• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
The margin between Biden and Sanders continues narrow. It already went from 7.4% to 7.3% yesterday. So now it's down to 7.2%.
That's really bad news for Sanders.
He absolutely needed a double digit win considering what else happened on Super Tuesday. I think the current estimate is he'll net 50 delegates over Biden? I think that's what Bad Nate said.

AzorAhai

Oct 29, 2017
Sanders is done, but more importantly you're not getting a progressive President until 2028 I think. This is going to fuck the rest of the world beyond repair.

Juna

Nov 26, 2017
He absolutely needed a double digit win considering what else happened on Super Tuesday. I think the current estimate is he'll net 50 delegates over Biden? I think that's what Bad Nate said.

And he's 80 behind according to this Nate. Which means Sanders will still leave Tuesday being behind Biden. Not a good position considering the Florida polling.

Psamtik

Oct 27, 2017
I want Kamala Harris popping cooldowns and hard swapping to Trump the second his bubble drops.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Abby D. Phillip @abbydphillip
https://twitter.com/abbydphillip/status/1236635059836391425
Rev. Jesse Jackson has endorsed a Bernie Sanders and will appear at Sanders' campaign event in Grand Rapids Michigan this morning, per campaign.

8:49 AM - Mar 8, 2020

Greg Krieg @GregJKrieg

New: Jesse Jackson endorses Bernie Sanders.
He says Biden didn't reach out to him, then gives 13 reasons why he chose Sanders:​

Sanders endorsed Jackson's groundbreaking 1988 presidential run. (The year, of course, that Biden made his first, tho short-lived, run.)​

8:43 AM - Mar 8, 2020 · Brooklyn, NY

Henry J. Gomez @HenryJGomez

Jesse Jackson this morning is endorsing Bernie Sanders. He and Biden have a complicated backstory — @darrensands and I wrote about that here: https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/henrygomez/joe-biden-jesse-jackson-2020-election …

8:45 AM - Mar 8, 2020

Last edited:

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
That's a nice endorsement for Bernie, feel like it would have been more helpful last week, but still.

Vector

Feb 28, 2018

Rev. Jesse Jackson has endorsed a Bernie Sanders and will appear at Sanders' campaign event in Grand Rapids Michigan this morning, per campaign.

Greg Krieg @GregJKrieg

He says Biden didn't reach out to him, then gives 13 reasons why he chose Sanders:

Sanders endorsed Jackson's groundbreaking 1988 presidential run. (The year, of course, that Biden made his first, tho short-lived, run.)

Jesse Jackson this morning is endorsing Bernie Sanders. He and Biden have a complicated backstory — @darrensands and I wrote about that here: https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/henrygomez/joe-biden-jesse-jackson-2020-election …

why couldn't Jesse Jackson endorse Bernie before South Carolina?

Ac30

Oct 30, 2017
London

ABC News @ABC

Sen. Bernie Sanders on Super Tuesday results: "One of the things I was kind of not surprised by was the power of the establishment to force Amy Klobuchar, who had worked so hard, Pete Buttigieg who had really worked extremely hard as well out of the race." https://abcn.ws/2W1ezbr

8:38 AM - Mar 8, 2020

"I can't believe my plan to win with 30% didn't work!"
why couldn't Jesse Jackson endorse Bernie before South Carolina?
My exact thought, why come out now? This would've been way more useful a week ago!

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
Honestly, I feel like they know there would be another endorsement this weekend, and sorta "OH SHIT" until they got an endorsement to roll out.

Kamala is also going to be in Michigan Monday night with Biden.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Pixieking

Oct 25, 2017

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
Am I not the only one who finds it condescending as fuck to assume "THE ESTABLISHMENT" could force Klob out? I feel like of all the candidates, she'd go after them with a stapler.

I hope Biden gets Kamala her own bus. She loved Mr. Bus so much. They were good friends.

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A couple of question for poli era.

A. What chance does a Biden / Harris ticket have on unifying the democratic party?
B. What are the chances of a Biden / Harris ticket beating Trump in November?

Ac30

Oct 30, 2017
London
Do we know Bernie asked for his endorsement before now?
If he didn't, then yeesh

Then again Biden apparently didn't reach out

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

We have a perfectly coordinated and fine tuned plan at the White House for our attack on CoronaVirus. We moved VERY early to close borders to certain areas, which was a Godsend. V.P. is doing a great job. The Fake News Media is doing everything possible to make us look bad. Sad!

Incredible, the double and triple down on the stupidest shit, and right before (proper) testing makes the numbers explode.

With the massive spike in numbers here and in the US there's no chance this doesn't cause a recession. The damage to consumer spending alone will ensure it.

Tamanon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Am I not the only one who finds it condescending as fuck to assume "THE ESTABLISHMENT" could force Klob out? I feel like of all the candidates, she'd go after them with a stapler.

I hope Biden gets Kamala her own bus. She loved Mr. Bus so much. They were good friends.

It's just boilerplate Bernie nonsense.

THE ESTABLISHMENT is behind everything. Not the fact that neither of the candidates had a viable path after SC showed that the Biden confidence was still there in voters.

Vector

Feb 28, 2018

A. What chance does a Biden / Harris ticket have on unifying the democratic party?
A. Very little - Kamala has a really bad rep among leftists and I'm not sure young black voters like her very much for her prosecutorial record.
B. Pretty decent cause people are fucking tired of Trump.

Rebel1

Oct 25, 2017

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

We have a perfectly coordinated and fine tuned plan at the White House for our attack on CoronaVirus. We moved VERY early to close borders to certain areas, which was a Godsend. V.P. is doing a great job. The Fake News Media is doing everything possible to make us look bad. Sad!

