• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arm Van Dam

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 30, 2019
Illinois

Trump on the relief package: "We have a lot of money set aside for small businesses. We also have a lot of money set aside for big businesses, you know, the big powerful companies that were powerful four weeks ago...look at the cruise lines...very important to Florida."
Trump is emphasizing the danger to the cruise industry without being asked specifically about it. "We can't let the cruise lines go out of business. I mean, that would be massive numbers of jobs for our country...it's a massive business...it doesn't take much to keep them going."

CesareNorrez

Oct 25, 2017
Oct 25, 2017
It's my fault for replying sarcastically on the internet. You can't read sarcasm easily, and if you don't recognize the name of the poster that I was responding to, then I get why you might think that I was actually posting that in seriousness.

Because apparently another depression is going to be great for Trump to some people, for real.

Arm Van Dam

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 30, 2019
Illinois

Asked why he's not using the Defense Production Act to force companies to make anything, he says, "We're a country not based on nationalizing our business. Call a person over in Venezuela, ask him, how did nationalization of their businesses work out?...Not a good concept."

Killthee

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah I wasn't trying to say Jose had it, just pointing out that it was possible Trumps narcissism and incompetence could be partly behind the mix up cause one works on tv and the other one doesn't instead of just being a racist remark.

Kinda like the way he's been getting owned for the 4 million tests, 1 million of which that were sent last and destined for delivery last Tuesday?
Yes. Outside of his cult is anyone giving him credit for making testing more accessible? All the stories I've seen on the news and papers is how difficult testing has been for people who aren't rich despite the presidents claims that anyone can get tested.

Yamiche Alcindor @Yamiche

.@VP: The CDC tomorrow is going to issue new guidance which will make it possible for people who have exposed to the coronavirus to return to work more quickly by wearing a mask for a certain period of time.

6:33 PM - Mar 22, 2020

This is fucking nuts when hospitals are begging for masks.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Craig Caplan @CraigCaplan

47-47: Senate fails to advance Phase 3 COVID-19 economic stimulus bill process. 60 votes were needed. All Democrats voted No. McConnell switched his vote to No allowing for 2nd vote. 5Rs Gardner-CO, Lee-UT, Paul-KY, Romney-UT & Scott-FL are in self-quarantine & missed the vote.​

6:51 PM - Mar 22, 2020

Plinko

Oct 28, 2017
The obsession with cruise lines and his previous comments about Florida makes me think internal polling has him losing to Biden there.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
What the fuck does this mean?
People can't buy masks anywhere so...

W3Zx.gif

The Namekian

Nov 5, 2017
New York City
What the fuck does this mean?

That they are so desperate to support business they don't care of people die. We knew this, but this is dangerously stupid to do right now..... so they will do it, somebody with a better reputation will call them out for being fucking stupid so they'll reverse or the Governors will continue to call Trump a jackass and tell the people in their state to ignore him.

People in Red States are fucked..... like always

Oct 25, 2017
The only thing that really distracts me from how much I hate Trump is how much worse Mcconnell is any time he opens his fucking mouth:

Craig Caplan

@CraigCaplan

McConnell: "I changed my vote which gives me the opportunity to move to reconsider at a later time. That's all I can do in the face of obstruction. I can understand obstruction when you're trying to achieve something. This obstruction achieves nothing."

So this is his line for why GOP obstruction is good and Dems not giving them what they want is bad.

LegendofJoe

Oct 28, 2017
Arkansas, USA
If the reporter who asked that question seriously thought that Trump would ask an ex-president for advice they are a special kind of stupid. The only way to get a narcissist like him to do something is to make him think he thought of it and then praise him for being so smart.

Plinko

Oct 28, 2017
The only thing that really distracts me from how much I hate Trump is how much worse Mcconnell is any time he opens his fucking mouth:

Craig Caplan
@CraigCaplan

McConnell: "I changed my vote which gives me the opportunity to move to reconsider at a later time. That's all I can do in the face of obstruction. I can understand obstruction when you're trying to achieve something. This obstruction achieves nothing."

So this is his line for why GOP obstruction is good and Dems not giving them what they want is bad.

YOU CONTROL THE SENATE. You can't claim "obstruction" when you're sitting on over 400 bills passed by the House.

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully the Senate Dems get out in front of a camera and explain specifically what the scumfuck GOP tried to sneak in that failed bill and why they all voted NO.

aspiegamer

Oct 27, 2017
ZzzzzzZzzzZzz...
Trump seems to... not understand why the point of medical trials are and thinks we should shove these medications at people if it might have even a little chance to save them.

He also doesn't know yet the senate bill failed, not that he knew what was in it anyway.

XMonkey

Oct 26, 2017
The CDC better not really come out and say that. Totally irresponsible at this point in time.

It's all about numbers really. It will reduce the probability that you transmit, but it won't make it impossible. Judging from Japan, it brings the transmission rates below one, at least.
Japan is a very, very interesting case to watch right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.