• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SneakersSO

Banned
Oct 24, 2017
North America
He won't listen to anyone but Stephen Miller who gives two shits about the stock market.

I had complete confidence Trump was going to make everything worse. I just didn't know how he'd make it worse.

More people seem to be waking up to the reality of the person in charge of the country right now. Whether it's because of their health, or their 401K, things dont look so rosy all of a sudden and people are freaking out because of who is in charge.

Hopefully they don't go back to sleep.

Like i've said for a few days - the longer this goes on and worse this gets, the better the chance of ousting him in the fall. If this goes away quick and doesn't leave a strong enough impact.... or if he some how gains a strong leadership image from this?

Luckily, hes an idiot who doesn't realize that he could be flipping this to his benefit if he handled it well LOL.

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Like i've said for a few days - the longer this goes on and worse this gets, the better the chance of ousting him in the fall. If this goes away quick and doesn't leave a strong enough impact.... or if he some how gains a strong leadership image from this?

Luckily, hes an idiot who doesn't realize that he could be flipping this to his benefit if he handled it well LOL.
He's has failed to leverage anything that a better president could have used to show leadership. The natural disasters. The situations with Iran or Syria. You name it.

Oct 26, 2017
South Carolina
I'm really worried about my parents. 2020 hasn't given us much of a breather.

Same. Mine are getting cabin fever and want me to their house for some reason too. At least it gave me a chance to debunk them of some things over the phone. I'm like, "YOU'RE RETIRED."

Fixed that for ya. If he's read a single book in the last 40 years I'd be shocked, maybe even lifetime but I can't imagine he was able to skim his way through college... right? Nobody can be that privil.... you know what? Nevermind.

Maples said he kept Mein Kampf by his bedside. If it's something he's interested in like manipulating people, he's game.

Did anyone tell him that white people come from Europe or was that another slip-of-the-tongue?

Heavy Russian interference? Though they have been trying to help Bernie win the primaries, and look how that's turning out.

Oh, theyr'e trying (the WH's lackies Nunes' Running Buddy Kash Patel and Moldovan Oligarch Henchman Richard Grenell have been hiding IC briefings earmarked for Congress about this, but you're right; they have been fucking up and/or we've been smarter in sussing it out.

Oct 25, 2017
That address was so bad that I realized that, for all my hatred of Bloomberg, I would have voted for him in November when it came down to it.

And Bloomberg is a more competent Trump in 90% of his ways. It's that last 10% that drove me over the edge.

Vestal

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa FL
Fuck.. Now Pence puts out a dumbass statement.... Great

CAN THESE MOTHER FUCKERS GET THE MESSAGE STRAIGHT?!?!

Tonight, President @realDonaldTrump took decisive action in suspending all travel from Europe to the United States for the next 30 days and ensuring that working Americans affected by the Coronavirus can stay home without financial hardship.

Iolo

Oct 27, 2017
Britain
Feels like we passed a tipping point in the last few hours.

And airlines are freaking out right now. I guarantee they did not get a heads up.

less

Oct 25, 2017

Tonight, President @realDonaldTrump took decisive action in suspending all travel from Europe to the United States for the next 30 days and ensuring that working Americans affected by the Coronavirus can stay home without financial hardship.

Sigh. Mission prevent markets from tanking has failed spectacularly.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017

What exactly did he do that ensured working americans can stay home

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017

did I miss something, what ensures work Americans that are sick can stay home

Titik

Oct 25, 2017

I mean this is good and all but it still makes you cynical when people forget again after four years.

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
did I miss something, what ensures work Americans that are sick can stay home

Not a damn thing. Here is what he claimed though:

To ensure that working Americans impacted by the virus can stay home without fear of financial hardship, I will soon be taking emergency action, which is unprecedented, to provide financial relief. This will be targeted for workers who are ill, quarantined or caring for others due to coronavirus. I will be asking Congress to take legislative action to extend this relief.