Jeff Mason @jeffmason1

.⁦@realDonaldTrump⁩ has arrived at his golf course.

8:42 AM - Mar 8, 2020

"We are going to defeat this virus where ever it is, now watch this drive"

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
I gotta say this Biden campaign is light years away from the pre SC campaign. Glad to see it.

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
In the same way it would be super dumb for Obama to come out before Tuesday to endorse Biden, it would be super dumb for Warren to endorse either candidate before Tuesday. Hope she just waits until this time next week when things are much clearer.

Sanguine

Jun 10, 2018
Honestly, I would prefer a Biden/Warren ticket as a unifying ticket over Biden/Harris (or honestly anyone). Not just because I prefer Warren, but I mean Warren is supposed to be well liked by pretty much everyone (except the Sanders people I suppose). I still think Warren is much better than Biden/Sanders, but if she can't be president, I think VP is next best. I mean some of the issues she ran into was that people didn't know her/questioned her electibility... so why not use VP as a stepping stone for 2024? Being VP seems to have worked wonders for Biden and Warren would still be younger in 2024 than Biden/Bernie is now.

I see people bring up Stacey Abrams, Tammy Duckworth, Kamala Harris, Beto O'Rouke, Pete Buttigeig and Amy Klobuchaur as VP candidates for Biden, but honestly I still see Warren as a better choice. What do the others bring to Biden's ticket? Biden seems to already have the black vote so would Abrams really make a difference? IMO, Beto killed himself with his gun talk and Pete is just young Biden so he doesn't really help. IMO, that would leave Duckworth, Harris, and Klobuchaur. However, as noted, Klobuchar had that issue with BLM (as well as her abusive staff) so I don't know how well she works. I don't know much about Duckworth, but I do think given Biden's age, I do think it's important to have someone who has experience to take over if needed.

FWIW, I don't think Sanders/Warren is a good ticket - they are too similar and as well liked as I believe Warren is, I don't think it's enough to get moderates to fall in with Bernie.

This is great.

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017

Unless something catastrophic happens this is going to be very close. Biden/Any VP will get millions of more votes than Trump, but the built in advantages for republicans are overwhelming. Hillary won the popular vote by nearly 3 million and it wasn't enough.

If the election had been in 2018 we'd have won, but Trump wasn't on the ballot and he inspires white turnout, and the 10-12 states that actually matter have lots of white people in them. Florida and Wisconsin aren't looking good so we have a very small margin of error here.

Tamanon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, I'd rate the strength of tickets as:

1. Biden/Harris - Helps soften the "oh he's just going to pardon Trump" nonsense
2. Biden/Buttigieg - Covers each other's weaknesses (white liberals vs black vote)
3. Biden/Klobuchar - Good for the midwest
4. Biden/Warren - I have some fears about any unifying power, if only because Sanders fans might see this is a snake thing.

All my personal opinion of course.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
God I hope he doesn't pick Pete. I don't have quite the hatred others seem to but he's way too inexperienced and whoever Biden picks has such a massive likelihood of being the next nominee and/or becoming president. I feel like there's many more deserving of the lift and platform.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017

Vector

Feb 28, 2018
McConnell losing his senate seat would absolutely be the most satisfying event for me. A distant second would be Trump losing, then finally the Dems retaking the Senate.

Dr. Benton Quest

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
McConnell losing his senate seat would absolutely be the most satisfying event for me. A distant second would be Trump losing, then finally the Dems retaking the Senate.
I would love to see that smug fucker get stuffed down, but I'll take a simple majority if nothing else.

Put Warren on the ticket. Maybe she'll convince Joe to kill the filibuster.

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017

Greg Krieg @GregJKrieg

He says Biden didn't reach out to him, then gives 13 reasons why he chose Sanders:

Sanders endorsed Jackson's groundbreaking 1988 presidential run. (The year, of course, that Biden made his first, tho short-lived, run.)

This is great... but also too late..

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
I think Warren is an electoral mess and I would not want her near the ticket. Did people not see that word cloud from like a week ago?

Dr. Benton Quest

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Plus, Biden would have nothing to do with killing the filibuster in that capacity beyond bully pulpit. That falls on the Senate itself.
It's gonna be really weird for the leader of the party to disagree with his Senate majority on something like that.

I'm mostly just saying I hope someone convinces him and that I'd really like to see Warren in the White House in some capacity :/

I think Warren is an electoral mess and I would not want her near the ticket. Did people not see that word cloud from like a week ago?
Do you think he should pick a progressive running mate at all? I think Pressley would be a good choice.

Maybe he can pick Harris or Klob and be fine though.

Oct 25, 2017

Greg Krieg @GregJKrieg

Seems a week too late lmao. These black progressive leaders were real quiet then.

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
It's gonna be really weird for the leader of the party to disagree with his Senate majority on something like that.

I'm mostly just saying I hope someone convinces him and that I'd really like to see Warren in the White House in some capacity :/

Do you think he should pick a progressive running mate at all? I think Pressley would be a good choice.

Maybe he can pick Harris or Klob and be fine though.
Yes. I actually like the idea of Pressley as the VP. Maybe too inexperienced, though, but I like her actually. Pretty good pick.

Independents do not like Warren. I just don't see the advantage. What does she really offer the ticket someone fresher/newer/without all that baggage can't?

Oct 27, 2017
The VP pick also has importance should breaking ties in the Senate be needed. Independents want trump out and warren isn't going to destroy the financial services industry.

Status
Not open for further replies.