• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
Yeah, 100% match up to 52K w/ UI I believe, which is really good.

UI weekly rate varies by state. Some are as low as $235, some are as high as $823. The bill adds $600 onto the max weekly rate.

Overall it should even out with cost of living, but some states like Florida ($275) get hosed because red state legislators slashed unemployment.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017

Matt Viser @mviser

"Why doesn't he just act like a president?" Joe Biden says. "That's a stupid way to say it I guess…Sorry."

Pause, as Nicole Wallace says to proceed.

Biden stops himself. "Best I don't," he says.

4:17 PM - Mar 24, 2020

Matt Viser @mviser

"I just can't figure the guy," Joe Biden says of Donald Trump. "It's like watching a yo-yo."

4:20 PM - Mar 24, 2020

He's easy to figure out when you realize he's a concentrated mass of personality disorders crammed into a skin suit.

Oct 25, 2017
It's starting to feel like DSA has better Latino recruitment than the Dem party does. Barely any center left spanish speaking folks in power anywhere which is why we keep seeing the Castro brothers come out every 2 years.
Bernie's NV numbers show that, the difference is cracking Caribbean Latinos in FL. "Too red" seems like a big problem among Cuban ex-pats

b-dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
So no cash assistance at all? I thought the House bill at least a one time payment to everyone?
It has a cash payment, just a one-time one.

Bernie's NV numbers show that, the difference is cracking Caribbean Latinos in FL. "Too red" seems like a big problem among Cuban ex-pats
It's the same issue as Eastern European immigrants during and directly after the Cold War: they lived under dictatorships so they aren't going to trust anything that even resembles what they lived under for fear of it coming here.

The only fix is time, I think.

Oct 25, 2017
I know but thats exactly why there should be establishment Dems who can speak to those groups even. They don't have to be remotely Demsoc but it seems like a failure that Latino recruitment has mostly sucked for Dems in the last 20 years.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's starting to feel like DSA has better Latino recruitment than the Dem party does. Barely any center left spanish speaking folks in power anywhere which is why we keep seeing the Castro brothers come out every 2 years.
Latinos are underrepresented in electoral politics in general relative to their population numbers. They vote Dem/GOP 65/35, yet black voters are 27% of the primary electorate while they're 7-8%. Part of this is the relatively young age profile, part of this is that immigrants generally take generations to get their families participating in US political structures. It's a multifaceted problem without simple solutions.

Arm Van Dam

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 30, 2019
Illinois

Source close to Coronavirus task force said scenario that needs to be considered is possibility that US could be reopened too quickly only to be shut down again. That scenario could occur if illnesses spike during reopening. "That certainly would complicate things," source said.

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
We're not even at peak. Of course cases are going to spike, especially if you do something stupid like relax restrictions.

We're still seeing exponential growth in most states. Even if we stay the course, we're still weeks away from the worst of it.

Stay safe out there, guys.

Mulberry

Oct 28, 2017
Trump has no real power to open anything, he can just say everyone should. Republican governors will rescind guidelines, and Republican legislatures will call for Democratic governors to do the same. It will get more people sick and then states will take the blame.

KidAAlbum

Nov 18, 2017
The fuck is wrong with these people
Think the initial Romney check had a certain amount of credit that people latched onto Trump. Think this will reverse in the coming month given that Trump and GOP are opting to sacrifice the elderly.

I'm not too worried about it despite them being wrong.

Because he's forcing shit like this.

I'm just treating it as a waste of time or a chance for him trying to pull Biden a little more left. Not a big deal to me. It's Biden vs Trump and I think the country recognizes it apart from the formalities (debate, and some more voting).

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
Trump has no real power to open anything, he can just say everyone should. Republican governors will rescind guidelines, and Republican legislatures will call for Democratic governors to do the same. It will get more people sick and then states will take the blame.
A lot of people are going to die.

This is not going to have the result he's imagining.

Who cares really? Everyone is already treating it as Biden vs Trump. That will still be 5-6 months to get behind Biden. This is just a non-factor at this point.
I'm so happy we can finally agree that Bernie is a non-factor.

Thank you for admitting it. It's appreciated.

IggyChooChoo

Oct 25, 2017
We'll see how Trump reacts to the numbers once it starts rampaging through prison and detention facilities.

A comment that illegals shouldn't count toward the stats would not be surprising.
The report that Harvey Weinstein got it is disturbing, because it means it's already likely totally out of control in the prison system, which is terribly equipped to deal with wide scale health problems.

KidAAlbum

Nov 18, 2017
I'm so happy we can finally agree that Bernie is a non-factor.

Thank you for admitting it. It's appreciated.
It's just reality so I've already moved past the primary. At this point I'm just focusing my attention on corona related matters. I think the entire country is. I mean, yeah I would rather not waste my time thinking about the primary anymore which is what the debate would do or Bernie staying in the race would do. But even with him still in, most of us have moved on and aren't wasting any concern over it.

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The report that Harvey Weinstein got it is disturbing, because it means it's already likely totally out of control in the prison system, which is terribly equipped to deal with wide scale health problems.

Van Jones, for all his faults, gave a great interview on CNN earlier about tackling the prison problem as it relates to COVID (though really, in general) -- stop throwing people into prison for BS like minor parole violations and get people out of prison who don't need to be there. Prisoners can't partake in social distancing for obvious reasons

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Trump Urges Loosening CDC Restrictions To Let Coronavirus Get To Work

WASHINGTON—Calling for an end to precautions such as social distancing and shelter-in-place mandates, President Donald Trump urged the loosening of CDC restrictions Tuesday to let Covid-19 get to work. "The economy is hurting—we must send the coronavirus back into our office buildings, schools, and factories," said Trump, explaining that the nation cannot risk the possibility of the number of new cases and deaths crashing. "We need those numbers up! This is America, and work is important here. Without work, the virus has no purpose. Right now, there are millions of virus particles just sitting around and doing nothing. The coronavirus wants to work, so we're going to put it back to work as soon as possible." At press time, the Dow had skyrocketed as the coronavirus returned in full strength back into the American workforce.

politics.theonion.com

Trump Urges Loosening CDC Restrictions To Let Coronavirus Get To Work

WASHINGTON—Calling for an end to precautions such as social distancing and shelter-in-place mandates, President Donald Trump urged the loosening of CDC restrictions Tuesday to let Covid-19 get to work. “The economy is hurting—we must send the coronavirus back into our office buildings, schools...

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
It's just reality so I've already moved past the primary. At this point I'm just focusing my attention on corona related matters. I think the entire country is.
The entire country except for one Bernie Sanders who couldn't be assed to show up to vote and is forcing us to engage in this pointless exercise.

Hopefully the DNC steps in and stops this bullshit from continuing. It's dangerous to Biden, Bernie and anyone else involved.

kess

Oct 27, 2017
As always, Trump wants to have his cake and eat it, too. Stimulus on top of everybody going back to work, bestest economy ever!

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017

They managed to get Mucarsel-Powell for FL-26 who I think does a great job of still being relatively left leaning while managing a district with lots of Cubans.

More candidates like her are needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.