• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
It's just going to be Democrat bashing hour. Which every network is forced to carry live because he's the President.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Ben Wermund @BenjaminEW

.@tedcruz calls on Trump to address medical supply shortages by invoking Defense Production Act: "I don't want to see doctors having to make a choice of who gets to live and who has to die because they don't have the equipment to save their lives." https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/article/Sen-Cruz-calls-on-Trump-to-address-medical-15151571.php?utm_campaign=CMS%20Sharing%20Tools%20(Premium)&utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral …

3:39 PM - Mar 23, 2020

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
🤷‍♂️

www.politico.com

Oil execs to Trump: Whose side are you on?

An industry that once enjoyed the president’s favor now cringes when it hears him celebrate low prices for consumers.
In POLITICO interviews, half a dozen industry officials who have talked with White House officials in recent days described Trump as slow to comprehend the twin body blows a global pandemic and a price war between Saudi Arabia and Russia would have on an industry he has long supported. Oil prices at $20 a barrel threaten to rain destruction on an industry that has donated $1.8 million to Trump's re-election campaign and employs hundreds of thousands of people in states key to any hope to beat his eventual Democratic rival for the presidency.
Already, Trump's favorability is quite low in Texas – 45 percent in a University of Texas/Texas Tribune poll from early February, before the coronavirus crisis -- compared to other predominantly Republican states, and he similarly lags in next-door New Mexico, a Democratic-leaning state which he hopes to win.
"The President wants lower gas prices to a point, but this well exceeds that point, and the administration knows this," said Dan Eberhart, CEO of Canary LLC, a Denver-based oil services firm, and a major Republican donor who regularly speaks with senior White House officials. "The bigger worry for the administration from what I understand is helping an industry that consumers think produces fountains of gold. People that have spoken to the White House - myself included - are concerned that the administration doesn't realize that the U.S. oil industry will eventually cease to exist at sub-$30 oil."

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Ben Wermund @BenjaminEW

.@tedcruz calls on Trump to address medical supply shortages by invoking Defense Production Act: "I don't want to see doctors having to make a choice of who gets to live and who has to die because they don't have the equipment to save their lives." https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/article/Sen-Cruz-calls-on-Trump-to-address-medical-15151571.php?utm_campaign=CMS%20Sharing%20Tools%20(Premium)&utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral …

When Ted Cruz has a better take than someone...

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
🤷‍♂️

www.politico.com

Oil execs to Trump: Whose side are you on?

An industry that once enjoyed the president’s favor now cringes when it hears him celebrate low prices for consumers.
In POLITICO interviews, half a dozen industry officials who have talked with White House officials in recent days described Trump as slow to comprehend the twin body blows a global pandemic and a price war between Saudi Arabia and Russia would have on an industry he has long supported. Oil prices at $20 a barrel threaten to rain destruction on an industry that has donated $1.8 million to Trump's re-election campaign and employs hundreds of thousands of people in states key to any hope to beat his eventual Democratic rival for the presidency.
Already, Trump's favorability is quite low in Texas – 45 percent in a University of Texas/Texas Tribune poll from early February, before the coronavirus crisis -- compared to other predominantly Republican states, and he similarly lags in next-door New Mexico, a Democratic-leaning state which he hopes to win.
"The President wants lower gas prices to a point, but this well exceeds that point, and the administration knows this," said Dan Eberhart, CEO of Canary LLC, a Denver-based oil services firm, and a major Republican donor who regularly speaks with senior White House officials. "The bigger worry for the administration from what I understand is helping an industry that consumers think produces fountains of gold. People that have spoken to the White House - myself included - are concerned that the administration doesn't realize that the U.S. oil industry will eventually cease to exist at sub-$30 oil."

"...half a dozen industry officials who have talked with White House officials in recent days described Trump as slow to comprehend..."

😂😂😂
I guess his stupidity is a problem now.

LegendofJoe

Oct 28, 2017
Arkansas, USA
The oil industry needs to get used to low prices. We are rapidly approaching the point where electric cars will be cheaper than ICE cars. The sooner the industry adapts and diversifies the better off they'll be.

Instead of begging for taxpayer money they should be preparing for a future where gas stations are converted into mini power plants to recharge cars and trucks. Reimagine yourselves as energy companies instead of fossil fuel companies and you will survive and thrive. Keep clinging to how things were and you will go the way of Sears and Blockbuster.

Oct 27, 2017
"...half a dozen industry officials who have talked with White House officials in recent days described Trump as slow to comprehend..."

😂😂😂
I guess his stupidity is a problem now.

They didn't give a shit how dumb he was when they just needed his hand to sign their tax cuts. I hope all these C-suite assholes lose jobs and their wealth

OmniOne

Oct 25, 2017
It's surely going to be an interesting strategy to 'pivot' to tell people to return to operations as normal as people start suffering and dying left and right in exponential numbers.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Oct 27, 2017
You're going to see about a week of Red states trying to dunk on states that continue lockdown for being 'Nanny-state losers" until Bubba dies in his tree blind because hunting season was more important than seeing a doctor.

