• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
Khan Academy Schedules

Not sure how many parents we have here, but if you are in need of some enrichment to keep the kids learning while this whole thing happens, Khan Academy created schedules that you can use to help guide your kids' learning.

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
Edit: oh and schools too! Duh
By law we still have to get paid during the pandemic (and probably not make up the days), and the OK legislature wants to pass a statutory remedy to help support/hourly employees.
This video is a couple weeks old, but it shows supply chains are very much not normal:

https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=sAooT_1583234498&p=1
So the articles and assurances I've recently read are fake and this video posted by this random person is THE TRUTH and WHAT THEY'RE NOT TELLING YOU.

Pooh

Oct 25, 2017
The Hundred Acre Wood
Thanks for the responses folks. I've been swamped with work stuff so it's been hard to keep up; I just keep seeing stuff about like Romney pushing for UBI and shit and wondering why I'm not seeing more from Dems in the news. Guess that's just the media for you.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Thanks for the responses folks. I've been swamped with work stuff so it's been hard to keep up; I just keep seeing stuff about like Romney pushing for UBI and shit and wondering why I'm not seeing more from Dems in the news. Guess that's just the media for you.
Romney pushed for a stimulus check, not UBI.

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
By law we still have to get paid during the pandemic (and probably not make up the days), and the OK legislature wants to pass a statutory remedy to help support/hourly employees.
Do y'all have a lot of hourly folks? My mom taught for years, and pretty much everyone was, by statutory requirement, salary.

i_am_ben

Oct 27, 2017
Its not going to be a depression because the majority, if handled correctly, will be temporary unemployment. Once the doors open again, the service industry needs all the same employees back. The government just needs to make sure that the businesses can survive the closure.

I think it depends on what is meant by temporary. Until there is a vaccine, 'social distancing' protocols may need to be in place, which will slow any recovery after the shutdowns are lifted.

ZeroCoin

Oct 26, 2017
Khan Academy Schedules

Not sure how many parents we have here, but if you are in need of some enrichment to keep the kids learning while this whole thing happens, Khan Academy created schedules that you can use to help guide your kids' learning.

Thanks for this link. It's been challenging after only 2.5 days of having 3 kids in the house. My oldest has trouble adapting to even minor changes in schedule so this has led to some rough days. I'm also not expecting the kids to go back after the end of this 3 week break in Ohio.

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Meh, I think it's fine to admit Dems were caught flat footed given that a week ago the WH and Senate said no to their stimulus and unemployment plans and all of a sudden proposed this

Right, but nobody cares if Democrats say it because it is DOA without upfront Republican support. Republicans do the same thing and it becomes a real possibility so it gets the attention it deserves. If Democrats were in power the situation would be reversed

You can see the dynamic play out in other ways too. Did anyone care about the hundreds of bills Paul Ryan's GOP passed? No. But you would take note if the Senate passed the same thing

Democrats have offered a million bills to the left of what Trump is proposing both before and during this crisis. Whatever he decides to do will be attributed to him regardless of who came up with the idea. That doesn't make him to the left of Democrats

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017

Look who doesn't know how to read the room.

I remain mystified how this guy made it to multiple high offices.

Edit: Lincoln Chafee delete his tweet calling for fiscal responsibility.

Last edited:

Goodstyle

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Just received a dark vision of the future.

We get through the Corona Virus outbreak, Trump is seen as the president who "shepherded us through" a difficult time like Bush was seen after 9/11, Trump's approval goes through the roof and he wins the election in a landslide.

Good chance this doesn't happen, but if the media goes full Dana Bash during the election, it's a distinct and horrifying possibility.

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
Yes, the support staff such as cafeteria workers and TAs.
That's so odd to me. My mom started as a para, and she was salary. (When she started she made $500 a month in the year of our lord 1994, working full time.) Strangely, Florida is one of those weird states where the teacher's/para unions did good work not just for teachers, but lifted everyone up, including support staff. The only folks who I know were hourly were Title I specific folks. Anyway, sorry to ramble.
Thanks for this link. It's been challenging after only 2.5 days of having 3 kids in the house. My oldest has trouble adapting to even minor changes in schedule so this has led to some rough days. I'm also not expecting the kids to go back after the end of this 3 week break in Ohio.
No worries. I homeschool my two oldest for health reasons, but we follow the school's guidelines for canceled classes and stuff. I doubt the public schools go back at all.

patientzero

Oct 25, 2017

We get through the Corona Virus outbreak, Trump is seen as the president who "shepherded us through" a difficult time like Bush was seen after 9/11, Trump's approval goes through the roof and he wins the election in a landslide.

Good chance this doesn't happen, but if the media goes full Dana Bash during the election, it's a distinct and horrifying possibility.

This hypothetical requires a complete misunderstanding of the dynamics behind 9/11's wake.

The Namekian

Nov 5, 2017
New York City
So here is a hypothetical question for all of you.

