Woman ⁦@PressSec⁩ says that’s equal rights. https://t.co/ukdHdLpfDJ via @NYTimes”

twitter.com

Annie Karni on Twitter

“WH officials have privately criticized Whitmer for showing her inexperience on the group conference calls w/the president, and they defend him as a counter-puncher. But she has been relatively measured in her public criticisms of Trump. https://t.co/GyO8gKwOuA”

www.nytimes.com

Trump’s Virus Defense Is Often an Attack, and the Target Is Often a Woman (Published 2020)

Now part of the long list of women the president has insulted: a governor, a reporter, the head of General Motors and, of course, the House speaker.

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant

twitter.com

Stephanie Murray on Twitter

“SCOOP: The Massachusetts Democratic Party will vote to cancel its May 30 convention on Saturday due to the coronavirus outbreak. It's agreed Sen. Ed Markey will be considered the winner of the convention & endorsed by the party, according to someone familiar w/ the plans. #mapoli”

I wonder if Markey is a praying man.

But seriously, this is great.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
For fuck's sake.

WE NEED THIS DRUG MORE THAN YOU DO. Yes, even doctors on the front-lines. Taking a pill out of the mouth of a lupus patient sacrifices a certain and life-sustaining gain for a speculative and uncertain one. This is legally sanctioned hoarding of n95 masks. Leave the drug for people who need it.
My sister has lupus and can't get the medicine now

my mom also has lupus

MarioW

PikPok
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
New Zealand
Watching CNN, I had no idea Chris Cuomo and Gov. Cuomo were brothers. Thought the interview was weirdly antagonistic until I realized that.

Amibguous Cad

Oct 25, 2017
It was never about getting drugs and medicine to the people who needed it the most.

It was always about prioritizing the lives of the well over the lives of the disabled.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

twitter.com

Richard Blumenthal on Twitter

“Governors who ban abortion on the false premise that it is non-essential put women’s lives at risk—& ignore plain fact & law. Doctors, not politicians, determine essential medicine. https://t.co/Sl6lJVKdsW”

www.politico.com

Judges block 3 states from enforcing abortion bans pegged to pandemic

Ohio, Iowa, Mississippi, Alabama and Oklahoma are among the other states that recently moved to suspend access.

Federal judges on Monday lifted restrictions Texas and Ohio imposed on abortion during the coronavirus pandemic in decisions that could have repercussions for several more Republican-led states that have deemed the procedure non-essential during the crisis.
In Texas, District Court Judge Lee Yeakel sided with abortion clinics and granted a temporary restraining order through April 13 while arguments on the underlying legality of the state's order play out.
In Ohio, District Court Judge Michael Barrett similarly sided with Planned Parenthood and other groups challenging the state's ban and issued a two-week temporary restraining order.
Iowa, Mississippi, Alabama and Oklahoma are among the other states that recently moved to suspend access to the procedure as the pandemic intensified, arguing it would preserve desperately needed medical supplies. Texas' order was one of the strictest, threatening a $1,000 fine or 180 days of jail time on abortion providers who violated the ban.
Yeakel agreed with Texas clinics who argued that women who need an abortion can't live with a weeks- or possibly months-long delay. Clinic operators told reporters Monday that they've already had to cancel hundreds of appointments since the ban took effect last week.

aspiegamer

Oct 27, 2017
ZzzzzzZzzzZzz...
On the more lighthearted end of things in the ongoing Cuomo v Cuomo TV interview feud, the governor teased Chris for seemingly having to broadcast from the governor's residence basement tonight.
Watching CNN, I had no idea Chris Cuomo and Gov. Cuomo were brothers. Thought the interview was weirdly antagonistic until I realized that.
Those two have been awesome the past few weeks.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017

twitter.com

Richard Blumenthal on Twitter

“Governors who ban abortion on the false premise that it is non-essential put women’s lives at risk—& ignore plain fact & law. Doctors, not politicians, determine essential medicine. https://t.co/Sl6lJVKdsW”

www.politico.com

Judges block 3 states from enforcing abortion bans pegged to pandemic

Ohio, Iowa, Mississippi, Alabama and Oklahoma are among the other states that recently moved to suspend access.

Federal judges on Monday lifted restrictions Texas and Ohio imposed on abortion during the coronavirus pandemic in decisions that could have repercussions for several more Republican-led states that have deemed the procedure non-essential during the crisis.
In Texas, District Court Judge Lee Yeakel sided with abortion clinics and granted a temporary restraining order through April 13 while arguments on the underlying legality of the state's order play out.
In Ohio, District Court Judge Michael Barrett similarly sided with Planned Parenthood and other groups challenging the state's ban and issued a two-week temporary restraining order.
Iowa, Mississippi, Alabama and Oklahoma are among the other states that recently moved to suspend access to the procedure as the pandemic intensified, arguing it would preserve desperately needed medical supplies. Texas' order was one of the strictest, threatening a $1,000 fine or 180 days of jail time on abortion providers who violated the ban.
Yeakel agreed with Texas clinics who argued that women who need an abortion can't live with a weeks- or possibly months-long delay. Clinic operators told reporters Monday that they've already had to cancel hundreds of appointments since the ban took effect last week.

oh you mother rfuckers.

daedalius

Oct 27, 2017

twitter.com

Annie Karni on Twitter

“Trump’s Virus Defense Is Often an Attack, and the Target Is Often a Woman ⁦@PressSec⁩ says that’s equal rights. https://t.co/ukdHdLpfDJ via @NYTimes”

twitter.com

Annie Karni on Twitter

“WH officials have privately criticized Whitmer for showing her inexperience on the group conference calls w/the president, and they defend him as a counter-puncher. But she has been relatively measured in her public criticisms of Trump. https://t.co/GyO8gKwOuA”

www.nytimes.com

Trump’s Virus Defense Is Often an Attack, and the Target Is Often a Woman (Published 2020)

Now part of the long list of women the president has insulted: a governor, a reporter, the head of General Motors and, of course, the House speaker.

So fucking tired of the "counter puncher" narrative

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
The audio of the governors conference call needs to be released, or at least a longer clip. I love that the guy is like I cant trace people if I cant test them to begin with, and Trumps like weve got the best tests, doing more testing than anywhere, havent heard of tests in weeks. Like wtf.

Status
Not open for further replies.