• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Avinash117

Oct 25, 2017
Yup. Once Trump gives the "order" for everything to return to business as usual. A lot of companies and people will take that as official and go back to doing what they were before. The virus will spread so much quicker and not only that. I feel Trump would just use this as an excuse to revert back on testing and all that.

People get sick and die, Economy will be even more fucked, and our hospitals will be slammed.

States are doing the testing and the numbers will still go up. Some business in states that are not in states that are in lockdown may open up their doors, but that doesn't mean it last long the more cases the more likely people will not go.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
This is a literally unprecedented situation to try and campaign in and he's forming a team consisting of former Obama administration health advisors and getting a plan in place on how to proceed without it looking like he's trying to utilize a national crisis for partisan gain? He's also dealing with democratic leaders in congress/Senate constantly and throughout.

gcubed

Oct 25, 2017
NYC is by far the worst hit, most packed area we have, though.
i think CA saved themselves with swift action (besides letting people crowd beaches until recently). They were probably also saved by their terrible public transportation and loving desire to drive alone and pack the roads for hours on end. NYC being a huge international hub, huge population density as well as having a majority of people also use the best public transit system in the US makes the problem there exponentially worse then almost anywhere else besides where places are at this point, allowing things to get worse on purpose (i really have no idea what Florida is doing besides actively trying to kill their population)

Iolo

Oct 27, 2017
Britain

😬

CBC News Alerts @CBCAlerts

Futures markets sharply reverse losses, point to gains at opening after US Federal Reserve vows aggressive moves to pump up economy. Will lend to private businesses, purchase $125B debt every day this week. Programs are larger than those deployed in wake of 2008 financial crisis.

Markets down at opening as temporary enthusiasm over US Federal Reserve's overnight promise of aggressive intervention to combat coronavirus impact fades. Dow off 400 points (2%) while S&P 500, NASDAQ post respective losses of 2%, 1%. TSX down 100 (1.8%).

9:38 AM - Mar 23, 2020

The Fed is not trying to prevent the markets from going down, they're trying to prevent our economic engine from seizing. The markets can't begin to recover until certainty returns, I.e. widespread testing is a prerequisite.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017

Sir Tsunami

Oct 25, 2017

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017

Ac30

Oct 30, 2017
London

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York

Ernest

Oct 25, 2017
So.Cal.
Holy shit, so this is the narrative idiot trump-supporters want to take. I'm only sharing for people to see the magnitude to which people will lie to themselves to keep from admitting they were wrong.
How do you even reason with someone who thinks this way? I suppose you just ignore it, but man, are people really this lost?

(spoilering for sheer dumb-fuckery)

908.jpg

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
sorry, I realize I make this same basic post like once every three weeks, it's like political comfort food in these trying times

Looking over the RCP poll averages of Trump v. Biden, pleased to see Biden posting decent leads over Trump in Michigan, Pennsylvania, North Carolina and Arizona - the four states I'd also suggest are the easiest (relative term) Trump states to turn into Dem trifectas within the next three years. (Trump ties in Wisconsin and leads in Florida, but lol, Democrats have almost zero chance at trifectas in those states, sadly as they both desperately could use it)

There is only one state in the country where legislative control is split between two parties, Minnesota (where the DFL won the House last election, but Republicans still control the Senate, which was last up in 2016), unless you count Alaska's odd power-sharing scheme in the House (where Democrats have a functional majority and hold the Speaker position despite having fewer members). Otherwise everything is either a trifecta or split between the Governor and the legislature.

Democrats have 15 trifectas outright, and four states where we control the legislature but not the governorship. In three of those (VT, MD, MA), Democrats have such an overwhelming majority in the legislature that it doesn't really matter, they can override gubernatorial vetoes and pass whatever they want. The other is New Hampshire, which, along with Vermont, are holding their gubernatorial elections this year. So there is a possibility both states could be converted to true trifectas, along with Minnesota, giving Democrats total control in 18 of the Clinton states and effective control in the remaining two.

Looking ahead to this year's elections, Democrats have a real (if not super likely) shot at flipping North Carolina and Pennsylvania, where both houses of the state legislature are up and Democrats already control the governorships. Very possible though they'll need to wait until 2022 after redistricting, and will just have to claw any gains they can now. Michigan and Arizona both have to wait until 2022 definitively, thanks to timing. The Michigan State Senate isn't up again until 2022 (when it'll have brand-spanking new maps), while Arizona's governorship has to wait until then, too. In the meantime, Democrats can attempt to flip the Michigan House and both houses of the Arizona legislature.

Reason I obsess over all this stuff? Well, just having more control in general is good, but it's also the most obvious path to the NPVIC. Virginia, Minnesota, Nevada, Maine and New Hampshire have yet to pass it, but that would still leave Democrats at 232 electoral votes, the same amount Clinton won (or would have but for faithless electors). Add the four I mentioned above (NC/AZ/PA/MI) and we've hit 294 - just enough of a cushion that any swing state seeking to withdraw from the compact couldn't screw things up on their own, they'd have to find another state to bounce out with them. Of course, making gains in the 2022 midterms will be difficult (assuming we even win this year), but we have to try.

