• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
I can't believe I'm bored enough I found this while watching some gaming stream

www.businessinsider.com

Donald Trump nukes Chris Christie while attacking a New Hampshire newspaper

Trump repeatedly criticized Christie for his embrace of US President Barack Obama after Hurricane Sandy devastated New Jersey in 2012.
Among other things, Trump repeatedly criticized Christie for his embrace of US President Barack Obama after Hurricane Sandy devastated New Jersey in 2012. The photo-op rankled some Republicans at the time because it occurred right before Obama's reelection.

"When I saw it, I said, 'I think he's going to vote for Obama,'" Trump recalled, speaking in Nashua, New Hampshire.

"I don't call it a hug, I call it a hug mentally. It was like — it was unbelievable," Trump added. "He was like a little boy: 'Oh, I'm with the president.'

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
If he has Harris and Cortez-Masto in his top three, I wonder who the third person could be.

I admit I've never been sold on Abrams. If we want someone from GA, I prefer Macbeth: federal experience and a compelling personal story that aligns with Biden's position on guns.

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
If he has Harris and Cortez-Masto in his top three, I wonder who the third person could be.

I admit I've never been sold on Abrams. If we want someone from GA, I prefer Macbeth: federal experience and a compelling personal story that aligns with Biden's position on guns.
The only thing that could top the craziness of the last 4 years is Lady Macbeth in the federal government.

:P

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
Klobuchar would be the worst pick

Personal preference: Warren > Beto > Castro > Harris
Winning preference: Harris > Warren > Whitmer >Cortez > rando

fragamemnon

Nov 30, 2017
Amy and Pete, who were literally campaigning for the same white suburban and rural voters, nearly ended Biden's campaign.

If you then ask "what woman can we put on the ticket who can help us win suburban women harder and lose rural whites less", then Amy has to be in conversation. There are other ways to win the election but doing those things 100% dooms Trump every time, every scenario.

ChippyTurtle

Banned
Oct 13, 2018
You know, this stuff about Pelosi and Trump hating and fearing her, I didn't think too much of but how hes reacting to Whitmer does make a pattern.

kess

Oct 27, 2017
Biden needs someone who can take a joke, not make them.

Klobuchar being pleased with her horrible jokes and Buttigieg having none of it was simultaneously the best and worst thing about those debates.

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like Cortez-Masto fell into a hole to the center of the earth immediately after winning that seat. I literally never hear about her.

Drakeon

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like Cortez-Masto fell into a hole to the center of the earth immediately after winning that seat. I literally never hear about her.
She's one of many senators who don't really speak up often. I'd say she's very low profile.

The governor of new Mexico is probably a better choice if he wants a Latina running late. Michelle Lujan Gresham.

I wouldn't hate him picking the mayor of Atlanta either, Keisha Bottoms?

Yoma

Oct 25, 2017
I think taking Whitmer away from Michigan is a bad look. I like her, but she can still very useful as a Governor.

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

twitter.com

Lauren Gambino on Twitter

“Ayanna Pressley tests NEGATIVE for coronavirus. "As an asthmatic and as someone who had been in contact with a colleague who tested positive for COVID-19, it was determined that I fell into a high risk category."”

twitter.com

Congresswoman Ayanna Pressley on Twitter

“I am grateful for the efficient response by healthcare providers at #MGH & I'm relieved that I tested negative for #COVID19. TY for the outpouring of support for me & my family. My heart goes out to those battling the virus & the surviving family of those who have already passed...

Thank God.

Now hopefully Katie Porter pulls through.

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In case it hasn't been posted yet...

8ZFEFgF.jpg

You can tell I catch up and read this thread lol.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
This may absolutely just be my bias as a Warren supporter shining through, and feeling significantly better about the prospect of Biden being president if I know we're a heartbeat away from a Warren presidency, but I've been feeling that pick a lot more lately.

Yes, I understand the strategic angle of other candidates being more obvious, and I especially feel for those who aren't comfortable with another all-white ticket, and I honestly don't have any good counterarguments to those critiques.

I guess I just feel if the most broadly important factor in the VP pick is unifying the party, Warren is the only other presidential candidate in this primary who achieved similar name recognition to Biden or Sanders (both of whom were already established candidates, along with Bloomberg), and she had the highest approval ratings to boot.

It would also balance the ticket ideologically - Biden (or at least his modern platform) is more progressive than I think people give him credit for, but he is still very much The Moderate in this race, and right now I think the biggest gap that needs to be bridged is ideological. Warren satisfies her supporters along with the reasonable Sanders voters. The "zomg snek" stuff strikes me as a symptom of Very Online - there would absolutely be a few Bernie supporters who would still be unhappy, but the only thing that would satisfy them is Biden dropping out tomorrow and endorsing Bernie, and even then they'd still find something to gripe about.

Maybe that Fox News poll was just too strong a shot of hopium, I don't know. But also, we'd get to see Warren debate Pence. She would murder him. She would rip his face off in front of everybody. And I would live for it. Same with seeing Biden flanked by Warren and Pelosi at the next State of the Union.

Yoma

Oct 25, 2017
I am pleased to hear that Katie Porter has tested negative. She has a bright future ahead of her.

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The moment the GOP puts up a competent woman our suburban strategy probably flies out the door. Good thing we're not close to that.

I think they've tied themselves to racist nationalism too much to win that vote back anytime soon, or get a woman/poc through the primary.

We're getting President DeSantis and we better learn to deal with it :(
After his response to the coronavirus he'll be lucky to get out of Florida.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
There were a lot of polls showing the race closer than what Biden v Trump or Bernie v Trump gets.

Hillary wasn't as big of a blowout as many assumed.
Hillary was also bogged down by terrible approval ratings basically throughout all of the campaign. Her poll numbers against Trump were very soft.

Still seven months for people to sour on Biden (particularly depending on how far the Reade allegation goes), but Hillary's public image was the fruit of a smear campaign 30 years in the making, and that cake was already baked by this point in the campaign four years ago.

The only pollster worth anything that even showed Biden trailing Trump nationally thus far was USA Today, in a poll taken at the height of Burismania:

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/e...neral_election_trump_vs_biden-6247.html#polls

The others were Emerson and Rasmussen which lol.

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hispanic VP seems like a slam dunk, no?
not if its just checking a box, i feel
cortez masto seems to be surface level on immigration issues and doesnt look to have a history in attempting to improve those policies. if being latino was a sure thing then i think castro would have gotten further with the community than he did

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
CA comes to the end of the week with nearly 5,000 cases and just under 20 new deaths (now over 100 total deaths in the state).

By next week, we'll be doubling every 2 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.