• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

aspiegamer

Oct 27, 2017
ZzzzzzZzzzZzz...
Trump got high ratings during that briefing because he did it during the middle of the fucking local and national news at dinner hour when freaking everyone turns on the TV, and fucking everyone is watching the news at that hour because they're fucking terrified about what's going on.

Oh crap, I hit another "I know I say this seemingly every day, but this is bad even for him."

Basileus777

Oct 26, 2017
New Jersey
That makes sense. I imagine if it ever happens it'll be a mess.
The focus for companies like Amazon should be on protecting their employees, which I really doubt they are doing an adequate job of. These big corporations employing "essential" workers are talking a big game, but from my experience aren't actually providing the people working for them with the tools to actually work cleanly/safely.

OP
OP
Ogodei

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
Unless you're sick enough to need ICU, they just ain't testing. I am convinced they know it's been spreading for weeks, and the spike is just now coming into focus

Right. The growth in cases is linear because it's tied to the growth in testing, which is also linear.

Deaths and hospitalizations are what you need to pay attention to, unfortunately.

To the surprise of no one, sadly.

I said before, Northam needs to drop the hammer on this shit.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
TBH it'd be insane to think that the volume of freight that they deal with could all be sanitized. And it'd be a waste anyway, there's no reason to think the virus is spreading this way.
The virus does spread from touch transfer (infected person coughs on their hand, their hand touches a surface, someone else within a period of time touches that surface and then touches their nose/eyes/mouth) and it can survive on packages for some time, but the biggest threat is whether or not your delivery person is infected, which warehouse sanitation won't solve.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

More interested in the royals than a pandemic

www.reuters.com

UK's Prince Harry, wife Meghan, do not need U.S. help for security costs, spokeswoman says

Britain's Prince Harry and his wife, Meghan, have no plans to ask the U.S. government for help with security costs, the couple said in a statement on Sunday in response to a tweet from President Donald Trump that the United States would not pay for their protection.
There is no indication that either Prince Harry or the British government has asked the U.S. government to cover security costs, which some media reports have said run to millions a year. The British Embassy in Washington did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

twitter.com

Daniel Dale on Twitter

“Trump praised GM today, saying "they're carrying out contracts to build ventilators, and they’ve started already." GM spokes says they're working at extraordinary speed to make this happen, but are "not making ventilators yet" -- it'll start in "probably the next couple weeks."”

Oct 25, 2017
I'm watching Richard Jewell right now and holy cow is this movie all over the place, but boy howdy did they do a hatchet job on the woman reporter. She's a vain asshole who sleeps her way through work and her first immediate response to the bombing is to pray that the story/bomber is interesting; she is worse than reviews of the movie portrayed. There are scenes were she literally cackles. Dear lord.

Anyway, here's Wonderwall Eastwood with the empty chair:
iu

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

twitter.com

Jay Rosen on Twitter

“"...I've been talking to Fox insiders over the last few days, there's a real concern inside the network that their early downplaying of the coronavirus actually exposes Fox News to potential legal action by viewers who maybe were misled. " —@gabrielsherman https://t.co/KOsSEQvILl”

Voyager

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

twitter.com

Jay Rosen on Twitter

“"...I've been talking to Fox insiders over the last few days, there's a real concern inside the network that their early downplaying of the coronavirus actually exposes Fox News to potential legal action by viewers who maybe were misled. " —@gabrielsherman https://t.co/KOsSEQvILl”

I hope this leads to the downfall of Fox. Would be a beautiful thing.

Oct 25, 2017

twitter.com

Jay Rosen on Twitter

First off, the standard "I don't understand how Joy Reid got away with all those homophobic blog entries barely over a decade ago and then tried to pass it off as a hack".

To the point though, what's the legal argument? Carelessness? Can't they just pass the buck off to the head of this country saying similar things and saying "how were we to know?" And despite the very blurred opinion/factual line the network already dances on constantly?

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
If I get one more email from a fucking airline CEO that does not include "we will be extending your status until 2022" I will be writing President Trump and the Democratic Nominee, who could potentially be but clearly won't be Bernard Sanders.

GrapeApes

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

twitter.com

Al Jazeera News on Twitter

“Brazil's Bolsonaro tells citizens to 'confront' coronavirus 'like a man, not a boy' https://t.co/yps6SbbrOh”

"The virus is here, we're going to have to confront it. Confront it like a man, not a boy!" Bolsonaro told supporters outside his official residence on Sunday. "We're all going to die one day."

Go outside and punch the virus in it's face.

Jer

Oct 27, 2017
Encouraging businesses to entertain more at restaurants doesn't sound like a great social distancing strategy!

Deleted member 3542

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm watching Richard Jewell right now and holy cow is this movie all over the place, but boy howdy did they do a hatchet job on the woman reporter. She's a vain asshole who sleeps her way through work and her first immediate response to the bombing is to pray that the story/bomber is interesting; she is worse than reviews of the movie portrayed. There are scenes were she literally cackles. Dear lord.

Anyway, here's Wonderwall Eastwood with the empty chair:
iu

There's some great stuff in that movie, but its' amazing what they did in regards to that and defame that woman and it pretty much makes the movie trash as a result. She's a cartoon villain.

twitter.com

Jay Rosen on Twitter

They wouldn't dare go against the Masters at Fox News. Nobody will be held accountable as a result.

At best they'll cut some of the on-air people to take the blame, like they did with Trish Regan. Some other goon will get in there, though.

Arm Van Dam

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 30, 2019
Illinois

Asked if he's suggesting there's been inappropriate use of masks, Trump says, "I want the people of New York to check" Cuomo and de Blasio about the number of masks increasing so rapidly. He says "I hear stories like that all the time." He is vague.

Trump continuing to be vague and evidenceless on New York and masks: "There's something going on. I don't think it's hoarding," he says, but it's "worse than hoarding." He's saying that he has heard some bad stories from a source he doesn't name.

Arm Van Dam

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 30, 2019
Illinois

Trump, reframing the crisis, says he's now seen a study that shows 2.2 million people could've died if they did nothing, so "if we can hold that down to 100,000...maybe even less," it'd show they did a "good job."
WTF is this fuck thinking? 100,000 people dying is still fucking awful

Arm Van Dam

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 30, 2019
Illinois

Asked why he publicly threatened a quarantine for the NY NJ CT yesterday, Trump says he didn't do that, he just said he was going to look at it. "I didn't threaten it. I don't go around threatening." He questions the Bloomberg reporter's integrity.
We've seen this movie before

Arm Van Dam

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 30, 2019
Illinois

@yamiche accurately recites Trump's claim on Hannity that he doesn't believe New York needs all the ventilators Cuomo said they did. Trump, who regularly attacks her, falsely says he didn't, harangues her for being negative, inaccurate, and..."threatening"?

"Why dont you act a little more positive," Trump said to @yamiche "That's why you used to work for the Times and now you work for somebody else."

He always pissed off at Yamiche

Status
Not open for further replies.