• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017
Kinda wanna see what happens with a Bernie drop out but Tulsi stays in tbh. How high does her vote share go in any state ?

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
Biden doesn't even need a majority of the delegates remaining. If Bernie won the remaining states 52-48 across the board, Biden would still clinch a majority. Bernie on the other hand would need 63% of the remaining delegates. He needs to significantly outrun his performance in Vermont to win. Everywhere.

He needs to drop. This is dumb.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Bernie getting crushed in FL, hmmm, maybe saying good things about Castro wasn't the greatest idea.

It's beyond irresponsible that he isn't dropping out. So many States going to no large gatherings, restaurants closing, and Bernie still wants thousands of people to show up to vote at polling stations for a doomed run, and he still wants to collect money from people facing economic hardship. It's a really really bad look, and it's long past time for the party to unite against Trump. Get on with it.

Yep, any goodwill and capital he's built up is going to turn hard on him the longer he prolongs this. Those that feared him will turn to resent him if he continues, and that will extend to his message and proposals, potentially hindering others that do see an eventual path to do similar work and carry the torch.

In less interesting times the contest may look different, but now it just looks selfish. It's counter to his message and movement particularly given how much is at stake.

Gashprex

Oct 25, 2017
When your own campaign is comparing you to Tulsi Gabbard, it's time to turn out the lights and head home

gcubed

Oct 25, 2017
That last quote lol, are they aware they can do multiple things at once?
If you want to means test, it's not going to be quick, so you either give to everyone, or find a different way to help.

I'm hopeful that some stupid trump ideas like SBA loans is squashed. They need to be grants, this infatuation with paying back something that is imposed by the government is stupid

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
If you want to means test, it's not going to be quick, so you either give to everyone, or find a different way to help.

I'm hopeful that some stupid trump ideas like SBA loans is squashed. They need to be grants, this infatuation with paying back something that is imposed by the government is stupid
Well I mean they don't have to be means tested. If I have to choose between a multi-millionaire getting what amounts to pennies with the people in need getting their checks 3 weeks earlier as opposed to it being means tested I'll go with the former.

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
Kornacki is saying on MSNBC that turnout in IL will likely be down 20% due to the Coronavirus and that secretary of states should move to doing VBMs fast if the virus (most likely) continues into the fall.
Coronavirus could hand Trump the election if it's still a problem in the fall. Republicans in general seem to care less about taking precautions to avoid getting/spreading the virus.

This decade is off to a hellish start.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017

Screenshot_20200318-003451_Chrome.jpg

His wikipedia page is already updated lmao

SmokeMaxX

Oct 25, 2017
Coronavirus could hand Trump the election if it's still a problem in the fall. Republicans in general seem to care less about taking precautions to avoid getting/spreading the virus.

This decade is off to a hellish start.
They're not going to be able to avoid it for 8 months. Reality will force its way through their delusions.

Oct 27, 2017

Live by the Pelosi, die by the Pelosi

The problem with this part of the article is a) no one has "long said" anything about this crisis (which is part of the problem in that this crisis was let go for too long to get to this point), and b) the house is a deliberative body and certain things will take the full deliberation cycle to get set, not everything can be done through unanimous consent fast-track. Pelosi said this very thing upon passage of the first bill, which McConnell scoffed at on the floor of the Senate.

If Mnuchin can really direct the Treasury to cut even one-time payments to all American households inside of two weeks, why does he even need to meet with Senate Republicans specifically about it?

Box of Kittens

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
My rough estimate is that Lipinski should win the Chicago early vote by about 1100 based on election day results, so even if we assume it's all still out (probably false) he'd need to significantly overperform in the early vote to win.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
If Mnuchin can really direct the Treasury to cut even one-time payments to all American households inside of two weeks, why does he even need to meet with Senate Republicans specifically about it?
It's interesting that Mnuchin can process tens of millions of returns to send money in a few weeks, but he can't "shall provide" one persons tax return after a full year.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm genuinely interested where we'll be when this is all said and done. Does China lose some of the soft power it was rapidly gaining over the last decade?

Do some countries just completely go under from the economic stress? Will Italy/other European countries need to be bailed out by the rest of the EU? It feels like there's a ton of uncertainty here.

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
I'm genuinely interested where we'll be when this is all said and done. Does China lose some of the soft power it was rapidly gaining over the last decade?

Do some countries just completely go under from the economic stress? Will Italy/other European countries need to be bailed out by the rest of the EU? It feels like there's a ton of uncertainty here.
I wonder if Merkel envisioned her last year-and-a-half cleaning up another mess.

Archmage

Oct 25, 2017
I'm a Bernie fan, but it's clear that he should drop out.

He should transition to using his money to create an enduring progressive legacy.

daedalius

Oct 27, 2017
Wife in KC/MO told me tonight that they have had covid tests out for 5 days and no results yet.

It's a fucking disaster

on the bright side (of which there is very little) a lab in MO apparently has a 99% accurate test that can be run in a few hours and can ramp up very quickly for 1000s of tests per day. All the hospitals are sending their tests there now, so hopefully they'll actually turn them around.

oh boy then we can know how many thousands of undiagnosed infections there are!

Status
Not open for further replies.