• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sexy Fish

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
2 more cases in Missouri, bringing the total confirmed to 4. They haven't told us locations yet for some reason. At least we got a state of emergency.

Arm Van Dam

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 30, 2019
Illinois

Despite @SpeakerPelosi's announcement of a deal on coronavirus package, Rs are saying there is no deal right now. They say Pelosi "went too soon" and WH is still working thru bill

Rep. Drew Ferguson, chief deputy GOP whip, just told us this leaving McCarthy's office: "Pelosi said there's a deal? For what it's worth, I just left out of there and we hadn't gotten word. ... Nobody said anything about it. We hadn't heard there was a deal."

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Weren't they originally going to wait for a WH tweet to avoid this BS?

Whatever, just pass the bill with dem votes and go into quarantine

Oct 25, 2017
I have to assume there are people at the White House tasked with making sure Trump doesn't find out Pelosi announced the deal before he decided tweet his approval, because the petty bitch that he is would 100% decide not to give it his approval since she moved without him.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
You know, I'm not trying to make light of covid19. It's a big deal. People are going to get sick, and too many people are going to die. 49 so far in the US is horrific.
14c00d51-0b8d-4dd6-a71e-0caa61f54155.png

But, you know, we don't see a run on toilet paper every time someone dies of gun violence and it's a hell of a lot more likely to die from gun violence than covid19. But, you know....that's just me.

In the last 72 hours, there have been 208 deaths from gun violence.
Can we not do that, "It's just like..."? I'm fairly sure that post would warrant a ban in the coronavirus OT. Italy is at 1,226 deaths so far and the entire country is on lockdown to try and slow it down, and without that action hospitals would be totally overwhelmed.

Arm Van Dam

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 30, 2019
Illinois

Hoyer says that while Democrats thought they had a deal, it seems there are ongoing problems: "I think they thought there were some things in there that weren't in there or vice versa."
Hoyer says Dems might still vote on their bill tonight: "We've got a really good bill. I want to bring it to the floor. I want to pass it tonight, send it to the Senate, so they can act on it as soon as possible."

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Trump is on top of it.

WASHINGTON—Saying he was on top of the situation and the disease would not be spreading any further, President Donald Trump assured the nation Friday that he had called 911 to report the coronavirus pandemic and that help was on its way. "I just got off the phone with 911, they are aware of the situation, and we'll soon have this thing taken care of," the commander-in-chief said during a televised address on Covid-19, urging all 330 million Americans not to worry because emergency response personnel should be arriving to assist them any minute now. "I made sure to tell the operator this thing was important, and she agreed with me. So everyone should just relax and wait for them. They can send the fire department and the ambulance or both, and then they can probably give you a flu shot or something like that. It's good. We're in good shape."

politics.theonion.com

Trump Assures Americans He Called 911 To Report Coronavirus Outbreak

WASHINGTON—Saying he was on top of the situation and the disease would not be spreading any further, President Donald Trump assured the nation Friday that he had called 911 to report the coronavirus pandemic and that help was on its way. “I just got off the phone with 911, they are aware of the...

Antrax

Oct 25, 2017
That's not really fair.

They do not have the tests and have limited capacity to run them. Every test at this point needs to go to somebody who is likely positive and in critical condition.

This is on the CDC and the horrible administration. The testing could be done on a massive scale within the American healthcare system if they actually had tests and got labs ready to process them. Testing will soon be free even to the uninsured, but that's going to be meaningless when we still have so little capacity to actually do it.

In general, I'm not one of the "late stage capitalism/working as intended/etc..." types (even though my policy goals are similar), but this is pretty close to intended. Industries (including healthcare) running on the most skeletal crews they can to keep the margins up now can't survive even a slight increase in demand. That's not necessarily "intended" but it was a choice made intentionally.

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
I am not a hateful person, but sometimes I get really scared at myself for how much seething hatred I have for one person.

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

So ignoring Trump stupidity here for a second, what the fuck is even going on here?
Investors can be stupid, but they're can't be that stupid. Whole sectors of the economy are getting murdered right now, a ton of people getting fired. Nobody can possibly think we're not heading into good economic times.
Is there stock running behind the scenes?

SSF1991

Jun 19, 2018
Just pass the fucking bill already.

Fucking tired of the incompetent response, and I'm fucking tired of Republicans and Trump throwing a fucking fit over anything that helps Americans even just a little bit. Jesus fucking Christ.

bmdubya

Nov 1, 2017
Colorado
Just pass the fucking bill already.

Fucking tired of the incompetent response, and I'm fucking tired of Republicans and Trump throwing a fucking fit over anything that helps Americans even just a little bit. Jesus fucking Christ.
I wish Dems would grow and spine and say "if you're truly a Christian, you'll support helping all Americans." One thing I agreed with Pete on is how Republicans are fake Christians.

Antrax

Oct 25, 2017
You know, I'm not trying to make light of covid19. It's a big deal. People are going to get sick, and too many people are going to die. 49 so far in the US is horrific.
14c00d51-0b8d-4dd6-a71e-0caa61f54155.png

But, you know, we don't see a run on toilet paper every time someone dies of gun violence and it's a hell of a lot more likely to die from gun violence than covid19. But, you know....that's just me.

In the last 72 hours, there have been 208 deaths from gun violence.

Or just use something like auto accidents. About 100 deaths daily.

I think the ballpark for response should be higher than the Trumper "it's just the flu", but it probably shouldn't be as high as "Bird Box documentary." Practice social distancing, good hygiene, and other CDC guidelines.

Gun deaths aren't increasing exponentially.

Not anymore, but they probably were at some point. We just got used to where they topped off.

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like Mnuchin, because as shit as he is he's one of the only sane people left in the Administration, keeps agreeing to a deal and then everyone else around Trump gets him to renege on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.