• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018

whose-boat-is-this-boat-9781982121082_xlg.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
So it seems Faiz was literally the only remotely competent person hired on the Sanders campaign? And they surrounded him with idiots? Really sad.

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
The man understands basic human rights

but

The man doesn't understand basic politics.

he really should've just been a policy advisor for Warren

This sheds new light on that NYT interview to me. I always figured the "I don't do bullshit well" and "I don't call you to say happy birthday" was probably related to people like Clyburn. People Bernie probably figured would never get behind him. Which is bad politics on its own.

But the fact he is apparently so bad at reaching out to obvious allies really is eye opening.

GrapeApes

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

twitter.com

Jeffrey Stein on Twitter

“.@RashidaTlaib bill: -- $2K immediately for every person in America; -- Eligibility includes children, undocumented; ppl in US territories -- Distributed through prepaid cards (mailed/available at bank or postal office) -- Funded by Treasury minting 2 coins worth $1T each”

Prepaid cards sounds like a good way for criminals to start breaking into mailboxes.

SmokeMaxX

Oct 25, 2017
Undocumented is probably a political non-starter. I'm not a fan of the wording of "children." I feel like parents should just be able to get more. Prepaid cards is stupid.

Plutone

Oct 25, 2017
I'm okay with it. This way people who can't make accounts or cash checks can get access to the relief too.

JABEE

Oct 25, 2017
I hope Bernie continues on. Joe Biden is pretty terrible and Sanders seems to be the only person addressing issues facing this country in the face of the new normal. There is no going back to the Obama years even if you think those were good times. No more time for cruelty with a smile and a pat on the back.

I think it is worth it for Bernie to continue on the chance Sanders somehow does better during the late primaries if conditions continue to break down and Joe Biden somehow fucks up.

Sanders was the best candidate running this time around. It sucks that Biden is almost certainly going to be the nominee.

I will vote for Biden in the general, but I will continue to advocate for Sanders who has the best chance of actually solving the problems and fighting power.

No one else was willing to step up and run the campaign he ran in 2016 or 2020.

He is the flag-bearer for the progressive wing of the party until more people come along and rise in the ranks of leadership to take control of the movement.

I understand where things are at, but there is no candidate representing the ideas Sanders is fighting for right now in the Presidential race. The "presumptive" Democratic Nominee is absent from this conversation.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
I was gonna tag you too since you closely followed the AZ primary as well. Did Ward actually have a decent chance of winning the GE vs how McSally performed? I'm curious how the dynamics were with Arpaio being the Trumpian candidate.
Ward or Arpaio probably each would have done worse. Ward is currently running the AZ GOP and by all accounts she's running it into the ground.

Arpaio would have been an even bigger disaster, would have lost Maricopa handily.

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
I was gonna tag you too since you closely followed the AZ primary as well. Did Ward actually have a decent chance of winning the GE vs how McSally performed? I'm curious how the dynamics were with Arpaio being the Trumpian candidate.
I admit that part confuses me. We know now McSally's a goon (well, I always knew), but in 2018 she was the most electable among her, Ward, and Arpaio by far. Sinema would've trounced, not merely beaten, the other two. Maybe she wanted Arpaio to win to make Sinema's path easier.
Ward or Arpaio probably each would have done worse. Ward is currently running the AZ GOP and by all accounts she's running it into the ground.

Arpaio would have been an even bigger disaster, would have lost Maricopa handily.
Right, but see above. Boosting either Ward or Arpaio in a three-way race helped McSally because the other two split the loony vote. For her strategy to work, wouldn't it have needed to be McSally vs. just one of the crazies?

