• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrome Hyena

Oct 30, 2017
Doesnt even compare, but WV just had 3 more cases pop up overnight. Which brings the total to 5 lol. We just havent been testing anywhere near as many people as we should.

But I get why people in charge are so afraid of ordering everyone to stay home, besides essential workers (and Gamestop employees of course), but the sooner we get everyone staying home the sooner we can get through this. South Korea should be the example that everyone is following for the most part. Yea itll suck for the next month, but at the rate were going as a country its going to be a year before we start to see light at the end of the tunnel.

In my state people are treating this like a joke for the most part. Everyone is flocking to Walmart to meet with their friends, so Walmart started closing at 8pm. Then everyone goes across the street to Krogers lol.
yeah i live in MO and our shit governor was doing his best to "downplay" it, and once we began testing people, we jumped from like 2 people, to 18, to like 41 in a week. all because of Parsons, besides being a huge homophobe, is a pos who is chicken shit scared to upset anyone. So while our neighbor Kansas, specifically Johnson county, (for those who don't know, johnson County is in Kansas, but due to our state line, its basically a suburb of KC, lots of folks work in JC but live in KC for instance) was doing numbers in the teens, Kansas City sat at zero for a long time. It even gave me a false sense of security. then suddenly we got one case, then 2, then 8, then 16, then 28, then 41 all in like a week. All due to actually testing people.

Arm Van Dam

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 30, 2019
Illinois
twitter.com

Richard Burr on Twitter

“My statement in response to reports about recent financial disclosures:”

KeekiL7.png

Public news reports my ass, Burr totally sold the stock using non public information

hanshotfirst

Mar 3, 2020

Hello President Leahy?

Sorry, if I'm a little late to this and its not plausible considering constitutional law (but its a fun thought expirement). Wouldn't governors just appoint new senators between Jan. 3 and Jan 20th? Same with the House, usually they don't but I imagine a drastic scenerio like this they would, which means with a majority of governors being republicans then congress will go to an R majority in both chambers of congress.

And the speaker can be literally anyone who qualifies for the House of Representatives so... uhhhh..... Speaker Trump?

Oct 27, 2017
He just said he's ordered millions of masks and are shipping them to states directly. If this turns out to not be true, especially after Cuomo's presser this morning...

GrapeApes

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

twitter.com

Sean Sullivan on Twitter

“Exploiting the fine print of campaign finance law, former New York mayor Mike Bloomberg transfers his campaign left-overs to the DNC, a huge gift for its get-out-the-vote efforts, via @michaelscherer: https://t.co/wDEl8Y7a6g”

Former New York mayor Mike Bloomberg has decided to donate significant components of his shuttered presidential campaign to the Democratic Party, a historic bequest that includes an $18 million cash infusion to organize for the general election in swing states.

Avinash117

Oct 25, 2017
If they don't have testing it'll just look like the flu. Which kinda seems like what Desantis is going for. Of course, Florida being oldesville means the fatality rate would be worst here.

I don't think it will look just the flu even young people might be hospitalized in great numbers if they catch it. If it spreads rapidly in Florida it won't be surprising if you hear more of the healthcare system being overwhelm. Hiding the numbers is possible, but they can't hide the results.

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
What happens to momentum when it hits coronavirus deaths, skyrocketing unemployment, and a double-digit GDP contraction?

Never mind, you edited before I responded.

But the problem with this line of thinking is that it means that for us to be successful politically then we should expect the worst outcome. So it somewhat acknowledges the fact that trump has the upper hand right now and is benefitting from the epidemic. So if the worst outcome doesn't occur, and we should hope that it doesn't, then trump and republicans will end up being victorious and much more popular than ever.

Oct 25, 2017

twitter.com

Sahil Kapur on Twitter

“Trump suggests he agrees with what Chuck Schumer and Elizabeth Warren have proposed on restricting share repurchases for companies that get a bailout. "I don't want to have stock buybacks," he says. "We're discussing many things." He and Schumer are "not very far away."”

JVID

Oct 25, 2017
Chicagoland
But the problem with this line of thinking is that it means that for us to be successful politically then we should expect the worst outcome. So it somewhat acknowledges the fact that trump has the upper hand right now and is benefitting from the epidemic. So if the worst outcome doesn't occur, and we should hope that it doesn't, then trump and republicans will end up being victorious and much more popular than ever.
just lol.

Oct 27, 2017
This press conference just went all Jerky Boys, with Trump calling a reporter "smart guy".

He then trotted out a "what the hell do you have to lose" with Trump's approach.

Now arguing with a reporter over a question, telling the reporter "I've been right a lot."

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
What is it specifically that takes many, many months to develop vaccines? I would imagine that in the year 2020 science is advanced enough that they could create something that kill the actual virus itself. So is it just about mitigating the side effects or what? Why is going to take a year or more?

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
What is it specifically that takes many, many months to develop vaccines? I would imagine that in the year 2020 science is advanced enough that they could create something that kill the actual virus itself. So is it just about mitigating the side effects or what? Why is going to take a year or more?
Clinical trials.

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017

Goldman Sachs predicts a 24% decline in Q2 GDP.

TWENTY-FOUR PERCENT.

I'm not hoping for the worst. I'm seeing what's actually going to happen and telling you that Trump's little bubble will pop. Look above.

MizerMan

Oct 25, 2017

At the same time, this level of thinking assumes that Trump and the GOP are always gonna win and we're better off not trying

Oct 25, 2017
Vaccines have to be exactly right or you run the risk of the anti-bodies being developed not working on the current virus.

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
Trump is totally unhinged right now during the press conference, super paranoid, downplaying it.

Totally nuts.

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
At the same time, this level of thinking assumes that Trump and the GOP are always gonna win and we're better off not trying
I just don't think that dems are doing enough to criticize trump and his handling of the situation. But at the same time I recognize that it's a double edged sword to do so.

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
I just think it merits another post:

TWENTY-FOUR PERCENT DECLINE IN GDP. The economy shrinking by nearly a quarter!

Even the best estimate from Bank of America has the economy declining by 12%, which would tie or come close to equaling the worst drop on record!

Am_I_Evil

Oct 27, 2017
lol, of course he just mentions Feinstein

Wow, he just went after a reporter because she didn't mention Feinstein 😳

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think it will look just the flu even young people might be hospitalized in great numbers if they catch it. If it spreads rapidly in Florida it won't be surprising if you hear more of the healthcare system being overwhelm. Hiding the numbers is possible, but they can't hide the results.
You're right, in a sense, but Desantis is definitely trying the "see no evil" tact. Which works on a certain brand of idiot.

Ac30

Oct 30, 2017
London
He's got a great relationship with China everyone!

Edit: LOL He's acting shocked companies used his tax cuts to buy back shares, incredible

Status
Not open for further replies.