• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 26, 2017
#FreeFauci

No corporate slush fund in this bill

I wouldn't go that far.

There still is a corporate slush fund, but there's supposedly some oversight to it. Personally I'd like to hear the details of this oversight before I consider the issue done and dusted.

If the disclosures are immediate and available to the public, then that could be considered real oversight. But if there is still a 2-3 month delay for the disclosures and it only gets reported to a finance committee, then the "oversight" is basically taking place in smoke-filled backroom where corporations can easily pick off individual committee members.

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Doom Eternal fits my mood.

What a shit show today was. And it'll only get worse as this festering idiot shitsteps into everything and anything.

fragamemnon

Nov 30, 2017
Honestly even my neoliberal shill self won't feel good about a bailout fund unless Warren is at least onboard with reservations. She gets what regulatory capture does to markets and government both better than any politician in recent memory.

Oct 27, 2017
I wish that Trump's final meltdown wasn't during a haphazardly reaction to a deadly pandemic, but I suppose we all knew that his final unravelling would be due to a crisis he couldn't BS or bully his way through.

Alpheus

Oct 25, 2017
Doom Eternal fits my mood.

What a shit show today was. And it'll only get worse as this festering idiot shitsteps into everything and anything.
What a mood board that both Doom and AC:NH came out at the same time during this.

I wish that Trump's final meltdown wasn't during a haphazardly reaction to a deadly pandemic, but I suppose we all knew that his final unravelling would be due to a crisis he couldn't BS or bully his way through.
Brought to mind the song The Final Countdown

Oct 27, 2017
What a mood board that both Doom and AC:NH came out at the same time during this.

Brought to mind the song The Final Countdown

My personal soundtrack to the Trump years has been Mad World

All around me are familiar faces
Worn out places, worn out faces
Bright and early for their daily races
Going nowhere, going nowhere
Their tears are filling up their glasses
No expression, no expression
Hide my head, I want to drown my sorrow
No tomorrow, no tomorrow

GrapeApes

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

twitter.com

Bobby Lewis on Twitter

“Fox's Stuart Varney says there's "two sides" to the coronavirus pandemic response, and "the investors, they're taking the president's side" instead of medical experts. https://t.co/bjljPcOlZo”

We're in hell

KimonoNoNo

Oct 26, 2017
Mine is Del Amitri's Nothing Ever Happens.

Verse
And bill holdings advertise products that nobody needs
While angry from Manchester writes to complain about
All the repeats on T.V.
And computer terminals report some gains
On the values of copper and tin
While American businessmen snap up Van Goghs
For the price of a hospital wing

And Chorus
And nothing ever happens, nothing happens at all
They'll burn down the synagogues at six o'clock
And we'll all go along like before
And we'll all be lonely tonight and lonely tomorrow

Last edited:

Plinko

Oct 28, 2017

twitter.com

Bobby Lewis on Twitter

“Fox's Stuart Varney says there's "two sides" to the coronavirus pandemic response, and "the investors, they're taking the president's side" instead of medical experts. https://t.co/bjljPcOlZo”

We're in hell

The market is going to love it when Trump orders people back to work and the governors of New York, California, and Illinois tell him to screw himself.

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
EVERYONE GO BACK TO WORK! *all actual economic producers stay locked down*

no worries, Florida is up and running

if i get corona i get corona

Deleted member 31104

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017

twitter.com

Bobby Lewis on Twitter

We're in hell

It's weird it's old white folks who are essentially the Fox audience, and they're shitting themselves over this. Of course I've no doubt they'll be able handle the mental acrobatics to both think Trump is callously condeming them to die sooner, and to still support him if they live because they're still here to own the libs.

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
#DemocratsHateAmerica is trending.

Too much stupidity today.

Fox News Townhall!

I know presidents age rapidly due to the stress, but I feel like we have as a result of Trump's daily stupidity.
Twitter is 17 people and 80 billion bots. I used to get worried about trends but now I realize it's really just an echo chamber.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis

Morning Consult has Biden up 47-42 over Trump nationally.

Hope that helps everyone simmer down a bit, though I'll be very interested to see what Monmouth says too.

Rampage

Oct 27, 2017
Metro Detriot
Not to argue in bad faith, but it is questionable to add riders to a bill that is addressing an emergency. I like NASA as much as anyone else on the internet, but why is it included in this bill?

NASA would have access to technology and scientist that could be highly useful fighting the virus, and making equipment.

IRS is necessary to do all the paperwork involved in processing checks, calculate families, etc.

Oct 27, 2017
Gov. Raimondo (RI) this morning saying she wants to balance health needs with not shutting down the economy. Also is upset that "everyone" crafting the Senate bill wants their own favorite thing to be put in the bill.

What is she seeing that everyone else isn't?

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gov. Raimondo (RI) this morning saying she wants to balance health needs with not shutting down the economy. Also is upset that "everyone" crafting the Senate bill wants their own favorite thing to be put in the bill.

What is she seeing that everyone else isn't?
This has been the GOP spin line being pushed for a day or two now, that the real problem is Dem demands.

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017

Tamara Keith @tamarakeithNPR

FEMA director Peter Gaynor on CNN this morning said they will be using DPA today to direct 60K coronavirus test kits "We're going to use it. We're going to use it when we need it and we're going to use it today." https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1242421041193988096 …

8:56 AM - Mar 24, 2020

That is both a weird number and weird timing. Is this them just pretending to use it to shut everyone up?

Oct 25, 2017
Well, my pregnant sister in law most likely has Covid. She's been flu tested for both A, B, and RSV and is negative on all - but has all the symptoms. She's a labor and delivery nurse. This shit sucks.

Yoma

Oct 25, 2017
If Trump wasn't so ego driven, he'll just let Fauci do most of the talking and shut his trap about chloroquine. Listen to the medical experts and infact, get out the way.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017

Josh Hawley @HawleyMO

Today I will introduce a resolution calling for full investigation of #China Communist Party's lies & actions that killed thousands of their own people & turned #CoronavirusOutbreak #COVID19 into a global pandemic

The cost of Beijing's criminal conduct should be assessed and they should pay damages to USA and the world

9:34 AM - Mar 24, 2020

Hmmm

So what is the culpability of the Chinese government really?

They aren't responsible for the virus itself despite what conspiracy theorists will tell you

The charge appears to be that they mishandled initial response and withheld critical information or didnt take it seriously enough until it was too late

Is that fair though? How do you know just how bad it is until research comes in from medical professionals? Do they shoulder any blame?

Sir Tsunami

Oct 25, 2017
Oct 27, 2017

PatMan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Any idea when the house will vote on the Pelosi deal. I don't want to get my hopes up, but that 10k off student loans would be amazing

Status
Not open for further replies.