• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
WTF are you doing Hildago lol
Bloomberg is legitimately showing that his cash blanketing media strategy had real payoff here.

It's obviously not enough to win, but holy shit am I glad we'll have it on our side this election. We don't want to nominate a billionaire, but we'll gladly take the fucking money.

maabus1999

Oct 26, 2017
Election day in California is going to be the final story tonight. I'm sure the early vote went for Sanders heavily but if Biden has similar momentum there and keeps this close, I think that will be our final chapter tonight for Sanders.

Jiggy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
wherever
Bloomberg is legitimately showing that his cash blanketing media strategy had real payoff here.

It's obviously not enough to win, but holy shit am I glad we'll have it on our side this election. We don't want to nominate a billionaire, but we'll gladly take the fucking money.

Yeah, but what is Bloomberg gonna want in return for giving away his infinite money machine.

Vector

Feb 28, 2018

Using Bloomberg's money to get wins then pass legislation to outlaw unlimited spending and dark money in politics is the definition of chaotic good lmao

KHarvey16

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yes, but that's a voter allocation/EC allocation problem not a numbers problem.

Americans are left leaning by a majority.

Which is more or less another way to say the sane thing. It's not the elected officials, it's the people electing those officials. It's the people who ensure only those ideologies are representing large portions. Blaming Manchin, as a random example, isn't a fruitful strategy because those voters aren't going to go the left of him and the hidden magical uncounted progressive voting masses theory hasn't really played out ever. These people are just a product of the system and the voters.

Crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
Eh, there are a few places in his platform Biden could stand to move left. I don't see much need for any "progressive" to drop out if Biden cleans up tonight. Get some reasonable concessions at the convention.

Oct 27, 2017

Also his Obama-invoking.

However, his money being guaranteed isn't guaranteed, yet, I don't think.

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
Bernie needs to drop. He has no path forward.

giphy.gif

fragamemnon

Nov 30, 2017
Like I am giving the Bernie people some space to mourn. They really liked their guy and losing sucks.

They hate Trump and will come around. Just give them a moment to be upset, it's normal!

OP
OP
TheHunter

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Which is more or less another way to say the sane thing. It's not the elected officials, it's the people electing those officials. It's the people who ensure only those ideologies are representing large portions. Blaming Manchin, as a random example, isn't a fruitful strategy because those voters aren't going to go the left of him and the hidden magical uncounted progressive voting masses theory hasn't really played out ever. These people are just a product of the system and the voters.

But I'm saying it's the system's fault; the majority want those progressive policies.

Dec 31, 2017
If Biden ends up in the decisive lead tonight, then so be it.

However, I really don't see what exactly he's done to "earn" the surge that he's getting, other than simply exist and be "electable," and get endorsements from moderates in the final hour. No active campaigning, no new or exciting ideas. If that appeals to the American electorate, then fine I suppose, but his entire campaign has been the Luigi strategy.

Status
Not open for further replies.