• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ignatz Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, at this point the DNC needs to call the election. It's clear Biden is going to be the nominee, and continuing this exercise is not good for either Bernie or Biden, nor for constituents. This has nothing to do with concern trolling or anything like that. Neither man will be the reason someone does or does not get the virus, but we need to lead on this issue.

I have no qualm with them delaying elections, I just think Dewine should have tried to do it before 4:00pm the day before the election.

This is not a great idea. Whether it's a done deal or not for Biden, there are downticket primaries that function like general elections for some non-swing areas. Delay, or find a better method than in-person.

Also, even if it's a done deal for Biden, people really, really don't like when their vote isn't counted.

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
I just hope he stays this spooked and sober until the outbreak ends. The damage will be done to the economy and thus to his reelection no matter how he acts, so I'd prefer he act like this.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
July or August huh? Wow this is ultra-mega-fucked. My kids apparently won't be going to school ever again.

I sure fucking hope some lessons are learned by this dumbass country and humanity as a whole after this, we're fucking lucky this shit isn't more fatal than it is! Image if it had like, a 25-50% fatality rate? It would be chaos, the world would cease to be.
The doctor person clarified that's for the curve to flatten out, not that the current near lockdown situation is projected to last that long, and Trump was a fool for giving that impression. That's two weeks and then see where we're at.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017

This is more worrying to me than anything else he has said about this

I don't see how this is a surprise. The idea of "flattening the curve" to help the healthcare system maintain sufficient supply was always, by necessity, also lengthening the curve.
You don't see how someone might look at the prospect of a nationwide self-quarantine for 4-5 months as a surprise? lol. You must be a very unflappable person!

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
To clarify:

15-day lockdown recommended. July/August is just the length of time the virus would be here in a "major" way. The situation would likely improve over the months until then.

daedalius

Oct 27, 2017
The doctor person clarified that's for the curve to flatten out, not that the current near lockdown situation is projected to last that long, and Trump was a fool for giving that impression. That's two weeks and then see where we're at.

Considering how botched the response has been, I won't be surprised to see cases spiraling out of control in two weeks. They are STILL NOT TESTING tons of people who may be positive, I know, my wife works in the lab. Unless you are literally dying, they don't test you. Tons of people get all the other panels run, they don't have anything else so PROBABLY have coronavirus, and get sent home with orders to quarantine. Nothing is enforcing them to stay away from others.

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
To me it was obvious we'll be periodically revisiting our mitigation strategies, but I don't think seeing school closures and limited movement until summer is that surprising (or unlikely).

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think it's surprising that the current level of 'stay inside' probably needs to carry on for a while longer; I do find it shocking Trump is willing to talk about it still being a problem that far off. At some point it sunk in for him that this is real, and that surprises me.

The way he described getting the test...makes me start to doubt he actually got it.

I honestly think he's just focused on convincing people they don't really want to get tested. "I got it, it sucks, you don't want it."

NihonTiger

Oct 25, 2017
To clarify:

15-day lockdown recommended. July/August is just the length of time the virus would be here in a "major" way. The situation would likely improve over the months until then.

Right, that's what I thought on the July bit. A lockdown for 4 months would be fairly extreme, but if the curve is flattened, it's going to be a thing for months, though more manageable.

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think it's surprising that the current level of 'stay inside' probably needs to carry on for a while longer; I do find it shocking Trump is willing to talk about it still being a problem that far off. At some point it sunk in for him that this is real, and that surprises me.

I honestly think he's just focused on convincing people they don't really want to get tested. "I got it, it sucks, you don't want it."
Yeah it could be that. Ok they're describing the test in full now.

Oct 25, 2017
Today is the day that Trump became president got internal polling that, when combined with stock market and job number projections, made him shit his pants.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Watching the conference now and Trump sounds completely different from anything ive ever seen from him. Hes actually reserved and not being an actual asshole when reporters ask tough questions. What did they give him lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.