• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
Did she really go with, "Won't someone please think of the corporations????" Goofy.
it's going up on the senate CSPAN

Cu5FZ6z.jpg
Evil.

kalindana

Oct 28, 2018

This is huge! Nancy Pelosi announces that House Dems' stimulus bill will include billions in grant funding for the states & requirements that they have 15 days of early voting, no-excuse absentee mail voting, & mailing all voters a ballot in emergencies https://www.speaker.gov/newsroom/32320
www.speaker.gov

Pelosi Statement Ahead of Unveiling of Democrats’ Third Coronavirus Response Bill

Washington, D.C. – Speaker Nancy Pelosi released this statement ahead of the unveiling of House Democrats’ third coronavirus response bill, the Take Responsibility for Workers and Families Act: “The Senate Republicans’ bill, as presented, put corporations first, not workers and families. Today...

Oct 25, 2017
The bill is coming.

Take Responsibility for Workers and Families Act:
  • For our workers and small businesses: our bill requires that any corporation that takes taxpayer dollars must protect their workers' wages and benefits – not CEO pay, stock buybacks or layoffs. It gives our small businesses fast relief with grants and loans to tide them through this crisis. And it strengthens Unemployment Insurance so that it can replace the average wages of our workers who are losing their jobs and hours.
  • For our doctors, nurses, health care workers and first responders: It gives hospitals and other health institutions the desperately needed funds to provide treatment and care to all those who are sick and to ensure they have the Personal Protective Equipment to protect health care workers and first responders. It protects our health care workers by requiring the Administration to enforce our stronger Occupational Safety and Health Administration protections. At the same time, it calls for the president to invoke the Defense Production Act immediately.
  • For our families: It gives direct payments to America's families in a robust way and strengthens Child Tax Credits and the Earned Income Tax Credit. It gives more workers the security of guaranteed paid family and medical leave, including those caring for our seniors. And it makes coronavirus treatment free for the patient.
  • For our students: Pumps nearly $40 billion into schools and universities, with $30 billion directly provided to states to help them stabilize their funding for schools and nearly $10 billion to help alleviate the harm caused by coronavirus on higher education institutions, while providing them with added flexibility to continue operating during the crisis. The legislation also helps current borrowers with their student debt burden and GI bill benefits. We also bolster SNAP and other initiatives to address food insecurity.
  • For our Democracy: Ensures that states can carry out this year's election with billions in grant funding for states through the Election Assistance Commission and a national requirement for both 15 days of early voting and no-excuse absentee vote-by-mail, including mailing a ballot to all registered voters in an emergency.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

This is huge! Nancy Pelosi announces that House Dems' stimulus bill will include billions in grant funding for the states & requirements that they have 15 days of early voting, no-excuse absentee mail voting, & mailing all voters a ballot in emergencies https://www.speaker.gov/newsroom/32320
www.speaker.gov

Pelosi Statement Ahead of Unveiling of Democrats’ Third Coronavirus Response Bill

Washington, D.C. – Speaker Nancy Pelosi released this statement ahead of the unveiling of House Democrats’ third coronavirus response bill, the Take Responsibility for Workers and Families Act: “The Senate Republicans’ bill, as presented, put corporations first, not workers and families. Today...

Absolutely necessary. Pubs want low turnout so they won't bother with it without it being attached to a bill like this.

Ac30

Oct 30, 2017
London

www.speaker.gov

The name of that bill is *chef's kiss*

the shade

Oct 27, 2017
Call your Senators--even if they're GOP CHUDs--and demand that they prioritize workers over corporations. Make them fear a mass of pissed off, out of work constituents coughing in their local offices

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
I'm laughing at their asking if people prefer $2000 over $1000. What answer did they expect? That question seems like a bit of a waste of timem.

Alpheus

Oct 25, 2017
Perfect counter bill especially after clown shoes Collins tried to headline an impromptu wrestling match in the Senate

Hopfrog

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, if the rest of the polling is like that then the Republican proposals are gonna go over like a wet fart with the overwhelming majority of Americans. Democrats are on the right side AND the popular side on these matters, and that House bill is fabulous.

Arm Van Dam

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 30, 2019
Illinois

New Rand Paul statement: "For those who want to criticize me for lack of quarantine, realize that if the rules on testing had been followed to a tee, I would never have been tested and would still be walking around the halls of the Capitol."
"The current guidelines would not have called for me to get tested nor quarantined. It was my extra precaution, out of concern for my damaged lung, that led me to get tested," Paul said. "The broader the testing and the less finger-pointing we have, the better."

lol no Rand

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Watching Manchin and McConnell exchange.

Manchin laying out a very clear need to focus funding on healthcare needs, hospitals, and necessary equipment. Making it very clear that the corporate bailout won't help anything.

McConnell grandstanding and fighting desperately to stop the delay!! The money must flow!!
Lots of: "May I remind my friend from WV how the pROceSs works?"

Status
Not open for further replies.