Trumps economy is done, he knows he is hated by a lot of people, and the Dems seem on the verge of getting behind Biden who is wisely trying to get the whole party behind him by going left......

What the fuck Kind of crazy stunt does Trump pull between now and November to try and win?

Voyager

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Trumps economy is done, he knows he is hated by a lot of people, and the Dems seem on the verge of getting behind Biden who is wisely trying to get the whole party behind him by going left......

What the fuck Kind of crazy stunt does Trump pull between now and November to try and win?
The crazy shit we know he's going to pull is already giving me anxiety.

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
I still remember the 2008 financial crisis really well. It also happened around the same time period, in the spring of that election year.

I also bought so many dress shirts that went on sale then that I still wear today.

Titik

Oct 25, 2017

Become more left leaning than Biden. Or at least make it look like he is. With a lot of catches, of course.

KingK

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, like Dem leadership (meaning Pelosi and Schumer) have seemed extremely incompetent here. But other members in the Senate (Brown Bennett Booker bill iirc) and House have been drafting bills that included much more generous cash payments and overall much more comprehensive responses to everything. And they were doing it when the GOP was still poo-pooing any response other than tax cuts (which was still their position as recently as Monday if I recall!!). AOC and others were out there saying cash payments would be necessary while Trump was still calling it all a hoax.

Yet going by the media coverage, you would think Trump and the GOP are the only people who have done anything to address this. It's fucking Orwellian. Like I said, Pelosi and Schumer undoubtedly dropped the ball hard in hindsight over the last couple weeks, but the entire media these last few days has been incredibly misleading in its coverage of the politics here.

Oct 27, 2017

Changes the definition of "win" by pardoning some people to keep them quiet, getting a pardon from Pence for federal, and settling with as many state cases as possible before fleeing to exile in another country.

(at least it would indeed be crazy)

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
Guys, have we forgotten that Trump holds the bully pulpit? Like all other presidents take advantage of this all the time...

RiPPn

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix

One rumor was he was trying to buy the cure to Coronavirus, imagine if he had succeeded doing that. "I funded the cure for Coronavirus!"

So the articles and assurances I've recently read are fake and this video posted by this random person is THE TRUTH and WHAT THEY'RE NOT TELLING YOU.

Pretty snarky response. The video is footage of how empty the docks are. You can choose to do with that information as you please.

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019

Targeted online adds to independents and swing voters. You convince the right < million people and that can get you the win

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
What is the exact implication of this line? My mind sprang to an idea that was simultaneously awful and hilarious, but I want to double check.
It's makes unhygienic things hygienic, by using extremely hot water. In a scenario like this, you'd use a cloth or something to clean your bum, and then wash those items using the 'sanitize' setting on your washing machine. Again, if you have one. This will kill germs or viruses, etc.

Otherwise, you submerge those cloths in boiling water for 15 minutes or so before putting them in the wash.

It's how people did this stuff back in the days before disposable diapers, etc.

Last edited:

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
Guys, have we forgotten that Trump holds the bully pulpit? Like all other presidents take advantage of this all the time...
yeah but it was effective for other presidents because the American people gave a shit as to what they think.

No one trusts Trump to handle this except his brainless base that would kiss his ass and tell you it tastes like ice cream. "The base" is not a majority of the country. He's not going to get on TV and announce one good thing and suddenly have the center eating out of the palm of his hand.

wesker83

Dec 3, 2018

Keep pushing checks and touting how awesome he is for helping Americans through this "Chinese Virus Crisis" he helped create. Probably do something super shitty like keeping checks going to red states while suspending checks to blue states. Basically trying to buy votes with taxpayer's money.

KingK

Oct 27, 2017
Idk guys. I know it's just anecdotal, but I've had several people texting me the last couple days, who have never said a word about politics, suddenly asking me about "Trump's $1,000 checks to help people."

Our goldfish-brained media is really mishandling the political coverage of this. Like, badly.

RiPPn

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix

If the virus disappeared tomorrow and we go back to normal I highly doubt everything returns to how it was before. The economy had cracks before and this has blown them wide open. Likely going to take years to recover from the damage already done.

patientzero

Oct 25, 2017
It's makes unhygienic things hygienic, by using extremely hot water. In a scenario like this, you'd use a cloth or something to clean your bum, and then wash those items using the 'sanitize' setting on your washing machine. Again, if you have one. This will kill and germs or viruses, etc.

Otherwise, you submerge those cloths in boiling water for 15 minutes or so before putting them in the wash.

It's how people did this stuff back in the days before disposable diapers, etc.

That makes so much more sense.

My mind went straight to - "Fuck it, just walk around with a grimy ass and make sure to deep clean your clothes." I'm still laughing at the idea of that being good advice.

Deleted member 3082

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What is the exact implication of this line? My mind sprang to an idea that was simultaneously awful and hilarious, but I want to double check.

utMHfKp.png

Status
Not open for further replies.