• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
NY getting hit so hard is scaring me, but it's probably contained mostly to NYC? I live on the opposite part of the state
The counter intuitive thing is while blue states have been taking this seriously, metropolitan areas are still gonna be the worst hit because of pop density.

Seeing NYs number go up by a third again hurts, but I'm also glad that testing capacity is high enough that this is even possible.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

Again. This is where it's going. Donald Trump and Republicans will cover up their failures to contain the pandemic by stoking racial and cultural anger. It's only going to grow worse and more dangerous as the situation spirals out of control.

Sanguine

Jun 10, 2018
TBH, I don't think it will make much of a difference if Bernie stays in. He's probably going to end up like Tulsi with only his diehard supporters even realizing he's the race... and they probably won't even make the effort to vote (assuming they would in the first place). I know a few people in PA that supported Bernie in the 2016 primary, but didn't bother to vote because they felt it didn't matter at that point (which wasn't untrue).

I regret voting for Bernie in the 2016 PA primary. I also figured it didn't matter so I just voted who I supported at the time, but I can't help but wonder if doing so was a mistake and helped fuel Bernie's ego. Like, I was planning on still voting for Warren since I don't think it means much in the long run, but I wonder if I should just go with Biden to help knock Bernie down even more.

IggyChooChoo

Oct 25, 2017
The counter intuitive thing is while blue states have been taking this seriously, metropolitan areas are still gonna be the worst hit because of pop density.
It's true that rural people are less dense, which protects them, but IIRC they have even less hospital capacity per capita, so it may not be as simple as density would indicate. Plus they're taking it even less seriously. And rural America tends to be older than urban America (quick google search puts median rural age at 43 compared to urban America at 36). I think coronavirus is going to absolutely devastate rural churches. It's sad to contemplate.

Plinko

Oct 28, 2017
He's attacking my governor now? She's been one of the most proactive governors in the nation. It makes him look terrible so he gets pissy.

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
It's true that rural people are less dense, which protects them, but IIRC they have even less hospital capacity per capita, so it may not be as simple as density would indicate. Plus they're taking it even less seriously. And rural America tends to be older than urban America. I think coronavirus is going to absolutely devastate rural churches.
Yes, but the numbers will look smaller by comparison until its way too late.

Jer

Oct 27, 2017
You're not saying it right, that's why you're not getting it, it's a payroll TAX CUT

Woo less taxes! Taxes are bad! You sold me!

On another note, seeing Trump get praise as a uniter for having one day where he didn't actively make things worse is so infuriating. I mean, I know the media grades him on a curve, but come on, that can't possibly be the narrative.

gcubed

Oct 25, 2017
Woo less taxes! Taxes are bad! You sold me!

On another note, seeing Trump get praise as a uniter for having one day where he didn't actively make things worse is so infuriating. I mean, I know the media grades him on a curve, but come on, that can't possibly be the narrative.

Its Morning Joe.

Mercurial

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Anecdotally, I've seen many rural churches in my area cancelling services proactively in response to this crisis. I wouldn't be surprised if that's the actual wake-up call for many rural southerners; church services are rarely cancelled except in the most serious emergencies.

JVID

Oct 25, 2017
Chicagoland
So the old ladies working at my polling location couldnt find me on the voter roll. The issue? They didn't know you could scroll down on the tablet.. Im wondering how frequently this happens with people that have common last names. And mine isnt even common. Lmao.

patientzero

Oct 25, 2017
$1k for EVERY child 18 or younger? That seems bizarre. Oh, I assume the money goes to the parents?

Yes.

The Economic Growth and Tax Relief Reconciliation Act of 2001 points to how this could be done.

" In addition to the tax cuts implemented by the EGTRRA, it initiated a series of rebates for all taxpayers that filed a tax return for 2000. The rebate was up to a maximum of $300 for single filers with no dependents, $500 for single parents, and $600 for married couples. Anybody who paid less than their maximum rebate amount in net taxes received that amount, meaning some people who did not pay any taxes did not receive rebates. The rebates were automatic for anybody who filed their 2000 tax return on time, or filed for an extension and quickly sent a return. If an eligible person did not receive a rebate check by December 2001, then they could apply for the rebate in their 2001 tax return."

patientzero

Oct 25, 2017
18yos are adults, right? That would mean an 18 year old making less than 100k would get 5k? :p Semantics.

It would probably be based on previous tax year's income, thus any current 18-year-old would in theory have been claimed as a dependent on the previous year's tax return, when they would have been 17.

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
It makes absolutely no sense because it won't help anyone who's going to be on temporary unemployment.
He's been claiming it's the thing that makes the MOST sense. He hasn't got a fucking clue what he's doing. We've all known this, but it sure has been something watching him have to react in real time to something outside the ordinary.

He still thinks it can save him in November. That's why he's still pushing it.

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
Dipshit is on again saying how things are going great. Well, reality didn't even last 24hrs.

KingK

Oct 27, 2017
My work started work from home this week, so I'm on day 2, and I hate it lol.

Only one little laptop screen instead of 3 monitors, and my home internet isn't great so I keep having bandwidth and tech issues. And I have a puppy to take care of. On top of all that, my girlfriend has to start work from home tomorrow and we only have 1 table to sit at that literally won't have enough room for 2 work stations, plus the extra strain on the bandwidth... it's gonna be a mess. And my boss keeps getting on my ass to hurry up and finish what I'm working on. I'm pretty frustrated!!! You would think they would adjust their productivity expectations considering all this shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.