• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChippyTurtle

Banned
Oct 13, 2018
A investigation needs to be launched, based on the results, every effort needs to be done to find another candidate or regroup behind one. Not Bernie, moderates have made their judgement. Notably, this is why campaigns "suspend" instead of ending it. Maybe a unity ticket.

In a just world, if the allegations are true, Biden would step down, but doubt that will happen, Obama will 100% decide how to proceed and force the party forward. I hope to god he can make the right decision if this turns true and force Biden out.

Pangloss

Oct 27, 2017
Texas
So having just come back for a week ban for metacommentary, why is metacommentary to minimize sexual assault given the same week ban

I have zero willingness to tolerate tone arguments in the face of TERFs and other transphobia. Swearing at transphobes is not only justified, it's probably a public service.
How do you know Adam is a transphobe? Is it just the Hillary avatar? If so, then your argument is pretty weak.

Tamanon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Trump again accusing the media of wanting the markets to fail because it would make him look bad. This is going well.

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
Is adam a transphobe?

Let me put it this way: people got bans for trying to talk around Sanders promoting Rogan's endorsement. Sure, fine, I can live with that, Rogan's no friend of mine and I'm with AOC that it was actually not great for the people who were already supporting him (I recall seeing some reporting a few weeks back that the Rogan thing actually made her back off active support on his campaign, though I can't recall where it is and that's immaterial).

If we can have these sorts of discussions about Sanders and Rogan then I think we seriously need to think about how we talk about and boost Clinton's image on this OT, because she's definitely been making TERF arguments in her public comeback tour. I voted for her in 2016 but I am absolutely happy never hearing from or seeing her ever again, because she's made it very clear where her ethical priorities lie.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I get what you mean. I'm honestly feeling resentful against Biden and Bernie for deciding to run.
Felt that way from the get-go. You got people with 100% name rec and it's shocking that it ended up in a 1 on 1 and it's shocking that Bernie did worse against someone less hated than Hillary. Nothing in this fucking primary was shocking. Not even Biden getting #metoo'd was shocking. Only shocking part of this was coronavirus and Bloomberg's brief stint. Fucking democracy in action.
I live in NC, so I'll have to vote Biden and the thought makes me feel gross.

Fuck. Fuck!
Just remember, you're not choosing a President. You'd get a President regardless. You're choosing which one you'd rather have.

refusi0n1

Oct 27, 2017
Wish more reporters got twitter version of Trump to reveal himself and go off about himself while a crisis is going on

Edit: now that I think about it it doesn't matter really. it doesn't change minds watching him get unhinged

Mar 18, 2020
Let me put it this way: people got bans for trying to talk around Sanders promoting Rogan's endorsement. Sure, fine, I can live with that, Rogan's no friend of mine and I'm with AOC that it was actually not great for the people who were already supporting him (I recall seeing some reporting a few weeks back that the Rogan thing actually made her back off active support on his campaign, though I can't recall where it is and that's immaterial).

If we can have these sorts of discussions about Sanders and Rogan then I think we seriously need to think about how we talk about and boost Clinton's image on this OT, because she's definitely been making TERF arguments in her public comeback tour. I voted for her in 2016 but I am absolutely happy never hearing from or seeing her ever again, because she's made it very clear where her ethical priorities lie.

Thank you for not answering my question at all.

Plutone

Oct 25, 2017
Apologies, y'all. I've been trying to keep myself distracted. What's the progress on the bill so far? Has the Senate voted on it yet or are we still stuck on Graham etc being angry that the common folk are daring to get a smidgen of assistance alongside the corporations' handouts?

Tamanon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Apologies, y'all. I've been trying to keep myself distracted. What's the progress on the bill so far? Has the Senate voted on it yet or are we still stuck on Graham etc being angry that the common folk are daring to get a smidgen of assistance alongside the corporations' handouts?

Still in the Senate, but will likely be cleared now that Trump has called for it to pass.

Oct 25, 2017
A investigation needs to be launched, based on the results, every effort needs to be done to find another candidate or regroup behind one. Not Bernie, moderates have made their judgement. Notably, this is why campaigns "suspend" instead of ending it. Maybe a unity ticket.

In a just world, if the allegations are true, Biden would step down, but doubt that will happen, Obama will 100% decide how to proceed and force the party forward. I hope to god he can make the right decision if this turns true and force Biden out.

This is where I am, largely--in the face of a credible allegation on this level the discussion should move to who Biden should be throwing his supporters to. I don't know who, but ideally Biden's campaign would know who best slots into his generic Dem spot and would hit the right markers to sustain his support. This is all insanely uncharted waters, though, and a lot of the discussion I've seen floating around just assumes that if this knocks Biden out Bernie gets coronated, which makes me nervous as hell.

The behavior is not okay. This story as relayed if found to be credible (and it sounds like it may be) should remove Biden from consideration. But after the infinite primary tarnishing everyone's view of everyone, I don't even know who slots into that spot without causing issues.