...and of course, any of my state recaps would be incomplete without mentioning that the Iowa House, Florida House, Texas House and Wisconsin Senate are (at least theoretically) on the board. That's about it, though my crazy-pants prediction has also been that West Virginia's legislature is surprisingly competitive thanks to Demosaur voters. I'd be very surprised if either of its houses flipped, but I'd honestly rank it above Wisconsin in terms of likelihood.

mattiewheels

Oct 27, 2017
This is a literally unprecedented situation to try and campaign in and he's forming a team consisting of former Obama administration health advisors and getting a plan in place on how to proceed without it looking like he's trying to utilize a national crisis for partisan gain? He's also dealing with democratic leaders in congress/Senate constantly and throughout.
This seems like concern trolling at this point. Practically it could be that they're giving Trump rope to hang himself, and he has been, or that they're giving Trump a chance to actually set things straight, or that they're trying to set up properly before they do more regular broadcasts.

In a month, do you think people will even care a tiny bit that Biden wasn't on camera for the last week, or what? This doesn't matter. You know it doesn't matter.
True, I need to be more patient here.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
twitter.com

Matt Viser on Twitter

“"And you’re live. Mics are hot,” Joe Biden is told. "Ready to go?” he asks, before starting an address in what he hopes will be regular addresses from a new TV camera setup at his home.”

www.youtube.com

TUNE IN: Joe Biden Delivers Remarks on the Coronavirus pandemic | Joe Biden For President

Join our campaign: http://www.joebiden.comFollow Joe!Joe’s Twitter: https://twitter.com/joebidenJoe’s Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/joebidenJoe’s Instag...

maabus1999

Oct 26, 2017

NEW:

Dems have found a measure that Rs buried in the stimulus that would restrict small business money from going to a range of health care providers that take Medicaid.

This includes providers for the disabled and even rape crisis centers.

New piece:https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/03/23/gop-just-smuggled-another-awful-provision-into-big-stimulus-bill/ …

They must have a cut and paste playbook for writing laws. Medicaid..Paste this.

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
i think CA saved themselves with swift action (besides letting people crowd beaches until recently). They were probably also saved by their terrible public transportation and loving desire to drive alone and pack the roads for hours on end. NYC being a huge international hub, huge population density as well as having a majority of people also use the best public transit system in the US makes the problem there exponentially worse then almost anywhere else besides where places are at this point, allowing things to get worse on purpose (i really have no idea what Florida is doing besides actively trying to kill their population)
I'm legitimately surprised at CA. And I don't think its because of actions they took; Those people they brought back that were allowed to mingle at air bases that they had community spread. How did it not get catastrophically worse? No one was being tested.

I do like your public transit theory, though.

Some say that he goes missing for 8 hours at a time EVERY SINGLE DAY. Can someone please ask his campaign WHAT HE'S TRYING TO HIDE?
I've heard he's losing consciousness for those eight hours

Its true, viruses are often stopped when they try to get through customs without papers.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
If Trump is going to have people start going back to work then someone better pass a good bill and fast. Stop trying to salvage the shit McConnell bill and start the vote on something else right now.

How can someone be that vain though that they are more worried about how their choices are perceived than keeping people safe. I know hes antsy to get back to normal, but at least wait the whole month before making these decisions. 15 days always seemed like a joke.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
twitter.com

Matt Viser on Twitter

“"And you’re live. Mics are hot,” Joe Biden is told. "Ready to go?” he asks, before starting an address in what he hopes will be regular addresses from a new TV camera setup at his home.”

www.youtube.com

TUNE IN: Joe Biden Delivers Remarks on the Coronavirus pandemic | Joe Biden For President

Join our campaign: http://www.joebiden.comFollow Joe!Joe’s Twitter: https://twitter.com/joebidenJoe’s Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/joebidenJoe’s Instag...

Stand by for new fauxgressive talking points now that "where's Biden??????????" is out the window.

Pall Mall

Oct 25, 2017
twitter.com

Matt Viser on Twitter

www.youtube.com

Jesus I need this and idk why

Mercurial

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Back to his old favorites.

This reminds me of a line from the early minutes of Dawn of the Dead (1978) where a desperate Dr. Foster is pleading on a televised interview for the public to wake up and realize what is going on as society is overwhelmed by the crisis.

"You have not listened! You have not listened to the situation for 3 weeks! What does it take? What does it take to make people see?"

This is where I feel like we are now. This man is incapable of leading us through this crisis. Unless something dramatic happens, we're going to lose a lot of Americans to to this disease that could have been saved by a competent federal response.

Oct 27, 2017
twitter.com

Matt Viser on Twitter

www.youtube.com

Too bad, Cuomo's on right now. Biden needs to choose his times related to what's currently happening.

Plinko

Oct 28, 2017
Whitmer dropping bombs in this press conference. She said the federal govt allocation of PPE wasnt enough for even one shift for medical workers.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
It seems like Joe was 100% waiting to come back on the 10th anniversary of the ACA.
I'll explain this in a metaphor Era will understand:

Biden is Goku returning after training with King Kai for a year, and immediately wiping the floor with Nappa (who up until now has been more or less unbeatable by the other characters and picked off several of them in the process).

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Manu Raju @mkraju

There is no Senate GOP lunch today, per GOP aide. They had been lunching every day - including this past weekend in a big hall, contradicting CDC guidelines against gatherings of 10 or more people. After the Rand Paul news, there is no lunch today​

11:09 AM - Mar 23, 2020

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
I'll explain this in a metaphor Era will understand:

Biden is Goku returning after training with King Kai for a year, and immediately wiping the floor with Nappa (who up until now has been more or less unbeatable by the other characters and picked off several of them in the process).
Is this a Star War?

Status
Not open for further replies.