• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fragamemnon

Nov 30, 2017
that Biden sexual assault story reeeeeeally turns me off from the guy. I'm still gonna vote for him obviously because the alternative is exponentially worse, but i dunno how you guys can still be enthused for Biden whatsoever after that

I want more information. The Intercept might as well be RT/Sputnik and is dog shit.

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
We enter the clusterfuck phase
Nah, we were always in that phase.

Most of us aren't excited about him, we're just making the best of a less than ideal situation (to say the least).
This is the worse end of stuff we were expecting a year ago.

Oliver Willis @owillis

Objecting to a provision in the Senate coronavirus bill providing unemployment benefits for people in financial trouble, Sen. Lindsey Graham says nurses are "going to make $24 an hour on unemployment" which he claims would incentivize "taking people out of the workforce."

3:20 PM - Mar 25, 2020

GOP think people are terrible because GOP are terrible people.

Vector

Feb 28, 2018
Biden is an absolute garbage PoS and it's insane that the Democratic Party just lined up behind him like that. We're supposed to be the decent guys!!!

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
Are...are nurses not making $24/hour already?

He's arguing that if we make people financially comfortable during our work furloughs and shutdowns, we won't be clawing at each other's throats to reopen everything as soon as possible even if the danger persists.

The GOP wants to starve out the American workforce rather than bailout everyday workers for a few months. Remember the shutdown last year? Christ that seems like a lifetime ago.

NihonTiger

Oct 25, 2017
I realize why Polis hasn't called for a statewide stay at home. The same idiots as ever will refuse to enforce it -- El Paso, Weld, Morgan counties. Hell, the Republican state reps from Douglas County are asking the county commissioners to abandon the health district they are in as well as the stay at home order already.

This is what the president is causing with his words and actions.

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017
On one hand it's technically not, on the other hand I doubt it happens. And we're screwed no matter what happens from this. Biden continues? Metoo possibly tanks him like a lot of us were worried about. Biden gets replaced by DNC? People that voted for Biden are going to be discouraged from turning out. Bernie wins by default? That's one way to piss a huge section of the electorate that very specifically wasn't voting for him off.
the people who voted for Biden literally changed their minds over night. They aren't attached to him and I doubt they give a shit

Clowns

Oct 25, 2017
I've been telling you all for years.

Just nominate women.

I hold Poliera personally responsible for this.

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
I realize why Polis hasn't called for a statewide stay at home. The same idiots as ever will refuse to enforce it -- El Paso, Weld, Morgan counties. Hell, the Republican state reps from Douglas County are asking the county commissioners to abandon the health district they are in as well as the stay at home order already.

This is what the president is causing with his words and actions.
Can the National Guard be utilized in that kind of situation though?

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
what was his response?
https://www.theunion.com/news/nevad...d-her-while-working-in-his-u-s-senate-office/
Biden in a Wednesday tweet said he understands social norms are changing.

"And I've heard what these women are saying," Biden's tweet states. "Politics to me has always been about making connections, but I will be more mindful about respecting personal space in the future. That's my responsibility and I will meet it."

Last year when she just accused him of inappropriate touching/violating personal space, he gave this apology.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Biden is an absolute garbage PoS and it's insane that the Democratic Party just lined up behind him like that. We're supposed to be the decent guys!!!
There's layers of this that basically adds up to the fact that democracy is trash, FPTP is trash, the electoral college is trash, and people in power are generally trash, and I personally assume they're trash from the get-go so I'm not surprised when they're revealed to be more trash than the surface shows.
the people who voted for Biden literally changed their minds over night. They aren't attached to him and I doubt they give a shit
They'll give a shit when it seems like their votes are being overriden. People are dumbasses.

Oct 25, 2017
what was his response?
Back in April:
www.theunion.com

Nevada County woman says Joe Biden inappropriately touched her while working in his U.S. Senate office

A Nevada County woman has added her voice to a recent spate of allegations that former vice president and possible presidential candidate Joe Biden touched her when she worked in

"He used to put his hand on my shoulder and run his finger up my neck," Reade said. "I would just kind of freeze and wait for him to stop doing that."
Biden in a Wednesday tweet said he understands social norms are changing.

"And I've heard what these women are saying," Biden's tweet states. "Politics to me has always been about making connections, but I will be more mindful about respecting personal space in the future. That's my responsibility and I will meet it."

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
All victims of sexual assault should be believed and listened to.

I would say, though, her tweeting her story out with #BernieIsOurFDR is....maybe not wise.

Vector

Feb 28, 2018
There's layers of this that basically adds up to the fact that democracy is trash, FPTP is trash, the electoral college is trash, and people in power are generally trash, and I personally assume they're trash from the get-go so I'm not surprised when they're revealed to be more trash than the surface shows.

They'll give a shit when it seems like their votes are being overriden. People are dumbasses.
And the incredibly sad part is that you have to vote for the less trash person because the other greater trash person will continue to hurt minorities and you're inadvertently helping perpetuate the cycle of trash people getting in and out of office.

