• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
Old people like Booty.

But yeah, once the conversation gets serious I'm sure he'll probably pick a woman. It definitely does seem though his heart is with Pete right now.
Which speaks to his poor political instincts. And again, does nothing to help him with the voters who actually didn't vote for him in the primary.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
Ironically Obama very nearly picked a VP in 2008 who could have helped him swing Indiana (Evan Bayh), and then he went with Biden instead, and won Indiana anyway.

Definitely not happening with Pete though.

Box of Kittens

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I don't really see a good argument for Pete as VP. It'd be a worse Tim Kaine pick for Biden and just doesn't really fit with Sanders in just about any way.

SolarPowered

Oct 28, 2017
Honestly if Bernie has more than a hundred delegate lead then that's going to send the "establishment" into a panic.

I think the issue here is that they took too long to endorse. Harry Reid should have endorsed Biden prior to Nevada. Pete and Amy should have dropped out on the day of SC and endorsed, they wasted two days. Beto as soon as he dropped out etc.

That said I also think that having a ton of endorsements on a single day is better than having them sprinkled about. I just think this should have happened weeks before. The story might already be written for ST.
I don't think Harry Reid or the Culinary bosses wanted to be embarrassed by their own state when they endorse and Bernie still wins +20.
Breh, high schools are closing up here when really, they just need to add more of those hand sanitizer dispensers.

If people just wash their hands and wipe down their electronics, that would go a long way.
I swore I deleted that post you're responding to lol. That said, is the standard sanitizer really enough for this? I genuinely don't know. I've taken to washing my hands more frequently than now and coughing into my shoulder instead.

*shrugs shoulders*

Last edited:

ZeroRed

Oct 27, 2017
I think Pete would demolish Pence in a VP debate (and part of me would love to see that), but I hope Biden has someone else in mind. Pete would be a good cabinet pick, and he's probably been promised something.

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Biden is not picking Butti.

He would do well to throw somewhat of a wing to the Bernie wing of the party but neither bernje nor warren I think would be good picks for him. Is there someone younger closely aligned with Bernie who could be a good pick?

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
But the other day when a lot of us were saying Bernie would need to pick a moderate or more moderate we were told to just fall in line......

Oct 26, 2017
What's great that with all these drop-outs and endorsements happening the last 72 hours, all the polls from the last several weeks are completely useless and no one really knows what it is going to happen tomorrow. No one really knows how much the last 72 hours has permeated to the Democratic primary electorate. Sanders could still have a very dominant Super Tuesday or Biden could turn it into a tipping point where the race really does shift in his direction.

Oct 26, 2017

Beto is back, in pog form

Biden really gonna run his sleepwalker campaign to the end via the help of everyone and anyone in the party.

Well that makes sense, field has narrowed down, Liz is on her way out any time now, and the party is doing whatever it can to stop Bernie from forcing their hand leftward. I was a Beto supporter back when he was running and now am supporting Bernie, but I understand him being uncomfortable taking that leap left especially when he may have a political career in Texas down the road. I'm a bit uncomfortable with some of Bernie's ideas too, but I think it would be better to lean into his movement, excitement, ground game, and potential youth turnout to secure a victory in the general. Although I can't help but get cold feet about Bernie, we'll see if he can hold his lead now that there are less moderates.

But hey, at least it wasn't Bloomberg. Fuck that guy.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Good to hear about that.

But thanks for giving Dems ideas when we take the Senate!

JesseEwiak

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
It would have to get through both chambers, so there is no shot at that happening at this point. Although I do see some moderate Senate Dems that are signing onto this........... How this was missed in 2008 is baffling.

Pelosi and leadership is nowhere dumb enough to let this thing pass without having both Houses and a Democratic President, but it is helpful to have as something to point too if the GOP stop talking about "court packing" if President Biden or Sanders sign a similar bill.

SolarPowered

Oct 28, 2017
I mean Pete has serious documented racial issues that he still has no answer for and Amy reportedly abuses her staff. Both have more than earned some of that vitriol coming their way. As for online supporters, we're still talking about a tiny sliver of the electorate. What about 5-6% involved in politics at all using Twitter - and an even smaller percentage that would be dedicated Bernie supporters. And yet a smaller percentage that were engaging in that type of activity.

I'd say Klob's staff issues are the least of her problems.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
This might just be a case of me paying more attention now than I did 10 years ago, but does anyone else feel like Biden talks about the House and Senate way more than Obama did?

Dr. Benton Quest

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
It's pretty clear Sanders is going into the convention with the most votes and the most delegates.

Giving the nomination to someone else isn't going to just upset Sanders supporters.

It would be a disaster.

Oct 27, 2017
- man who has been in Congress for 30 years.

This worked last time. Obviously he didn't win the nomination, but he was able to put a LOT of pressure on the party and the nominee.

The concern I have is what if the voters decide in the next couple of months that "running on Obama" is the best way to counter Trump's Burisma and fake news stuff, and counter Trump himself to a decisive Democratic victory? Some voters already see Biden as that acceptable Obama legacy holder. But Bloomberg just went and took some Obama endorsement for himself, even before Biden really did, and it worked for Bloomberg. It's possible this is how voters will want this to go down leading up to November.

Sanders' campaign should have evaluated this possibility and been better prepared than tonight's "LOL" and "...the establishment..." remarks. Does the kind of pressure that was so effective in 2016 just go away just because Biden is getting some momentary popularity? How does complaining about the establishment help any of the people who need financial and medical help now? His rally speech tonight was focused more on Trump than on the people who need help.

Same with Warren's campaign. We'll see what Warren says when her rally comes up a little later tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.