• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
I'll be so glad when the only time I have to see Trump is either a) in an orange jumpsuit or b) in grainy video where he's entering his Trump Hotel in Moscow while in exile after January of 2021.

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
Can't read it so now he's mumbling through it. He should just fucking wear glasses.
Probably most of his problem with reading, honestly. On a filmed deposition (which I expect he never expected to be seen by the wider public), he said, "I'm sorry, I forgot my glasses" when asked to read something. He's so insecure he won't be seen in public with them.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Man what a fucking joke this guy is.

Dow Jones free falling hearing Trump talk.

Oct 25, 2017
No rules, no regulations

Unless you want a coronavirus test. Then Trump will make sure you only get one if you're worthy.

this is such a mess

Oct 27, 2017
He can't read this one either.

He doesn't even need to read all this like a king's proclamation. HHS can just do this stuff.

And what partnership with private sector? "No test if you don't feel like it"? Sign a bill already.

Albert

Oct 25, 2017
www.huffpost.com

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Refused To Campaign More For Sanders

The popular New York lawmaker's absence was notable as Sanders lost his Democratic front-runner status to Joe Biden.

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) turned down repeated requests from Bernie Sanders' presidential campaign to appear at events promoting the Vermont senator's candidacy in recent weeks, according to three people familiar with the discussions.
After the Iowa caucuses, Sanders campaign manager Faiz Shakir asked Ocasio-Cortez to stump for Sanders in New Hampshire, according to the sources. The campaign prepared a model schedule to highlight the kind of popular support she would expect if she attended, one of the people familiar with the talks said.
Ocasio-Cortez resisted the entreaties until a few days before the primary on Feb. 12. She ultimately spoke the day before the election at a Sanders rally in Durham, New Hampshire, where the rock band The Strokes performed.
"It was like pulling teeth to get her to New Hampshire," said a second person who knew about the discussions.
The absence of the popular progressive lawmaker on the trail in the weeks that followed was even more notable. In nearly a month that passed from Feb. 11 until March 8 ― two days before the Michigan primary ― Ocasio-Cortez declined multiple invitations from Sanders' campaign to speak on his behalf in Nevada, South Carolina and the 14 states that voted on Super Tuesday, the three people told HuffPost.
During that period, Sanders rose and fell quickly, going from the uncontested front-runner after Nevada's Feb. 22 contest to a heavy underdog after a blowout in South Carolina on Feb. 29 and Super Tuesday routs on March 3.
As an embattled Sanders prepared to mount an unsuccessful stand against former Vice President Joe Biden in Michigan on Tuesday, the campaign again turned to Ocasio-Cortez for help.
She agreed at the last minute to deliver a speech on Sunday at a get-out-the-vote rally on the University of Michigan campus in Ann Arbor. Sanders' campaign issued a revised media advisory about the rally the night before, informing the press that Ocasio-Cortez would be present.
Neither the Sanders campaign nor the campaign office of Ocasio-Cortez denied the essential facts of the story.

-------------------------

Although the Sanders and Ocasio-Cortez teams would not say whether Ocasio-Cortez's decision to avoid the trail reflected any dispute, the first source said a disagreement over Ocasio-Cortez's remarks in Iowa seemed to cool her on helping with the campaign.
At a rally in Ames on Jan. 25, Ocasio-Cortez delivered a speech in which she failed to mention Sanders' name ― an omission that Fox News noticed and highlighted. She also encouraged those in attendance to tip off people about the presence of immigration enforcement authorities in their communities to help undocumented immigrants evade detention.
As Vanity Fair first reported in February, Shakir apparently communicated to Ocasio-Cortez his dissatisfaction over her remarks about alerting the presence of immigration authorities. While Sanders has sought to scrap and restructure the Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency in its current form, his campaign has been trying to avoid the impression that it was encouraging noncooperation with federal law as it exists, according to one source. (The Sanders campaign denied on Friday that Shakir ever spoke to Ocasio-Cortez about her immigration remarks.)
After that, Ocasio-Cortez ― already annoyed with the campaign's Jan. 23 decision to publicize the endorsement of controversial podcast host Joe Rogan ― grew less interested in helping Sanders' campaign, according to the source. After her last event in Iowa on Jan. 26, she did not return to the trail for Sanders until 16 days later, at the New Hampshire rally featuring The Strokes.

Burning bridges with the person who revived his campaign? Incredible.

His incompetence is almost breathtaking.

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Probably most of his problem with reading, honestly. On a filmed deposition (which I expect he never expected to be seen by the wider public), he said, "I'm sorry, I forgot my glasses" when asked to read something. He's so insecure he won't be seen in public with them.
also when he had hope hicks holding up answers for his interview

TRUMP: Give me those notes, Hope, come on, just give – I can't read it. What do you think, I have 20/20 perfect –

HICKS: I was just saying, you self-funded.

TRUMP: Huh?

HICKS: You self-funded.

TRUMP: Oh, yeah, I self-funded much of my –
www.politico.com

Full transcript: Trump’s Wall Street Journal interview

The president sat down with the Journal's editor-in-chief Gerard Baker in the Oval Office on July 25.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm just watching this speech and marveling that they couldn't even get social distancing right with the positioning of people behind the podium. Why do all of these people need to be clumped up in the background? Set a good example ffs

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017

Trump: "We don't want people to take a test if we feel they shouldn't be doing that...running out and taking. Only if they have certain symptoms." (Even people with symptoms have had a hard time getting tested.)

Oh here we go. Its hard to get a test by design. Sure.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Doctor praising Dear Leader's leadership, describing things that should have happened six weeks ago not last week.

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Unleashing the power of the private sector yay

This lady has to kiss his ass to get anything done I dont blame her

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Private sector is going to get fucking paid over Coronavirus.

Trump/WH using half their time to thank private companies.

Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe we're looking at a flowchart that bases our entire testing approach around people not lying on an internet questionnaire like this is a good thing. It's nice that there'll be a way to tell people answering honestly if their symptoms match, but that's going to be such an inefficient test filter.

Also I completely don't understand if that line about 1-2% positive results was supposed to be a brag over South Korea's 3%. Was that supposed to make sense?

Oct 27, 2017
I can't believe we're looking at a flowchart that bases our entire testing approach around people not lying on an internet questionnaire like this is a good thing. It's nice that there'll be a way to tell people answering honestly if their symptoms match, but that's going to be such an inefficient test filter.

Also I completely don't understand if that line about 1-2% positive results was supposed to be a brag over South Korea's 3%. Was that supposed to make sense?

There are plenty of people out there who won't use this because they are "not going to want the government to have their personal information".

Jupiter IV

Jan 6, 2018

Only 1,700 software engineers at google could make such a beautiful perfect website.

Status
Not open for further replies.