ChucklesB

Nov 4, 2017
You're just choosing policy, it's why getting excited about politicians is generally a bad idea. I mean it would be nice to be "inspired" by a candidate or whatever, but it's secondary. Albeit, that excitement gets people to the polls, but so does hate so it goes various ways there too. You vote Dem if you want the trifecta. If you don't want it, okay then.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Daniel Dale @ddale8

Asked about his tweet this evening alleging the media wants social restrictions so he'll lose, he elaborates, claiming some "people in your profession" want the economy to tank so it'll be easier to beat him. He singles out reporters in the room he claims write "fake news."​

6:20 PM - Mar 25, 2020

Eli Stokols @EliStokols

Trump finishes this off by stating that if not for him and his team "you wouldn't even have a country left." https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1242939501913276417 …

6:24 PM - Mar 25, 2020 · Washington, DC

Pangloss

Oct 27, 2017
Texas

Again, your issue is with Clinton herself. How has Adam promoted TERF philosophy? Is the mere image of Clinton some kind of consent on his part with that philosophy? Or has he advocated for that somewhere else?

GYODX

Oct 27, 2017

For the record, I agree with you. But I think the question here is whether your comments about TERFs have anything to do with what Adam said.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017

While I would never tell a trans person how to feel about it, I do think it's worth pointing out that Rogan (and Cenk) are unapologetic transphobes whereas Clinton has apologized and said that she believes that trans rights are human rights. There's a degree of separation there.

Tamanon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Who is this reporter that asked about the Kennedy Center funding and then "should we blame China and the WHO?"

Never seen him before, so I assume he's from some random conservative joint, and that's why he got two questions in a row.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
You're just choosing policy, it's why getting excited about politicians is generally a bad idea. I mean it would be nice to be "inspired" by a candidate or whatever, but it's secondary. Albeit, that excitement gets people to the polls, but so does hate so it goes various ways there too. You vote Dem if you want the trifecta. If you don't want it, okay then.
Biden was always my least favorite option among the last handful of major candidates, and there were plenty who dropped out before Iowa I preferred over him. To my mind, Biden's usefulness has always been solely as a vehicle for getting us a woman vice president, progressive judges on SCOTUS and elsewhere, and a Democratic Congress that can pass progressive legislation.

staff post

b-dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Official Staff Communication
Enough with the metacommentary, and enough with the hostility and sniping. We will be reviewing the reports and actioning members taking part in either of these things. Please get back on topic.

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Who is this reporter that asked about the Kennedy Center funding and then "should we blame China and the WHO?"

Never seen him before, so I assume he's from some random conservative joint, and that's why he got two questions in a row.

Without watching today's shitshow, that sounds like an OAN joint

ChippyTurtle

Banned
Oct 13, 2018
This is where I am, largely--in the face of a credible allegation on this level the discussion should move to who Biden should be throwing his supporters to. I don't know who, but ideally Biden's campaign would know who best slots into his generic Dem spot and would hit the right markers to sustain his support. This is all insanely uncharted waters, though, and a lot of the discussion I've seen floating around just assumes that if this knocks Biden out Bernie gets coronated, which makes me nervous as hell.

The behavior is not okay. This story as relayed if found to be credible (and it sounds like it may be) should remove Biden from consideration. But after the infinite primary tarnishing everyone's view of everyone, I don't even know who slots into that spot without causing issues.

We are running into Hillary 2.0 again, i honestly believe the only way to actually unite the party is for Obama (the figure with the most power in the party) to just come in and tell Biden to get out, if he refuses, set up the DNC to vote in another. Literally we will be engaging in the behavior 2016 the DNC was accused of, but if Biden really is a rapist, we must do it. My hope, a unity ticket with Bernie - Moderate or likely Moderate - Bernie.

Ignatz Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
Just to add on to what other posters said, this is a 28 year old accusation with no witnesses, that I'm aware of. You can't investigate it. It's her word versus his (I believe he hasn't addressed this accusation specifically?) The only thing I would say corroborates this is that Joe Biden has a public record of not respecting the personal boundaries of women, and being publicly inappropriate with them. I don't like his politics, wasn't planning on voting for him in the general election regardless, but this accusation, along with the others plus his public behavior, looks awful.

Usually, these cases are corroborated by accounts given years ago to friends of the victim.

We should take it seriously and investigate it, there are things that may come out to support (or not) the accusation.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
While I would never tell a trans person how to feel about it, I do think it's worth pointing out that Rogan (and Cenk) are unapologetic transphobes whereas Clinton has apologized and said that she believes that trans rights are human rights. There's a degree of separation there.
Not to mention Clinton's sin is just one step removed from promoting Rogan. Clinton was basically saying "we should hear out TERFs in order to change them" which is shitty as fuck, but it's not the same as actually being a terf. Promoting Rogan is amplifying a transphobe, though it's not highlighting his transphobeness so it's not quite as bad, a different degree from Hillary's deal.

Ended up voting for Bernie in the primary despite that, cause I have a gun to my head electorally and I have to be able to perceive degrees of things. I don't consider Bernie supporters or people with Bernie avatars to be TERFs or transphobes.

Last edited:

ChucklesB

Nov 4, 2017
Biden was always my least favorite option among the last handful of major candidates, and there were plenty who dropped out before Iowa I preferred over him. To my mind, Biden's usefulness has always been solely as a vehicle for getting us a woman vice president, progressive judges on SCOTUS and elsewhere, and a Democratic Congress that can pass progressive legislation.

Yeah, I mean I just care about margins so that's why I was fine with Biden. I "wanted" Warren but was aware of the potential margin shortcomings in comparison. Anyway, I don't think this will change much at all, but if it does, okay then.

Status
Not open for further replies.