• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OfficerRob

Oct 25, 2017
Maddow is hitting Sanders with all kinds of data about how Bernie is underperforming, and all Bernie can say is "I haven't seen these numbers"

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
We've only had two virgo presidents: LBJ and Taft. The established cosmos was stacked against Bernie boy.

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
He gets asked a question...and then he answers it with a stump....even if it has nothing to do with the question being asked.

ChucklesB

Nov 4, 2017
That's always been the Clinton's blind spot. Allowing self absorbed barnacles to influence them. Loyalty to Clinton World was valued higher--in some cases--than expertise or generally just not being a national embarrassment.

Season 2 of Slow Burn (Slate podcast) is a good look at this by going through everything leading up to and including the Clinton Impeachment.

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
Man, I had to turn off this Bernie interview. Shit is hard to watch. Bernie sounds like he's in complete denial and is flailing for any little tiny lifeline. I honestly feel sorry for him.

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
Judging by what's been posted in the last couple of minutes. It seems Bernie shit the bed.

Does he not prepare for interviews?

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
You've just described like 99% of politicians!
No, no. He's in a different class. He was confronted with the fact he's not winning working class voters, he said that's wrong he actually is, and then went off on his millionaires, billionaires, I'm not radical, Medicare for All.

This interview encapsulates, perfectly, why he can get 30% of the vote and then it all starts to fall apart.

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
Judging by what's been posted in the last couple of minutes. It seems Bernie shit the bed.

If you like Bernie, you probably like what he's doing. But that's the problem. There is nothing in here for anyone who doesn't already #FeelTheBern.
The segment about his inability to do the things he said he'd do re: turnout were horrible.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
No, no. He's in a different class. He was confronted with the fact he's not winning working class voters, he said that's wrong he actually is, and then went off on his millionaires, billionaires, I'm not radical, Medicare for All.

This interview encapsulates, perfectly, why he can get 30% of the vote and then it all starts to fall apart.
Completely unrelated to your post, I just wanted to tell you I'm happy to see you rocking the Hillary avatar again.

Vector

Feb 28, 2018
Bernie is like this massive anchor tied to the ankles of Progressives at this point.

Looking forward to not having him play any part in national politics in the years to come. His contributions were super important and he'll always be a figure in the movement, but it's time to move forward and be more inclusive of people who don't necessarily pass all our purity tests because you cannot win with an insular movement.

AOC picked up on this almost instantly and it's really encouraging to see.

Pixieking

Oct 25, 2017
Endorsements = surrogates (or can do, anyways)... But Tim Ryan and Marianne Orblady? I'm too busy giggling to finish that train of thought.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
That's what I'm wondering. Tim Ryan isn't exactly a moving voice within the party.
I honestly think nobody else did which makes it so funny. It feels like Tim Ryan is trying to make it seem like the candidates were tripping over themselves to ask for his endorsement and he was heavily weighing who to endorse when in reality everyone forgot about him lmao

SpitztheGreat

May 16, 2019

Maddow is weird like that. I've seen her be absolute fluff with some guests, and then hammer other guests. I actually really dislike her interviews largely because some times they go completely unchallenged, and then other times she brings scorching heat on every question.

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
Maddow is weird like that. I've seen her be absolute fluff with some guests, and then hammer other guests. I actually really dislike her interviews largely because some times they go completely unchallenged, and then other times she brings scorching heat on every question.
It's actually been a lot of fluff. There's been no scorch. She pushed back a tiny bit and he went off on his rigged, millionaires, billionaires, thing.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
I'm not convinced Sanders endorses Biden once it is over.

He's legitimately shook here, this is worse than Hillary. I think at the back of his mind he always thought running in 2020 (whether against a republican or primarying Hillary) was a possibility. But there's no way he makes it to 2024. Biden has ended his revolution, and I don't think he can handle it.

SwordsmanofS

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think we're going to see a large contrast in the coming hour on MSNBC. In the next hour, there's an extended interview with Joe Biden, followed by Amy Klobuchar coming on to stan for him live.

Endorsements and alliance building pay off.

Status
Not open for further replies.