• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
#mgs3snakesalute for Elizabeth Warren. She annihilated a bunch of crappy nominees (especially ending Bloomberg's political career) on her way so she gets my respect. Hope her ideas and policies persist.

Bloom might never have taken off, but there's no reason to risk a horror scenario like that. Warren destroying him was satisfying to watch.

Oct 25, 2017
And with that, goes my other quietly-held desire for the nomination (the other was Harris).

Her and the rest of the Squad/not-squad-but-also-pretty-damn-progressive looking to get that sort of thing done and move up to do it probably don't want to be tied down by him and his two-time bridesmaid performances either. At a certain point, he's helped all that he can.

Man she dislikes.

Man whose fanbase dislikes her.

Decisions, decisions.

But wait! There's more!

Oh snap

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
And with that, goes my other quietly-held desire for the nomination (the other was Harris).

Her and the rest of the Squad/not-squad-but-also-pretty-damn-progressive looking to get that sort of thing done and move up to do it probably don't want to be tied down by him and his two-time bridesmaid performances either. At a certain point, he's helped all that he can. (I surmise this from AOCs and Omar's twitter yesterday)

Man she dislikes.

Decisions, decisions.

But wait! There's more!

Is the idea that if they jettison Netanyahu the right-wing can form a majority government?

Ac30

Oct 30, 2017
London

Her and the rest of the Squad/not-squad-but-also-pretty-damn-progressive looking to get that sort of thing done and move up to do it probably don't want to be tied down by him and his two-time bridesmaid performances either. At a certain point, he's helped all that he can. (I surmise this from AOCs and Omar's twitter yesterday)

Man she dislikes.

Decisions, decisions.

But wait! There's more!

!!!!!!

platypotamus

Oct 25, 2017
So I guess after the recent election, Israel ended up right back where it started?

Better than a straight Bibi win though

Can someone who understands other governments explain why it says Netenyahu lacks a majority to form a government, but it doesn't say that Gantz has a majority and can form a government, because that's what the numbers look like as far as my understanding of math goes...

Gurgelhals

Oct 27, 2017
Can someone who understands other governments explain why it says Netenyahu lacks a majority to form a government, but it doesn't say that Gantz has a majority and can form a government, because that's what the numbers look like as far as my understanding of math goes...

The hypothetical majority of 62 seats would have to be a coalition of i) the centrist Blue and White party, ii) the center-left Labor party, iii) Lieberman's secular right-wing nationalists and iv) the Joint List, which is the (ideologically very left wing) party of the Israeli Arabs. For all too obvious reasons, such a coalition is never going to happen.

Yes, Bibi doesn't have a majority anymore since Lieberman fell out with him, but neither does the other side. Basically, the only stable majority would come out of a Likud/Blue & White coalition (69 out of 120 seats) and that's not going to happen as long as Bibi remains the leader of Likud.

platypotamus

Oct 25, 2017
The hypothetical majority of 62 seats would have to be a coalition of i) the centrist Blue and White party, ii) the center-left Labor party, iii) Lieberman's secular right-wing nationalists and iv) the Joint List, which is the (ideologically very left wing) party of the Israeli Arabs. For all too obvious reasons, such a coalition is never going to happen.

Yes, Bibi doesn't have a majority anymore since Lieberman fell out with him, but neither does the other side. Basically, the only stable majority would come out of a Likud/Blue & White coalition (69 out of 120 seats) and that's not going to happen as long as Bibi remains the leader of Likud.

Thank you, I lacked all that insight into the different parties making up the two groups in that initial tweet and this was helpful!

Oct 25, 2017
I love how Schock still has to let us know that his political views still "don't align" with the rest of the gay community. basically, im "still a republican and fuck coloreds".

Feb 14, 2018
My dad told me he'll vote for Biden in the primary. This is a huge shock to me since he's been on the Bernie train since 2015. He can't stand Biden and has been begging for someone else to take the lead all year. But he's ready for this to be over and to start the work to beat Trump. He also believes now, based on Super Tuesday results, that Biden has the best chance of beating Trump.

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hope Schock keeps getting laid into when he tries to be a part of the community he doesnt give two shits about. He wants to participate in gay culture without any of the negatives that he has helped inflict. His "apology" is also complete horseshit

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Elizabeth Warren is, by many magnitudes, the best presidential candidate, and America let her down. I don't know if America will ever properly deal with the deep seeded sexism that is destroying the country.

As for Mr. Schock, he has years of hideous mistakes to make amends for, and this long winded "apology" doesn't seem to indicate he understands that.

Katonix

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Bernie has a grumpy streak but I wouldn't call him an asshole
I meant trump and biden. Poor bernie does not have a chance I think. He is relatively much better than the other two.

Name recognition goes extremely far in primaries, and Biden was a universally-known name from day one. He's a call back to when things were sane under Obama, and his more centrist talking points bring in more people. In an election where a dramatic % of dem voters just want to beat Trump more than any other consideration, people go with the safe pick. It's not like a ton of people WANT to vote for Biden. They just feel like they need to. Dramatically better chances at a good November result at the cost of substantially lower enthusiasm.

