• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
Wonder if Biden thought Warren was the fiercest of fighters when he was trying to fuck her over on the CFPB

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
Dude I get it but whats the point? Biden is a nasty white cunt like trump. Whats the point of replacing a nasty white guy with another nasty white guy?! I mean you are doing all of this work for nothing?! thats seems weird to me but again I am an outsider maybe there is something that you know that I dont.
Lol they're not even on the same league. 😐
You remind me of kbear with these kind of takes.

Oct 27, 2017
Losing her Senate seat would suck, but she's also like the perfect "Oliva Branch VP" to Bernie's side of the convention. She's an excellent public speaker and debater, even if she's prone to gaffes, and she's the progressive woman you could definitely put side-by-side with Biden to make a strong ticket.

Not to mention, the supermajority in the state can just tell the governor to screw off. :P

If that's an assured thing, of course I'd take it! Both frontrunners need her help no matter what.

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
That doesn't solve the 2022 issue, however.
I mean, maybe, but given the partisan lean of MA, how much more polarized the country is than 2010, and how poor of a candidate Coakley was, you guys are all spooking yourselves way too much on this. She should be in any administration.

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Dude I get it but whats the point? Biden is a nasty white cunt like trump. Whats the point of replacing a nasty white guy with another nasty white guy?! I mean you are doing all of this work for nothing?! thats seems weird to me but again I am an outsider maybe there is something that you know that I dont.

Wow. The hyperbole. Here maybe read this:

And also this:

www.politico.com

Where Joe Biden stands on the biggest 2020 issues

Our policy team breaks down all of the presidential candidate’s proposals on the biggest issues driving the 2020 race.

He's left of Hillary and even Obama. Yes he's made some mistakes in his life and some bad votes. Doesn't make him anywhere near as bad as Trump.

Oct 27, 2017
This is just bizarre and I don't know how you managed to type it.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know why anyone would think Warren would be VP. She's better off influencing his cabinet choices, adding more of her platform to his, and hopefully working on legislation on the newly Dem Senate if all goes well. Biden is the exception, not the role, as a presidential candidate who was picked by the eventual nominee, I think only Bush Sr. had that path in the last 40 years.

The only person who was a candidate I could see as VP is Harris, otherwise I assume it will be a strategic choice from the Senate, House or a Governor.

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017

n big voter registration news out of Nevada, I'm told the Democrats not only registered 10,000 new voters during early voting for the caucus, but 7,000 new voters on Caucus Day. (That means more than a fourth of the voters on Feb. 22 were new voters.)

Coincidentally, Sanders' strongest state.

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like the bone he should throw should be putting more progressive policy in the dem platform.
The "platform" is useless because we're not a parliamentary country where every single member of Congress is elected on a manifesto agreed upon by the party at large. When you vote for an MP, you are voting for them as a conduit to a leader to implement their manifesto. The Dem party platform isn't really something that people read or vote on or care about because individual members of congress will run on their own platforms that supersede anything the party itself could do.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
I don't know why anyone would think Warren would be VP. She's better off influencing his cabinet choices, adding more of her platform to his, and hopefully working on legislation on the newly Dem Senate if all goes well. Biden is the exception, not the role, as a presidential candidate who was picked by the eventual nominee, I think only Bush Sr. had that path in the last 40 years.

The only person who was a candidate I could see as VP is Harris, otherwise I assume it will be a strategic choice from the Senate, House or a Governor.
Edwards was also a fellow candidate when Kerry picked him in 04, unless you mean instances where the ticket actually won.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Wow. The hyperbole. Here maybe read this:

And also this:

www.politico.com

Where Joe Biden stands on the biggest 2020 issues

Our policy team breaks down all of the presidential candidate’s proposals on the biggest issues driving the 2020 race.

He's left of Hillary and even Obama. Yes he's made some mistakes in his life and some bad votes. Doesn't make him anywhere near as bad as Trump.

Yeah the misinformation used to attack Biden is almost as silly as the stuff used to Attack Bernie

Lets be honest about where they are both at RIGHT NOW

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I get that they don't want to risk a special election but the wording at the end still worries me.

