• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
when do people usually announce their running mate? After the Dem candidate is officially picked? Or right before?
Used to be they'd be selected at the convention, a long time ago (in fact til about 80 years ago they'd be picked by the convention, rather than the nominee just picking them themselves), but now probably a little ahead of that.

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
Biden's VP pick will be Harris, bank on it.

Believe his focus on moderate black voters if not the policies, the big gestures. He gave his Super Tuesday speech in Baldwin Hills, not Beverly Hills. In VA, instead of NOVA, he was in South VA. Hes been pretty focused in this regard even with limited funds.

I'd love Kamala to wreck Pence but she doesn't bring a state into play like Stacey does.

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
"We do it too" is a losing argument.

There's no such thing as an education that's not ideologically motivated. It's inherent in the idea of education. It's not a meaningful criticism of authoritarianism on its own. I wouldn't even call this "whataboutism" so much as trying to address an absurdism along the lines of "but you know who ate and drank? Hitler!"

Oct 25, 2017
Bernie's staffers gonna go back to writing scrub articles for The Intercept and Jacobin... right where they started. Can't see many of these people getting hired again.

At least those sites should end up doing very well under a Biden administration!

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
LOL what did Trump do today that caused Dow Jones to sink another 4%? You would think it would surge when Congress approved the $8 billion cash infusion for Coronavirus.

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In Kentucky, the legislature only needs a simple majority to override vetoes, too.

So... what's the point of even having a veto power?

I actually think this is a good proposal too, even if for the wrong reasons. We should have the same at the federal level (and do, to an extent, with the CRA)
Believe me, it gets stupider:

In even-numbered years, sessions may not last more than 60 legislative days, and cannot extend beyond April 15. In odd-numbered years, sessions may not last more than 30 legislative days, and cannot extend beyond March 30.
haha wtf

Rag

Oct 30, 2017
Did H.A. Goodman crawl back under a rock, or did we just not signal boost him this time around? I haven't heard anything from that guy since 2016.

Oct 25, 2017
Stacey is a way better pick than Kamala. She will have sway with southern black voters and is extremely good at speaking to suburban and rural voters. Kamala did nothing this campaign but make black voters dislike her more than they did before she started. She spent months flip flopping on parents of truant kids should be locked up. Just a throughly embarrassing campaign.

She's charismatic and a good orator but well, so is Stacey.

Tamanon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Stacey is a way better pick than Kamala. She will have sway with southern black voters and is extremely good at speaking to suburban and rural voters. Kamala did nothing this campaign but make black voters dislike her more than they did before she started. She spent months flip flopping on parents of truant kids should be locked up. Just a throughly embarrassing campaign.

Does Biden need to shore up the Southern black vote?

Rag

Oct 30, 2017
I wish Stacey Abrams had more name recognition and a stronger resume. I think she's awesome, but I don't think she'd fire people up like Kamala Harris would.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON

I consider Abrams more likely than Harris thanks to Bloomberg dropping out early. I would personally prefer Harris... but Abrams has been the de facto VP nom for the Democrats for a while now and I suspect that's the direction they'll go.

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
Oct 25, 2017
I wish Stacey Abrams had more name recognition and a stronger resume. I think she's awesome, but I don't think she'd fire people up like Kamala Harris would.

Who is Kamala Harris firing up, exactly?

Serious question. I feel like this community in this thread loves her far more than most people do.

(I personally would be fine with Kamala as the pick because she's competent, not because she's exciting or would fire me up, just for the record.)

Oct 25, 2017
Who is Kamala Harris firing up, exactly?

Serious question. I feel like this community in this thread loves her far more than most people do.

(I personally would be fine with Kamala as the pick because she's competent, not because she's exciting or would fire me up, just for the record.)
People in DC think that black woman is enough for black people to be fired up.

When Trump brings Kamala's truancy moms to the VP debate. Lmao.

Status
Not open for further replies.