• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
It's funny to me how many people on this page are suggesting, even as a joke, Klobuchar...you picked the only candidate widely accused of physical and verbal abuse lol

edit: dammit, and just as I hit the next page

aspiegamer

Oct 27, 2017
ZzzzzzZzzzZzz...

Deleted member 4346

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can I get some fuckin' uhhhhhh

Candidates who aren't white men in their 70s with sketchy sexual assault histories?

Christ, man. I will literally stump for fucking Klobuchar if it means I don't have to vote for Biden in the GE.

This is where I'm at as well. Someone like Klobuchar might not have great politics but you're better served with her than Biden getting smashed with this accusation right during the middle of the general election, when we are locked into him as the nominee.

I don't think this is the time to be bringing up the Warren/Sanders event.

What does this whataboutism add to the topic at hand and what's the similarity in degree between an alleged sexist remark and an alleged sexual assault?

Double 0

Nov 5, 2017
I'm reading the takes on this page in disbelief.

PoliEra didn't vote for Biden (not that it matters).
A sexual assault allegation isn't going to hurt Biden in the general. Denying it in any way will help him with Male voters.
The DNC isn't going to pull him as a candidate.

Wake up to the country you're in.

That's the really sad part. It probably won't matter in the general, especially due to the guy he's facing.

Though if things do change in that regards, hey, that's what Superdelegates are for. I know I'd rather have Warren or even Pete over a rapist.

Oct 25, 2017
It's funny to me how many people on this page are suggesting, even as a joke, Klobuchar...you picked the only candidate widely accused of physical and verbal abuse lol

Rapists are bad, but railroading black folks legally is something that we can get past, apparently.

Warren is basically the only major candidate who seemed like an actual good person, racial blind spots aside.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017

Senator Mitt Romney @SenatorRomney

We can't afford to wait any longer to send relief to those who need it. The Senate's #COVID19 relief package supports workers, families, and businesses across the country. The Senate and House should pass this bill now and get it to the President's desk. https://www.romney.senate.gov/romney-calls-urgent-passage-relief-package …

4:35 PM - Mar 25, 2020

Pretty much everyone wants to get this passed now but 3 dumbfucks

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
At this point let the DNC put forward Klobuchar, even. I don't agree with her ideologically but perhaps there's a compromise ticket that can be agreed upon (which doesn't involve putting forth an alleged rapist as the nominee).

I think there's a larger point here too, which is that we could largely avoid this by nominating women and/or younger candidates. Not that woman can't be abusers but it's far less likely than with a 78 year old white man who spent decades in the United States Senate during the worst of its "boy's club" years.
What does this even mean? The DNC should "put forward" a candidate? Is this what you think the DNC does?

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
twitter.com

Felicia Sonmez on Twitter

“This explanation from Sen. Cramer doesn't pass the smell test. Even after typing the word "retarded" with one letter wrong a half-dozen times, my phone never auto-corrects to "retarded." https://t.co/imvJuKH1yx”

Ac30

Oct 30, 2017
London
The fawning praise of Putin, full of Russian propaganda, is disgusting. TimesUP needs come clear on somethings as well. I would like to see more outlets then the Intercept or pro Bernie wishful thinkers shed some light on this.

Yeah she's a little on the strange opinion side but that shouldn't matter. if there's a story there major news orgs like WaPo and NYT will be lining up to investigate and report.

We'll see.

Oct 25, 2017
I'll vote for Biden in the general, and I might even like the policies that he enacts while in office, but I will never like him as a person. Fucking hell...

Oct 25, 2017
Reality of the situation.

Biden isn't dropping unless there are many more allegations to come. The DNC can't just pull him and nominate someone else. It mostly won't matter to voters.

It sucks but if you're a white man you're offered many privileges. Hillary gets more shit for her husbands misdeeds than he does.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
User Banned (1 month): hostility, inflammatory accusations
As, I said, I think she should be believed. All victims should. I just believe we need more information.

If you were serious about any of this you wouldn't have a Hilary avatar. She has a history of silencing victims of assault and supporting her rapist husband. You're literally downplaying/denying her history whilst clearly bullshitting about how you think all women should be believed because looking like you have morals is more important than having morals.

