• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
My dad told me that Trump had the highest turnout yesterday than all of the Democrats combined in Texas, is that true or just BS lol
Yeah about 85k more. Altho dem districts got fucked and Rs had their own primaries besides Trump. For instance, this happened in Harris County (Houston):

Texas et al is likely not going to flip but House seats and state seats will likely.

edit:

Trump/Texas/Dem Primary Numbers are odd? Decision Desk says:

Donald J. Trump: 1,889,132

GOP Primary: 1,936,858 total votes

Dem Primary: 2,215,677 total votes

Last edited:

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

SSF1991

Jun 19, 2018
Again reiterating the point that most people are fine with Sanders' policies and messaging... they just don't like the guy as president but more importantly they just don't like him against Trump. Most people are not actually super ecstatic about Biden, they are just tolerating him as the best chance against Trump. Biden is a white slate that voters can use as a means to vote against Trump.

I sometimes wonder what would happen if someone like AOC ran, or a different progressive that isn't Bernie specifically. Or if either Trump was gone or the progressive was a little calmer in their temperment.

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
Oh my god.

Bernie is defending how badly he did in the south among black voters by saying he did well in California.

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
OH MY GOD

Bernie literally just said that he's doing poorly among black voters in the south because Biden touts that he was Obama's Veep.

Oct 25, 2017
This interview makes it sound like Bernie's plan for dealing with his issues reaching Black voters is... nothing and he's doing fine, actually. He wants to do better but *shrug* Obama VP or Clinton's popularity so

It's just weird he doesn't really have an answer for his issues in the south. Still.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I sometimes wonder what would happen if someone like AOC ran, or a different progressive that isn't Bernie specifically. Or if either Trump was gone or the progressive was a little calmer in their temperment.
We already had a bunch of progressives in this primary, they were just too overshadowed by Bernie. And apparently the "progressives" drew a line in the sand when it came to M4A... anyone not 100% on Bernie's side was deemed a centrist.

I think it very much depends on who wins this election and what type of healthcare we get passed if any. Then we have to see how impactful it is. If Democrats are able to pass some public option and there are still widespread healthcare issues then M4A is going to be a rallying cry yet again.

Hopfrog

Oct 27, 2017
Motherfucker got impeached for that shit and he wants to keep reminding people?

9j156.gif

Oct 25, 2017
"This has never been done."
"You did it in 2016!"
"No, we lost in 2016!"

I... What.

I kind of dodged Bernie interviews when he looked like the frontrunner because traditionally walking him talk hasn't helped my impression of him at all. This is making me think that was the right call.

Arm Van Dam

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 30, 2019
Illinois

SpitztheGreat

May 16, 2019
I'm not watching, but it sounds like Bernie is doing everything he can to show us why he is incapable of leading the party.

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
Bernie is now claiming that Biden asked Obama to endorse, and that there is enormous pressure for Obama to endorse. But Obama told Biden no.

Aaaaaand he just said he won't drop out even if Biden got a majority/plurality until it's all over.

And we're now bitching about super delegates.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not watching, but it sounds like Bernie is doing everything he can to show us why he is incapable of leading the party.

It really feels like he's learned nothing, his people learned nothing from yesterday, and the plan to react to yesterday's results is... change nothing, REVOLUTION.

Skepticism about his ability to actually find a way to get his plans passed in office isn't going to be alleviated by his inability to do anything, at all, to adapt to a primary that isn't turning into the youth revolution he's been banking on.

Again confirming he'll support the vote leader, at least, even if it sounds like he's sticking it out for all the votes.

ChucklesB

Nov 4, 2017
That Biden response is completely awful and maybe people should read some more black responses on these things before they engage with it.

twitter.com

Bree Newsome Bass on Twitter

“This messaging is so insidious in its implications & is what makes Biden dangerous, b/c he'll be given free reign to take us further and further down historical revisionism nonsense since we have no other viable options to run against 45 & any criticism of him will be suppressed”

I know this is pages back, but I did want to return to his as a genuine question of what a proper response is here for something short-form like this presser would be. Should Biden not mention African-Americans at all in this response about establishment voting? I just mean to say, he did dominate AA polling, so don't you have to talk about African-Americans somehow in that response and give them credit for helping him win big on Tuesday?

Now, in a longer form, would one potential response be something like basically saying "I understand I've fucked up in the past on minority issues and that I am perhaps just getting votes because I am the lesser of two evils or that minorities in this country have usually had to just choose who will do less harm rather than the most good. In a perfect, world I would earn the vote by putting the best ideas forward and bringing the most people to my side because they're excited for the help I can give to them in their day to day lives. And I want to do more of that moving forward."

Really, I'm just trying to grapple with this as well because I can't claim to say I always have a good barometer of this shit as a white bro in upper middle class suburbia.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
Bernie is now claiming that Biden asked Obama to endorse, and that there is enormous pressure for Obama to endorse. But Obama told Biden no.

Aaaaaand he just said he won't drop out even if Biden got a majority/plurality until it's all over.

And we're now bitching about super delegates.

Once again- I told y'all this would happen

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017

Colby Itkowitz @ColbyItkowitz

In case you were wondering what a Trump v Biden general election would look like, Trump confirms on Hannity that Ukraine/Hunter "will be a major issue in the campaign. I will bring that up all the time."

9:28 PM - Mar 4, 2020

That's going to lose any effectiveness fast. They got caught in the middle of their staging of this fake scandal and it all came out a year earlier than it was supposed to, and not by them. It's been blunted.

SpitztheGreat

May 16, 2019
I'll need to watch this later tonight because it sounds like one of those interviews that we'll be talking about for a long time.

less

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck holy at Bernie melting down. God bless Clyburn and Biden for dominating SC and everyone rallying behind him.

MizerMan

Oct 25, 2017
Oct 27, 2017
His version of Obama's staying out of the primary is different than Biden's. Biden says he didn't want Obama to be involved. Sanders says Obama was the one who said he didn't want to be involved. Ugh, which is it?

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Joe is not a great speaker but if you get Bernie off message for even a second he completely loses it. On one hand he genuinely does believe these things but as a politician if my issues is electability I cant trust you if you fold under the slightest bit of pressure

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
Bernie seems completely flustered by the results of last night

If you look at how he heightened the rhetoric against the establishment even more after he became the frontrunner...I really think he started feeling himself too much and thinking he had this in the bag.

He bought into his own hype and thought he could win without ever having to preach unity.

Status
Not open for further replies.