That Biden is the best pick to beat Trump is not debatable. Even if you wan to debate the 1-on-1, dems desperately needs senate seats just as much as the presidency, and Biden helps that cause a ton when you have to somehow win seats out of Arizona and North Carolina.
That is my point. Why you want to change an asshole who wants to date his own daughter with someone who want to force himself on children infront of crowds? I mean what is the point?! is it just because biden carries a democratic brand? Bernie makes much more sense to me but I am an outsider (Travel to America a lot tho) so maybe I am missing something.

Oct 25, 2017
I meant trump and biden. Poor bernie does not have a chance I think. He is relatively much better than the other two.

That is my point. Why you want to change an asshole who wants to date his own daughter with someone who want to force himself on children infront of crowds? I mean what is the point?! is it just because biden carries a democratic brand? Bernie makes much more sense to me but I am an outsider (Travel to America a lot tho) so maybe I am missing something.

Voters want to minimize risk to a point. Biden feels much more electable than Bernie, and his embrace of and proximity to Obama is a large reason why.

Katonix

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Voters want to minimize risk to a point. Biden feels much more electable than Bernie, and his embrace of and proximity to Obama is a large reason why.
Dude I get it but whats the point? Biden is a nasty white cunt like trump. Whats the point of replacing a nasty white guy with another nasty white guy?! I mean you are doing all of this work for nothing?! thats seems weird to me but again I am an outsider maybe there is something that you know that I dont.

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

That's pretty astonishing -- not the sentiment, but the fact that Joe Biden's social media team came up with it

I feel like this just has more to do with them/him not announcing or planning to announce anything VP related. But, also, yes.

On the flip side... if we go with this take as their intent, it's a pretty stupid statement. Why mention the Senate in that case? Why not just say we continue to need her voice?

Oct 27, 2017
Risking a Republican governor to choose a Senator to replace Warren? Yeah no, you want the senate for Democrats? She'll have to remain there for now.

Now that Warren's out of the race and it's down to these two, I can say I think she would have made the best chief executive with a smart wonk-like cabinet. Not infallible of course, but diverse and with many more women.

It's still possible for Biden to get closer to this. I can see a lot of WH veterans trying to get back in of course, but with Biden's sentimentality on full display I can see him going for new younger people like Buttigieg and O'Rourke too. Sanders' cabinet possiblities are still a complete mystery to me.

All Biden has talked about since Tuesday is winning the house and Senate. Because the Biden campaign has been so barebones, it will be easier to incorporate freed-up resources from campaigns that recently dropped out. If Biden somehow ends up recruiting a progressive Megazord to stand beside Voltron, with Warren helping choose the components, that may satisfy enough people who are also ready to take it to Trump.

Through all this it's clear that AOC is learning, and quickly.

Oct 25, 2017
Dude I get it but whats the point? Biden is a nasty white cunt like trump. Whats the point of replacing a nasty white guy with another nasty white guy?! I mean you are doing all of this work for nothing?! thats seems weird to me but again I am an outsider maybe there is something that you know that I dont.

Because Biden is nothing like Trump and is leagues better.

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Yes you have no idea what you are talking about if you think Biden and trump are remotely close.

Vena

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Risking a Republican governor to choose a Senator to replace Warren? Yeah no, you want the senate for Democrats? She'll have to remain there for now.

Now that Warren's out of the race and it's down to these two, I can say I think she would have made the best chief executive with a smart wonk-like cabinet. Not infallible of course, but diverse and with many more women.

It's still possible for Biden to get closer to this. I can see a lot of WH veterans trying to get back in of course, but with Biden's sentimentality on full display I can see him going for new younger people like Buttigieg and O'Rourke too. Sanders' cabinet possiblities are still a complete mystery to me.

All Biden has talked about since Tuesday is winning the house and Senate. Because the Biden campaign has been so barebones, it will be easier to incorporate freed-up resources from campaigns that recently dropped out. If Biden somehow ends up recruiting a progressive Megazord to stand beside Voltron, with Warren helping choose the components, that may satisfy enough people who are also ready to take it to Trump.

Through all this it's clear that AOC is learning, and quickly.

Losing her Senate seat would suck, but she's also like the perfect "Oliva Branch VP" to Bernie's side of the convention. She's an excellent public speaker and debater, even if she's prone to gaffes, and she's the progressive woman you could definitely put side-by-side with Biden to make a strong ticket.

Not to mention, the supermajority in the state can just tell the governor to screw off. :P

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
People are far too petrified of another Trump term that they can't take one iota of a risk when choosing the nominee. In a different primary she would have been more competitive but people really want this thing to be over and pick the safest choice.

Warren could get another shot if we lose the WH in 2020 though. She still has a lot of years left under her belt. Though after this performance I don't think she would want to try again.

Status
Not open for further replies.