I'm in no way downplaying the trauma you went through but you don't care about other victims. You're parading around an avatar celebrating a slave using terf to own Bernie bros. That's what you actually care about.

Auto with the most rational take as usual.

No it's not. Nobody would have argued this with Christine Blasey Ford and nobody thinks Kavanagh was innocent after the hearing/investigation. Everybody here understands how difficulty allegations of sexual assault are to prove and what what "believe all women" means. It was already concerning enough that people who support Joe already like to pretend Anita Hill doesn't exist but this is on another level. He has a history of defending sexual predators and inappropriately touching women/children; it's not as this is some shocking revelation that came out of nowhere.

Stop politicising how you perceive sexual assault based on your party.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
....believing victims literally means we investigate every allegation based on the belief it is true.
I mean

The reality of the situation is likely going to be that it's just her word against his. So if they do an investigation and that happens, all it's going to do is strengthen Biden. I'm not saying there shouldn't be an investigation but I'm not sure how this changes anyone's opinion in here, if that ends up being the case.

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
User Banned (1 week): concern trolling
People using this story as an attempt to validate the thing they weren't already going to do is kinda gross.

refusi0n1

Oct 27, 2017
Isn't Trump a rapist too? So if you're not voting you're voting for one regardless no?
Edit: just to make clear I'm not saying any of this shit is copacetic

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Isn't Trump a rapist too? So if you're not voting you're voting for one regardless no?
I mean ignoring the 20+ women or whoever said Trump raped them and obviously the billion other awful things we will endure in him winning reelection, didnt you know, Biden is Satan? The convention is gonna get interesting if there is actual power to change candidates, but he is the certain one mathematically right now.

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
I mean

The reality of the situation is likely going to be that it's just her word against his. So if they do an investigation and that happens, all it's going to do is strengthen Biden. I'm not saying there shouldn't be an investigation but I'm not sure how this changes anyone's opinion in here, if that ends up being the case.
You can still investigate they said/they said situations. It's done all the time. Again, this shouldn't be about strengthening or weakening Biden. It should be about figuring out exactly what happened. If that means it hurts Biden? So be it. If that means it strengthens Biden? So be it. That's an irrelevant consideration. They can interview folks, find out if she divulged this to anyone contemporaneously, was there anyone else in Biden's office who was aware of this? Etc. This happens all the time when allegations are made. This is how it should work. At the end of it all, it might end up being a they said/they said thing, but both she and Biden are entitled to a full investigation.
If you were serious about any of this you wouldn't have a Hilary avatar. She has a history of silencing victims of assault and supporting her rapist husband. You're literally downplaying/denying her history whilst clearly bullshitting about how you think all women should be believed because looking like you have morals is more important than having morals.

I'm in no way downplaying the trauma you went through but you don't care about other victims. You're parading around an avatar celebrating a slave using terf to own Bernie bros. That's what you actually care about.
You know, I try very hard to disagree with folks without being disagreeable. But this kind of shit gets leveled against me all the time, is in clear violation of the site's policies and nothing seems to happen about it.

Saying "I don't care" about other victims is disgusting. Saying I have no morals is disgusting.

And I don't bother owning "Bernie Bros" reality does that to them automatically.

Valkrai

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit, I thought it was embarrassing how people were defending Biden but trying to downplay it, question the victim's motives and drag someone that isn't even going to win the nom for it. The audio too from the interview is disturbing too but hey, vote blue no matter who right?

People using this story as an attempt to validate the thing they weren't already going to do is kinda gross.

This post irritates me because I was going to stomach a Biden vote considering how dogshit Trump and the Repubs are but turns out there's a rapist on the dem side too. It's convenient too that its easy to downplay victims if they don't fall within your policies right?

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
I mean

Sad but true. I can hear the people questioning the timing already. Biden running is a very good shield against being held accountable.

aspiegamer

Oct 27, 2017
ZzzzzzZzzzZzz...
CNN had a blurb, citing aides that say Trump's starting speaking aloud to himself, wondering when things will get back to normal. Bro, this has still barely started. Keep Fauci on speed dial at all times or something.

Looking forward to today's shitshow briefing!

Status
Not open for further replies.