• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
What's infuriating is they've done absolutely nothing for it. They just seem to be handed these lifelines.

I'm curious if the focus on BLM by Democrats hurt them with other minority groups. There is a lot that the Dems need to unpack there. Latinx voters aren't a monolith and there is an overreliance on "well, these people will vote for us because they are a minority"

Starmud

Oct 27, 2017
Should we be worried about peters in Michigan? I thought he'd be closer to flipping it by now...

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
This is why we need to go all in on charisma for our next candidate. CLOONEY 2024!
images

(I am not really joking.)
Nor am I. If the president is, like Biden will be, more of a center for all the admin to coalesce around, then a petty dictator like Trump, then frankly why the fuck not a smart charismatic non-politician celeb of some sort?

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Should we be worried about peters in Michigan? I thought he'd be closer to flipping it by now...

Michigan is definitely making me sweat right now

I hope we get another large vote dump soon to ease the tension

Either way John James coming way too close for comfort and he isnt going away anytime soon

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
I'm not going to stop saying if yet, but *IF* this holds, Trump world is going to distraught. They believed they were getting the trifecta back. They believed Trump was getting re-elected easily. They're going to be far more disappointed than anyone here.

Great.

So that's advantage Trump?
No. But it means there's more uncertainty than if it was 98%, so the range of feasible outcomes is higher.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

If Trumps ahead by 100k, then you only need ~75% of those pending ballots to be for Biden for him to win. That's exactly on the margin. Crazy tight.

And I feel like that would also be enough to pull Perdue under 50%, but I'm terrible at math so who knows. That's also assuming no ballot splitting, and Ossoff has been running below Biden.

Oct 22, 2020
Regardless of how Georgia shakes out, the Democratic Party needs to give Stacey Abrams all the money and resources she needs to replicate her accomplishments in Georgia nationwide.

She needs to be the architect of our national voter registration and mobilization operation. Spare no expense. Make it happen.

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
kids in cages
killing DACA
anti-immigration
racism
"machismo" of someone who is actually world's biggest snowflake and crybaby

And yet they're gaining votes.
This is what I mean.

How do you actually get through to these voters? What is it going to take?

It might just be impossible.
Look at how Trump started his campaign after riding down that escalator. How he talked about these people.

I just don't get it.

Kormora

Nov 7, 2017
Remember when Biden's campaign manager said this over Twitter?

They knew something was off

Oct 27, 2017
Not to be a broken record, but there's been a lot of reporting on Latino communities being absolutely bombarded with anti-Dem propaganda for years. That's probably why Trump did better with them than in 2016. And winning them back might be like trying to win back Q people at this point...

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
Biden is up 35k votes in Michigan now. It'd be great if it ends up ~100k.

fuck Peters is only down by 23k cmon

Remember when Biden's campaign manager said this over Twitter?

They knew something was off

yep the biden campaign was ALWAYS hammering into people to not believe the polls

Not to be a broken record, but there's been a lot of reporting on Latino communities being absolutely bombarded with anti-Dem propaganda for years. That's probably why Trump did better with them than in 2016. And winning them back might be like trying to win back Q people at this point...

it's a combination of things but definitely - Trump team maintained outreach to Latinos and Hispanics since 2016 and Democrats seemed to only get into the game in the last 6-8 months. their outreach has been atrocious. latinos are a very complex group and it's going to take a herculean effort from democrats to push back against their losses this year. it's an abysmal failure on the part of the DNC & campaigns.

gkryhewy

Oct 29, 2017
Look at how Trump started his campaign after riding down that escalator. How he talked about these people.

I just don't get it.

Legal latino immigrants have a lot of resentment for illegal immigrants, since they often sacrificed a lot of time and effort to immigrate legally. In my experience, they are sympathetic to republican rhetoric on immigration.

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
It's possible that Hispanics who register as D are more likely to lean progressive, hence the support for Bernie, while Hispanics who register as Independents (and a ton do) are more likely to be turned off by progressivism and it's shifting them toward the GOP.

Status
Not open for further replies.