• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
Finally calling out the National Guard and saying medical supplies will be delivered within 48hrs.

IggyChooChoo

Oct 25, 2017

Harvey Weinstein has tested positive.

This is horrible — not because of Harvey, but because it implies it's going rampant in the prisons, which are not equipped at all for this. It will take an inordinate toll on inmates.
Remote voting is the first step to House expansion, which would be SUPER beneficial to our nation long term.
Yeeess! I want a 10,000-seat House and a neutered* Senate that only has the power to vote down House bills with 67 votes.

*assuming we can't abolish it outright

fragamemnon

Nov 30, 2017
FWIW, this is what the federal government from Trump is only useful for-procurement and manpower to the states. Doing more than this is beyond their meager administrative capacity and results in a mess.

That said in reality states will get probably 10% of what is promised because they lie about everything.

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
30 percent unemployment and 50 percent gdp drop is "eat the Rich but literally" territory.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm beginning to believe an effective therapy that's able to be widely available combined with mass testing can get us out of the worst of this. Focus on the CQ trials. A vaccine isn't the only answer.

I'm also now as worried about the economic repercussions of a potential overreaction as much as I am about the deadliness of the pandemic itself. For now, a lockdown is the right move until we can better assess. I think we can absorb the economic blow of doing this for 4-6 weeks. I don't know about more than that.

Much, much more testing data and much greater hospital capacity and supplies are needed as soon as possible.

And pass some damn stimulus already.
Pretty much what I've been thinking. People are gonna start to do some real cold math about the relative national be-fucking from a historic depression compared to a pandemic in a month or so.

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
Nice. He's giving healthcare to veterans. Not like they deserve it or anything.

I love how he has to read sympathetic statements off a script.

Killthee

Oct 25, 2017
Totally not a racist.
To be fair his brother is named Jose Diaz Balart and Trump has done interviews and debates moderated by him since he's the main anchorman for Telemundo, Comcast's Spanish station, and a fill in anchorman/moderator for NBC & MSNBC when they need a fill in or a Floridian Hispanic on the debate stage. Could be the mixup primarily comes from Trump being more familiar with Jose cause he's a reporter/moderator for Comcast and Trumps obsession with how tv news portrays him.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Trump is so in love with the markets and so intellectually and mentally incapable about doing anything to reassure his precious markets at the same time.

At this point, I'm just going to assume that we'll have a D-D-D government. Sure, it will take economic and public health catastrophes to make that happen for sure, but I think even the Senate is probably fucked for the Republicans by the time we're into Q2.

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
Trump is so in love with the markets and so intellectually and mentally incapable about doing anything to reassure his precious markets at the same time.

At this point, I'm just going to assume that we'll have a D-D-D government. Sure, it will take economic and public health catastrophes to make that happen for sure, but I think even the Senate is probably fucked for the Republicans by the time we're into Q2.
Sue Collins crying in a corner.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
lol

Eli Stokols @EliStokols

Two days later but he's now answering @PeterAlexander's question.

Trump: "We are enduring a great national trial and we will prove that we can meet the moment...we're at war...and we're fighting an invisible enemy...

Speaks specifically to people feeling alone: "I want you to know that we're all joined together as one people."

Trump tries to show humility empathy: "I am very proud to be your president and you are very special people."​

6:19 PM - Mar 22, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.