The House just revealed their bill tonight, which will certainly be rejected. The Senate earlier rejected another bill for this

Trump refuses to speak to Pelosi because he got impeached, so good luck getting anything done

kess

Oct 27, 2017

I half expect the economy to crater so hard in the next quarter, any dead cat bounce in the next will be passed off as "see, not a recession!"

GrapeApes

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

twitter.com

Justin Baragona on Twitter

“Oh man! You gotta check out this back-and-forth between Don Lemon and John Kasich in which Lemon straight-up admonishes Kasich for thinking Trump's address was fine. "Can I finish now?" "No, you can't, John!" https://t.co/a4TaAN0qcX”

"He had the right tone" 😤

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

twitter.com

“Oh man! You gotta check out this back-and-forth between Don Lemon and John Kasich in which Lemon straight-up admonishes Kasich for thinking Trump's address was fine. "Can I finish now?" "No, you can't, John!" https://t.co/a4TaAN0qcX”

the right tone? he sounded like he was about to collapse and was annoyed that he had to give a speech

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Kevin McCarthy on Hannity:

"What we watched tonight is the exact type of leader that we need in the White House."

"His tone, his leadership, his action, that action that he took early on that people would criticize him for, walling off China ... had Italy done that, they would be in a different position today," he added.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017

"What we watched tonight is the exact type of leader that we need in the White House."

"His tone, his leadership, his action, that action that he took early on that people would criticize him for, walling off China ... had Italy done that, they would be in a different position today," he added.
These statements are gonna be wild to read in 2 weeks

SquirrelSr

Oct 26, 2017

HIS HEALTH OFFICIALS LET A BUNCH OF CONFIRMED CASES WANDER BACK INTO THE GENERAL POPULATION. THERE IS STILL NO ACCESSIBLE TESTING. THE FIRST THING TRUMP DID ABOUT THE CORONAVIRUS WAS WHINE ABOUT THE STOCK MARKET.

shinra-bansho

Oct 25, 2017
I don't really know what anyone expects a ban on travel from Europe to do, when a communicable disease is already endemic and locally transmitting.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017

twitter.com

Kasich flailing about with his 'we have to look forward not backward' as a deflection from criticizing a speech that just happened hours ago. Hoo boy.

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't really know what anyone expects a ban on travel from Europe to do, when a communicable disease is already endemic and locally transmitting.
Nothing. They're in over their heads and his top adviser is Miller who is a 1-trick pony

The WHO has already noted previously that it won't do anything. In fact, they say it's counter productive

Updated WHO recommendations for international traffic in relation to COVID-19 outbreak

This document provides updated recommendations for international traffic in relation to the COVID-19 outbreak, in light of the rapidly evolving situation. It supersedes the advice published on 27 January 2020.On 30 January 2020, the Director-General of the World Health Organization, following...

It's common sense, frankly. The virus is already here and the ban is selective anyway

Oct 26, 2017

It would be one thing if the stock markets were falling because Trump was making hard choices that caused short-term hurt to get us in a better position for the long-term.

The problem is a travel ban is completely insufficient at this stage because the virus is already on US shores by the thousands. So his actions are causing the markets to crash without even addressing the underline problem with meaningful action.

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Cant wait for the NYT article where its stated that everyone recommended against this and just decided to do it anyway

fragamemnon

Nov 30, 2017
It would be one thing if the stock markets were falling because Trump was making hard choices that caused short-term hurt to get us in a better position for the long-term.

The problem is a travel ban is completely insufficient at this stage because the virus is already on US shores by the thousands. So his actions are causing the markets to crash without even addressing the underline problem with meaningful action.

This, Trump's inability to back the one thing with an immediate benefit, basic social distancing and move faster on testing means that the uncertainty of outcomes is through the roof.

All Wall St. wants is levelheaded action to get us to the point of stable case numbers and a slow return to normalized production.

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017

Jesus Christ. Where is the bottom?

Status
Not open for further replies.