Oct 26, 2017
Trump is going to have a tantrum at Graham for messing up the 2-day market rally. 30 minutes ago the Dow literally was at +1,200 but as soon as word got out that Graham and cohorts wanted to stall the bill because poor people will benefiting too much, the market started drop like a rock and ended at +495 far away from the daily high.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
And the incredibly sad part is that you have to vote for the less trash person because the other greater trash person will continue to hurt minorities and you're inadvertently helping perpetuate the cycle of trash people getting in and out of office.
The cycle would perpetuate with or without my vote. I don't get to choose whether not we get a President, I get to vote for the one that will fuck over less people, or might even have a net positive effect despite themselves. FPTP is trash.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017
I too probably would have supported the candidate who didn't assault me over the one that did. I know that's probably a weird position to have

Plinko

Oct 28, 2017
User Banned (3 Months): Dismissing allegations of sexual assault; prior severe infraction
Using the hashtag #BernieisourFDR at this point takes away almost all credibility.

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
And to be very, very, very clear:

I am not saying she is doing this as some type of hit on Biden. Not at all. She said it happened. We should believe her. Just that if she doesn't want it to appear that way, perhaps it would be best to not attach a tag supporting Biden's rival in the primary. (I assume rival? The thing is over, but I have no idea what else to call him at this point.)

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Trump is going to have a tantrum at Graham for messing up the 2-day market rally. 30 minutes ago the Dow literally was at +1,200 but as soon as word got out that Graham and cohorts wanted to stall the bill because poor people will benefiting too much, the market started drop like a rock and ended at +495 far away from the daily high.
All for grandstanding bullshit,they want to keep the same playbook during a pandemic.

Vixdean

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Bernie has been such shit this cycle, he's retroactively rendered his entire movement irrelevant. The embarrassing turnout from his base proved that they don't matter, at all, and shouldn't be catered to. It was like the Spider-Man 3 of campaigns.

Last edited:

Vector

Feb 28, 2018
Using the hashtag #BernieisourFDR at this point takes away almost all credibility.
Saying maybe she shouldn't make her support of Bernie so outwardly evident because it exposes her to bad faith attacks on her credibility as a sexual assault survivor is one thing.

But making those attacks yourself? Get out of here.

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
Also, one other thing, if for whatever reason the nominee is not Biden, there is no universe in which the DNC will hand this to Bernie. Literally zero. He is no more entitled to Biden's delegates than Warren, Harris, Buttibutt or anyone else.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Also, one other thing, if for whatever reason the nominee is not Biden, there is no universe in which the DNC will hand this to Bernie. Literally zero. He is no more entitled to Biden's delegates than Warren, Harris, Buttibutt or anyone else.
I want Bernie, but I don't give a shit if it's not him. I'm not voting for a god damn rapist.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Dan Zak @MrDanZak

There are many scared and sick people out there, but the president says they are not "real." https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1242905328209080331 …

4:13 PM - Mar 25, 2020

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

The LameStream Media is the dominant force in trying to get me to keep our Country closed as long as possible in the hope that it will be detrimental to my election success. The real people want to get back to work ASAP. We will be stronger than ever before!​

4:04 PM - Mar 25, 2020

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
I want Bernie, but I don't give a shit if it's not him. I'm not voting for a god damn rapist.
I mean, I get where you're coming from. I think, though, that we need more information. While I have no reason whatsoever to disbelieve her, she did say earlier in the year that it was never sexual outside the hair thing. Obviously she may have been trying to protect herself and didn't want to come forward sooner. That's an unfortunate reality many victims of sexual violence face. I think we need more information.

At the end of the day, we live in a binary reality. It's either going to be Trump or Biden. That's the reality of the situation. Biden is preferable in every single solitary way to Trump. So, while I respect your right to hold that view point, I can't join you there.

We could have just nominated Warren and been done with this whole thing, but Americans hate women. So here we are.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis

Dan Zak @MrDanZak

There are many scared and sick people out there, but the president says they are not "real." https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1242905328209080331 …

The LameStream Media is the dominant force in trying to get me to keep our Country closed as long as possible in the hope that it will be detrimental to my election success. The real people want to get back to work ASAP. We will be stronger than ever before!

i fucking hate him

i fucking hate him so fucking much

Sain

Nov 13, 2017
I mean, I get where you're coming from. I think, though, that we need more information. While I have no reason whatsoever to disbelieve her, she did say earlier in the year that it was never sexual outside the hair thing. Obviously she may have been trying to protect herself and didn't want to come forward sooner. That's an unfortunate reality many victims of sexual violence face. I think we need more information.

At the end of the day, we live in a binary reality. It's either going to be Trump or Biden. That's the reality of the situation. Biden is preferable in every single solitary way to Trump. So, while I respect your right to hold that view point, I can't join you there.

We could have just nominated Warren and been done with this whole thing, but Americans hate women. So here we are.

That is pretty much how I'm feeling about the whole thing. Backtracking on her previous claims and then the #BernieIsOurFDR usage in this updated claim seems a little sketchy. I need more info to pass judgement either way, but there are no witnesses nor any other claims of his behavior going to the extent that she is now saying so... Yeah, just not sure, and am still fully supporting Biden unless more information comes to light that would make me reconsider.

Arm Van Dam

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 30, 2019
Illinois

Dan Zak @MrDanZak

The LameStream Media is the dominant force in trying to get me to keep our Country closed as long as possible in the hope that it will be detrimental to my election success. The real people want to get back to work ASAP. We will be stronger than ever before!

"LameStream", what is this, 2008?

Status
Not open for further replies.