And we'll all be expected to ignore the idiocy of these assholes out of a misplaced sense of decorum

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017

Ben Wermund @BenjaminEW

Oh shut up and get back to the phone bank coward.

CrocM

Oct 25, 2017

Mulberry

Oct 28, 2017
You're going to see about a week of Red states trying to dunk on states that continue lockdown for being 'Nanny-state losers" until Bubba dies in his tree blind because hunting season was more important than seeing a doctor.

And we'll all be expected to ignore the idiocy of these assholes out of a misplaced sense of decorum
Bubba is practicing good social distancing in his tree blind.
It's the chili cook off that's gonna kill him.

Arm Van Dam

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 30, 2019
Illinois

Nancy Pelosi just told me she's open to moving the Senate's stimulus bill if "it's satisfactory" to her caucus, clearest sign yet that the House could approve a deal cut between Schumer and the White House. It's widely believed Schumer won't sign onto a bill Pelosi won't endorse.

Asked if she was open to passing the bill, Pelosi said: "It depends on what it is. It's not finished as far as I can tell." Asked if she would move the competing bill she introduced today, Pelosi said: "We will see."
Asked if she'd move a Senate bill she thinks is satisfactory, Pelosi: "If it's satisfactory. Not only to me but to my leadership, to my members and to our chairmen who have worked very hard on our bill. They done a masterful job for taking responsibility for families and workers"

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
The oil industry needs to get used to low prices. We are rapidly approaching the point where electric cars will be cheaper than ICE cars. The sooner the industry adapts and diversifies the better off they'll be.

Instead of begging for taxpayer money they should be preparing for a future where gas stations are converted into mini power plants to recharge cars and trucks. Reimagine yourselves as energy companies instead of fossil fuel companies and you will survive and thrive. Keep clinging to how things were and you will go the way of Sears and Blockbuster.

Yup, I really need this to happen for the sake of cities like Houston whose economies are so dependent on the price of oil.

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017

www.axios.com

Man dies after self-medicating with chloroquine phosphate

PSA: Chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine are not approved for coronavirus.
"A man has died and his wife is under critical care after the couple, both in their 60s, ingested chloroquine phosphate," one of the anti-malaria drugs that President Trump has mentioned in recent days, according to Banner Health, the hospital system that treated both patients.

Holy shit...

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Off-topic, UK's Boris:

Bel Trew @Beltrew

Breaking: in UK all must stay home except shopping for basic necessities, daily exercise, medical needs& travelling for essential work. Shops selling non-essential goods to be shut. Gathering in public of more than 2 prohibited. #COVIDー19 death toll 335 https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52012432 …

4:39 PM - Mar 23, 2020

Janine Gibson @janinegibson

Boris Johnson: No prime minister wants to enact measures like this​

4:34 PM - Mar 23, 2020

daedalius

Oct 27, 2017

www.axios.com

"A man has died and his wife is under critical care after the couple, both in their 60s, ingested chloroquine phosphate," one of the anti-malaria drugs that President Trump has mentioned in recent days, according to Banner Health, the hospital system that treated both patients.

My wife tells me you need a prescription to get this stuff, wonder how they did it?

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Maybe this:

Justice Department @TheJusticeDept

Following AG Barr's direction, the Justice Department is prioritizing the detection, investigation, and prosecution of #COVID19 #fraud. Learn more about the first COVID-19 fraud enforcement action the Department has filed: https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/justice-department-files-its-first-enforcement-action-against-covid-19-fraud …

4:13 PM - Mar 23, 2020

Covid fraud? Always have their priorities right eh

fragamemnon

Nov 30, 2017
Never been in a solo tree blind, but I always assumed those things were the redneck equivalent of Las Vegas: what happens between two grown men waiting to kill an animal, stays between them. FOREVER

It's pretty boring most of the time, but you rarely stay more than a few hours. Deer are crepuscular to feed and migratory in their small range during the day. Extremely predictable animals. If you have a buddy or not, you spend most of the time on slow ass rural 4G surfing the web.

CrocM

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone selling fake vaccine or going door to door pretending to be the CDC are the lowest form of scum

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
Off-topic, UK's Boris:

Bel Trew @Beltrew

Breaking: in UK all must stay home except shopping for basic necessities, daily exercise, medical needs& travelling for essential work. Shops selling non-essential goods to be shut. Gathering in public of more than 2 prohibited. #COVIDー19 death toll 335 https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52012432 …

4:39 PM - Mar 23, 2020

Janine Gibson @janinegibson

Boris Johnson: No prime minister wants to enact measures like this​

4:34 PM - Mar 23, 2020

Wait, what happened to speedrunning it?

Also, wouldn't it be nice to be in the EU right now? Where if your country gets overwhelmed, you have a pool of resources to pull from...

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

www.axios.com

This is a trend that I sadly see continuing.

Status
Not open for further replies.