• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
Thousands of people are going to have to die for his approval rating to nose dive, huh?

Impeachment didn't do it, stock market crash didn't do it, the embarrassing handling of this pandemic didn't do it. I guess only thousands of parents and grandparents dying as a result of his inaction is the last thing left.

Sain

Nov 13, 2017
Thought Biden presented pretty well with Tapper a few minutes ago. What I wouldn't give to have him in charge right now instead of our Orange Menace.

Oct 27, 2017
I know we joke about Shalala, but she's actually the perfect example of FL Dems trying to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

That district is 71% Latino. The nominee 100% should have been a Latino proficient in Spanish. Instead, they settled on Shalala who barely won the primary and then got a mediocre 6% victory in an open primary in a district Hillary won by 20 points.

You're not wrong, but she was UM President which carries a lot of cache in S Floriduh

Oct 25, 2017
Thousands of people are going to have to die for his approval rating to nose dive, huh?

Impeachment didn't do it, stock market crash didn't do it, the embarrassing handling of this pandemic didn't do it. I guess only thousands of parents and grandparents dying as a result of his inaction is the last thing left.

This is the last stand for a lot of sexists and racists, so don't ever expect his numbers to plummet in any significant way.

A Trump loss in 2020 represents a fate worse than death for a whole lot of people in this country. Just accept that at least two-fifths of the country will always approve of Trump for that reason and go from there.

PatMan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can anyone explain the bill situation? Did Nancy pass her bill through the house? And Chuck apparently has his own? When do we expect the Senate to vote on any bill?

Valdfellgar

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts
This is the last stand for a lot of sexists and racists, so don't ever expect his numbers to plummet in any significant way.

A Trump loss in 2020 represents a fate worse than death for a whole lot of people in this country. Just accept that at least two-fifths of the country will always approve of Trump for that reason and go from there.

Yep. None of them will want to admit that they voted for a man who's been in the buff this whole time.

Oct 25, 2017
Can anyone explain the bill situation? Did Nancy pass her bill through the house? And Chuck apparently has his own? When do we expect the Senate to vote on any bill?

The House bill hasn't been voted on.

The Senate bill is still being negotiated.

I would assume that if the Senate bill passes, the House will abandon a vote on their bill rather than passing it and going to reconciliation negotiations because of time pressures, but who knows?

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
also remember it was Florida Dems who created that awful ballot that might have inadvertently depressed votes for Nelson.

Casa

Oct 25, 2017

True. I just think his rising poll numbers further embolden him to continue his behavior. When he says and does all this abhorrent shit and is rewarded with rising poll numbers he will obviously think what he's doing is great. That's what annoys me about this whole polling situation.

Probably wishful thinking, but if he ever saw a dramatic plunge in his numbers (as he would if this wasn't bizzaro world) maybe he'd change his ways a bit and stop being such a fucking moron.

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The House bill hasn't been voted on.

The Senate bill is still being negotiated.

I would assume that if the Senate bill passes, the House will abandon a vote on their bill rather than passing it and going to reconciliation negotiations because of time pressures, but who knows?

That's the impression I got from Pelosi's interview a few hours ago. They are negotiating with the Senate so I would expect the House bill to never see a vote

Which sucks, because the Senate bill sucks, and any improvements will be window-dressing but such is life

I take it the Senate bill being negotiated doesn't include the 10k loan forgiveness :(

Nobody has read it, but there is zero chance it will include that

Schumer staked his position pretty early that his price was UI improvements, and that is what he is getting

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Yep, the florida democratic party is miserably bad.
Remember when Bill Nelson just straight up refused to campaign for the Latino vote despite it being a big weakness for him in 2012 and the rest of the party telling him he needed to do it and then he lost to fucking Voldemort? Good times

Oct 25, 2017
True. I just think his rising poll numbers further embolden him to continue his behavior. When he says and does all this abhorrent shit and is rewarded with rising poll numbers he will obviously think what he's doing is great. That's what annoys me about this whole polling situation.

Probably wishful thinking, but if he ever saw a dramatic plunge in his numbers (as he would if this wasn't bizzaro world) maybe he'd change his ways a bit and stop being such a fucking moron.

I think Trump is incapable of change for any long-term period, so it wouldn't matter. He will do bad things and feel emboldened if he likes his poll numbers; he will do bad things and attack The Other if he hates his poll numbers. Either way, he'll do bad things because that's all he can do.

This is a guy who stopped testing from happening because he didn't see that doing the right thing and letting the CDC do work would be the perfect "look, Trump can lead in a crisis" moment that would have boosted his numbers. Even when the right thing is also the self-serving thing, he can't do it. He will always do the bad thing no matter what, and nothing about his poll numbers will change that.

Is Schumer about to fuck us again

This seems like a leap at this point. AOC is just make sure it's still foot-on-neck season for anyone trying to push through a bunch of corporate buyouts.

I take it the Senate bill being negotiated doesn't include the 10k loan forgiveness :(

We have to wait for the text of the bill.

Personally, I thought it never had a chance, but who the fuck knows what the end product will look like right now.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
Republicans standard MO is to fall in line for the sake of preserving their authoritarian hierarchy, but natural disasters always expose the lie in their narratives. When a hurricane hits, "destroy the government" conservatives are the first in line demanding help from the feds.

The existential threat a pandemic represents, well, it is one of the few things that can force republican leaders to turn on whoever is their current Dear Leader. The governors naturally must be the first to turn because they're on the front lines.

The literally evil fucks in the Senate, like McConnell, will hold out until the last nanosecond because the grift is everything.
McConnell also lives in a little bubble where the world doesn't exist outside the Capitol Building.

shadow_shogun

Oct 25, 2017
@Haleaziz
BREAKING: An immigrant being held at a jail in New Jersey has become the first Immigration and Customs Enforcement detainee to test positive for the coronavirus in the US, an agency official confirmed.https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/hamedaleaziz/immigrant-ice-detention-facility-coronavirus-test …

SpitztheGreat

May 16, 2019
The fuck is wrong with these people
People desperately want to rally, this should not be a surprise. They want badly to have someone in charge that is going to make it better. A normal President would have glowing approval ratings. The fact that Trump barely shows any bump is a testament to how ingrained feelings are towards him.

Also, keep in mind that most people are not as glued in as we are. Most people right now are just trying to stay alive, OR they've completely tuned things out while they get their shit together.

These numbers don't worry me at all.

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
We'll see how Trump reacts to the numbers once it starts rampaging through prison and detention facilities.

A comment that illegals shouldn't count toward the stats would not be surprising.

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
BTW, any bets on the fuckery for 2021? My money is on "close call with asteroid". Seems like a disaster movie genre we haven't touched yet.

Tankette

Oct 30, 2017

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
So we see a 2000 point bump in the market simply on the hope that a deal is very close. Will the DOW shoot up near where it was before when the deal actually goes through? I don't know this stuff.

Zona

Oct 27, 2017

Someone check the temperature in hell. No wait, I have a thermometer right next to me.

Why, this is hell, nor am I out of it.
Think'st thou that I, who saw the Obama Presidency,
And tasted the eternal joys of a D trifecta,
Am not tormented with ten thousand hells
in being deprived of competent leadership?

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
Our oldest son asked us if he was one of the people who was going to have to die so people could get their jobs back, since he has MS.

That was a fun conversation.

shadow_shogun

Oct 25, 2017
@NBCPolitics
Sen. Romney: "Thankfully I've tested negative for COVID-19. Nevertheless, guidance from my physician, consistent with the CDC guidelines, requires me to remain in quarantine as the test does not rule out the onset of symptoms during the 14-day period."
16:17 - 24 Mar 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.