He needs to throw Progressives a bone.

This is the problem with absolutism. Throwing progressives a bone gets Biden nothing, because they don't want a bone. The progressive block that Biden can't win over with his progressive platform sees an existential crisis for which half-measures are not enough ( and are actually offensive). They may, or may not, vote for Biden but it won't be because of the "politics as usual" approach of compromise. It is actually exactly what they deride: the sheer pragmatism of Biden v Trump that will get them on board and nothing else

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
If the only two progressive options are Bernie or Warren then the progressive wing is small as heck. There are other progressive folks out there who make a better veep than Warren. I love her to bits but she'd be wasted there.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, maybe, but given the partisan lean of MA, how much more polarized the country is than 2010, and how poor of a candidate Coakley was, you guys are all spooking yourselves way too much on this. She should be in any administration.
I was going to say that if Markey loses you could just appoint him but holy shit their primary's not til September. wtf Mass.

Plutone

Oct 25, 2017
God Biden can fuck off. What a fucking piece of shit. I'm still going to crawl over broken glass to vote for him.

LGHT_TRSN

Oct 25, 2017
Direct representation of the left wing of the party on the ticket would be much more reassuring.

That only gives us two options though, one of which is is older than Biden and the other of which could lose us a Senate seat.

I would love a Biden/Warren ticket but if it means losing a senate seat it's not worth it.

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The "platform" is useless because we're not a parliamentary country where every single member of Congress is elected on a manifesto agreed upon by the party at large. When you vote for an MP, you are voting for them as a conduit to a leader to implement their manifesto. The Dem party platform isn't really something that people read or vote on or care about because individual members of congress will run on their own platforms that supersede anything the party itself could do.

Sure but I do think that Bernie getting changes to the platform inherently pushed the window left on the dem party. Biden also pushing for more progressive ideas normalizes them.

I would prefer that over kneecapping warren in the VP slot.

ZeroRed

Oct 27, 2017
I guess Twitter and the 24hr news networks are going to lament and romanticize Warren now, at least for a single news day, like they didn't play a role in the shitshow by focusing on and stoking sensational aspects of this race.

Pooh

Oct 25, 2017
The Hundred Acre Wood
I'm not saying it's the "best" choice, and I'm not sure who would be, but I think Liz would be a fantastic president and being Biden's VP would do a lot to advance to that goal.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
God Biden can fuck off. What a fucking piece of shit. I'm still going to crawl over broken glass to vote for him.

Just have to tell ourselves that its more than just Biden we are voting for

Its his VP, His potential cabinet and all the people he will heed and listen to with regards to policy decisions

ZeroRed

Oct 27, 2017
I really wanted to see what Warren's cabinet would look like. I hope she gets to influence the choices if there's a Democrat President.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Round and round it goes.

Like, I actually agree with the argument that "basing your vote purely based on whether supporters were mean to you/your candidate of choice" is shallow from a bird's eye view, but like.... you can't call a person's candidate snake snake snake repeatedly and then expect people that don't see things the same way as you in the first place to suddenly think your opinion has weight. Like, choose to make childish jokes about candidates for laughs or try to be an advocate for your candidate. Pick one. You can't have both.
yep. Organizing and movement building is not just an intellectual exercise, it has to be an emotionally appealing one too. Campaigning would be a hell of a lot easier if it was purely policy focused, but expanding coalitions and creating solidarity also involves the hard work of, you know, being nice to people. And not just because you're forced to be.

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Coakley would probably run again 🙄

I mean, there is a whole Hollywood movie about how shitty and stubborn she is

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
You know what's weird to me? Even women hold harsher views of women in politics. It's like at what point is sexism weeded out?

Plutone

Oct 25, 2017
Man the rest of the country really needs to catch up to WA, we can just mail our ballots in

That was good LMAO

Thanks I needed that

Just have to tell ourselves that its more than just Biden we are voting for

Its his VP, His potential cabinet and all the people he will heed and listen to with regards to policy decisions

You're right and I know this, but it's always good to reiterate.

Status
Not open for further replies.