I mean, I think this lady seems like a solid Democrat, but solid Democrats can be bad strategists, too. Look at this thread!

adamsappel

Oct 27, 2017

twitter.com

Jeffrey Stein on Twitter

“.@RashidaTlaib bill: -- $2K immediately for every person in America; -- Eligibility includes children, undocumented; ppl in US territories -- Distributed through prepaid cards (mailed/available at bank or postal office) -- Funded by Treasury minting 2 coins worth $1T each”

I've been wondering how Trump was going to deal with the debt ceiling (when does that come up again?) and assumed he might be inclined to mint those $T platinum coins (especially if they could have his image on them; there's a law against living presidents being on currency, but maybe it wouldn't be considered currency since you can't "spend" it).

I agree that mailed pre-paid cards are going to be catnip for thieves; even mailed checks from Social Security are going to be highly stolen. I wish the post office bank accounts would get fast-tracked.

SmokeMaxX

Oct 25, 2017
Listening to this Trump press conference briefly. It is legit unreal that people think this guy can beat Biden in a debate. That's besides the fact that Trump would probably just spend the entire time talking about Biden's dead family members and making fun of his stutter.

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
Listening to this Trump press conference briefly. It is legit unreal that people think this guy can beat Biden in a debate. That's besides the fact that Trump would probably just spend the entire time talking about Biden's dead family members and making fun of his stutter.
Some people have terminal cases of Strong White Daddy syndrome. They've been taught that virile, masculine Republicans always win, but Democrats are WEAK.

Mercurial

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

The debates don't mean anything. He looked like an imbecile in every "debate" he participated in during his run and still won.

Scottt

Oct 25, 2017
That NYT article about the Sanders campaign is frustrating. I have to wonder if there is some principle Sanders holds regarding endorsements that makes him disinclined to seek them.

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
You watch Cuomo's briefings and he talks with compassion and empathy, with knowledge of the situation and informed analysis. He speaks at length without a script because he's on top of things.

Then you watch this orange asshole get up there everyday and (poorly) read from a script someone else wrote for him that he probably didn't even look over beforehand. He just reads a bunch of statistics and pats himself on the back.

So fucking emabarrassing.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
$1 trillion coin?

Uhh.. what? Is this some Simpson shit?

No, it's brilliant. This came up during the debt ceiling business. The administration has the ability to mint platinum coins in any denomination it chooses *without getting approval from congress*.

This immediately puts a shit ton of money in the budget out of nowhere that does not enter circulation, that can fund any number of things.

It's brilliant politics but bad optics.

mightynine

Oct 25, 2017
It is impressive how Pence's bare minimum of competence doing this presser looks like he's the most eloquent speaker in the world after Orange Julius.

IggyChooChoo

Oct 25, 2017

twitter.com

Jeffrey Stein on Twitter

Prepaid cards sounds like a good way for criminals to start breaking into mailboxes.

339254.jpg

Oct 27, 2017
Pence and Santorum both do the thing where they shake their heads while they talk, their body language gives away the truth that "no, what I'm saying to you is not true."

XMonkey

Oct 26, 2017
Cannot believe Bernie still hasn't dropped by now. It's over. Bye. We kind of have a situation going on in this country.

Any respect I had for the man is gone after this. Bring on the new progressive leaders.

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Cannot believe Bernie still hasn't dropped by now. It's over. Bye. We kind of have a situation going on in this country.

Any respect I had for the man is gone after this. Bring on the new progressive leaders.
Eh, he isn't even focusing on campaigning at the moment. Don't see much drawback in using his campaign resources to provide stability to its workers a bit longer and educate people about the virus while offering solutions?

They all know the race is over.

SpitztheGreat

May 16, 2019
Sanders who has the best chance of actually solving the problems and fighting power.
I know that your heart is with Bernie, but the facts are the facts, and if Bernie can't even build on existing alliances then he has no chance of solving systemic issues that would require broad coalitions. He is literally not built to be an executive.

daedalius

Oct 27, 2017
Hey look St.louis is now under a stay at home order because they were so lax with their testing it's now exploded. How many other places is that gonna happen?

SpitztheGreat

May 16, 2019
Holy shit, this press conference. Ben Carson comes across as completely disinterested and clueless. Meanwhile Trump hovers over him like a goon.

Status
Not open for further replies.