• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vena

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
"We're passing this shit."

The End.

I want to see Trump now say we need tax cuts after that.

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017
Short but strong statement from Pelosi. I really, REALLY hope the bill makes it to becoming law.

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
Cuomo's been doing pretty good on it (relative, of course). He's opened up drive-through testing.
Oh that wasn't a criticism (i don't think you were saying that). This is inline with what we see as it ramps up. I seem to recall days of 33% jumps in other countries before it'd get under control.

Hell, that testing might be the only reason we're seeing numbers closer to the real.

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017

Joint statement from AZ, IL, OH, and FL election officials.

They'll still hold primaries this Tuesday. They emphasize that people spend less time voting than at concerts, games, etc., and that poll workers will take precautions and follow CDC recommendations. Public health officials have deemed it safe.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Oh that wasn't a criticism (i don't think you were saying that). This is inline with what we see as it ramps up. I seem to recall days of 33% jumps in other countries before it'd get under control.

Hell, that testing might be the only reason we're seeing numbers closer to the real.
Yeah, wasn't thinking that you were criticizing him. My point is more that until testing ramps up we have no clue what the spread is.

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
So Pelosi is probably talking because orange vomit doesn't want to accept it? Seems to me like that's the case.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017

They'll still hold primaries this Tuesday. They emphasize that people spend less time voting than at concerts, games, etc., and that poll workers will take precautions and follow CDC recommendations. Public health officials have deemed it safe.

This is not good logic at all, people still stand it links, touch desks, pens and such.

Geg

Oct 25, 2017

Genuinely hope things go okay. I want to find some reason to be hopeful about the virus situation lol

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
Bernie wins Florida, 3 voters to 2!
CmbXK_aVYAEhHGQ.jpg:large

Oct 27, 2017
Where I vote they use a felt pen that they provide to fill a bubble next to your choice with black ink. You then walk your ballot to the machine which "eats it" (scans it in and keeps it in the machine). The "privacy booth" is just a carrel now (no curtain), so nothing really needs to be touched there.

So it makes a little sense to be concerned about touching the pen. I wouldn't operate a polling place right now without enough hand sanitizer and wipes.

fragamemnon

Nov 30, 2017
AO🐍 is going to start trending now isn't it. Dear Leader cannot fail, only those around him can fail.

I drove through and around my rural western WA town today and it was worrisome. People simply are not exercising enough self sacrifice or control. We have the technocratic leadership but don't have the moral leadership to get people to change their ways enough.

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
So Sanders is staying in this race because he probably feels that he might win through depressed turnout? That seems to be his only shot of winning the remaining states.

His decision to open up field offices is very disappointing.

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
This is going to be a huge issue and likely something Bernie is counting on to try and somehow win this.
Then he's even dumber than I thought. Old people will still vote in good numbers because many of them would crawl over broken glass to vote, and young people now have an excuse to vote even less.

This virus won't help him overcome 20-point deficits in IL and OH and a 40-point deficit in FL... and if that's his calculation he's kind of shitty for thinking he can take advantage of a pandemic.

Tamanon

Oct 25, 2017
So Sanders is staying in this race because he probably feels that he might win through depressed turnout? That seems to be his only shot of winning the remaining states.

His decision to open up field offices is very disappointing.

It's....not the best strategy!

I think he made this decision before corona spread.

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
It's....not the best strategy!

I think he made this decision before corona spread.
I sincerely hope this isn't what they're banking on.

Yeah. I was actually not going to mind him staying in the race just for the debate and then dropping out after next Tuesday but it seems like he wants to stay past that and probably thinks that he can still win. And most likely the primaries will get delayed now.

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
omg the conspiracy theories are running rampant now

China "created the virus in a lab" and evidence being parts of HIV being found within

Like wtf man seriously with this shit?

Given that my (admittedly underinformed) understanding of HIV is that its origins are likely connected to bushmeat, it seems to me that it looking like HIV is some excellent evidence that it actually was not lab-developed. It's exactly the sort of evolution that a non-human virus would need in order to spread from its original species host. (And of course there's the fact that if it was supposed to be an intentinoal population control thing the China is responding to it in the least effective manner for their goal)

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Given that my (admittedly underinformed) understanding of HIV is that its origins are likely connected to bushmeat, it seems to me that it looking like HIV is some excellent evidence that it actually was not lab-developed. It's exactly the sort of evolution that a non-human virus would need in order to spread from its original species host. (And of course there's the fact that if it was supposed to be an intentinoal population control thing the China is responding to it in the least effective manner for their goal)

Thank you

My dumb ass is so flabbergasted at the stupidity that i cant put the words together to counter this kind of stuff

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah. I was actually not going to mind him staying in the race just for the debate and then dropping out after next Tuesday but it seems like he wants to stay past that and probably thinks that he can still win. And most likely the primaries will get delayed now.
I'll be blunt, given the lead and the pandemic, it makes no sense to risk his life, Biden's life, and lives of all the voters when the outcome is statistically a long-long shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.