• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyra

The Eggplant Queen
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
well, I suppose it's a good that so many Dems have won elections the last couple years!
Isn't this one a little different though? Does this one not count a bit more than those others? I dont see how Bernie does not have the broader appeal even if its potential. I can only see his ability to move younger people a net positive when its much more likely older people will see the D and fill in the circle.

Allard

Oct 25, 2017
There are dozens of us. Ill vote for anyone though - even an inanimate carbon rod or a wet fart.

Its the calculus behind some of the reason people are going for Biden. I personally wished he never entered the race, but a good deal of voters are tired of the political chaos, are tired of having an embarassment of Trump in office, but they also don't want to 'revolutionize' their lives just to get him out. The one thing that has changed my opinion of him winning (for the better, not because I felt he was simply going to sleep walk over the finish line) is he absolutely seems to have some actual backing now that isn't just a couple very dedicated donors. Clyburn, likely several of the previous presidental candidates, now Reid and Rice. These are all still respected people who can and will get people out and advocate for him even if he personally isn't as good about doing it. Plus if he has more stump speeches like he had after winning South Carolina, it will go a VERY long way to bringing the party together.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
How long before Trump brags about "his" stock market again? Huge day today. However, it's still over 4% lower than when he said just over a week ago, "Stock market looks good to me."

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017
You know what else is yikes. Biden completely fucking fabricating a made up story about getting arrested in Sourh Africa trying to free Nelson Mandela. I have literally less than zero interest in reading into those sorts of insinuations about what Bernie's quotes "really" mean until a single fucking person holds Biden accountable for absolutely any of the complete horseshit lies he spews directly out of his mouth

I actually would like a link to a real account showing Bernie actually said that. It's stupid as fuck and for the most part he's dropped that nonsense from last cycle but I don't trust horse whisperer at all

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Isn't this one a little different though? Does this one not count a bit more than those others? I dont see how Bernie does not have the broader appeal even if its potential. I can only see his ability to move younger people a net positive when its much more likely older people will see the D and fill in the circle.
I'm inclined to think so too, which is why I feel Bernie, while a risky bet, feels somewhat less risky to me than Biden. At the same time, if more voters end up going to Biden than Bernie in the primary, what does that say about where the will of the voters is? I would also think that older voters would be more likely to vote D no matter what compared to younger votes. But I also don't know that for sure.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017

I see we bringing out the oldies again.

This is the shit I don't like about Bernie. For fuck's sake you're still the frontrunner. Stop with the damned resentment campaign. Just say you welcome the chance to debate with Biden policies that will help the country move forward and you think you have the better ideas to help more people blah blah blah. That shit. Not this.

eebster

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
You know what else is yikes. Biden completely fucking fabricating a made up story about getting arrested in Sourh Africa trying to free Nelson Mandela. I have literally less than zero interest in reading into those sorts of insinuations about what Bernie's quotes "really" mean until a single fucking person holds Biden accountable for absolutely any of the complete horseshit lies he spews directly out of his mouth

I actually would like a link to a real account showing Bernie actually said that. It's stupid as fuck and for the most part he's dropped that nonsense from last cycle but I don't trust horse whisperer at all

Good luck getting Adam to hold other candidates to the same standards he holds Bernie to

Iolo

Oct 27, 2017
Britain
I did decide to vote by mail so I can fill out my ballot as early or as late as I want to, probably depending on the results Tuesday.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
The Berners on Twitter now want Warren to drop out and endorse him, after they've been maligning and slandering her for months.

What a farce.

Oct 25, 2017

I mean, has Biden's clarification of what actually happened been called into question? He clearly phrased things misleadingly at first, but unless the detained at airport version has also been debunked, it's backed by an event that happened. Not saying everyone has to accept his explanation as satisfactory and excusing the initial statement, just that it's not like that skated by unquestioned.

Titanpaul

Jan 2, 2019
Has anyone told Bernie that the easiest way to silence that pesky establishment would be by getting the most votes? Like, that's pretty straightforward.

Easier to blame other people.

Gotta get the young voters out there if Bernie wants to win - and hes doing an OK job messaging. Its just they aren't voting (or haven't - yet).

TorianElecdra

Feb 25, 2020
Warren is running on an ideological, moral platform. Comparing Warren splitting the progressive vote to Bernie staying in against moderate competition in 2016 is, generously, a superficial take.

Warren, at this point, is running by mere vanity. As much as Bernie did so in 2016 after ST. Difference is that Bernie won states and had some minority support with young people. Warren stays running as a "unity" candidate while earning 4% of the black vote. That's absurd and way more delusional than Bernie's hopes to win New York in `16.

Arm Van Dam

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 30, 2019
Illinois

Joint Statement from DOS, DOJ, DOD, DHS, ODNI, FBI, NSA, and CISA on Preparations for Super Tuesday — FBI

The heads of the Department of State, Department of Justice, Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, Office of the Director of National Intelligence, Federal Bureau of Investigation, National Security Agency, and Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency released a joint...

That's not going to please Trump especially with DOJ participating

Deleted member 3896

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Berners on Twitter now want Warren to drop out and endorse him, after they've been maligning and slandering her for months.

What a farce.
I like how the same people slagging Pete and Amy for dropping out and endorsing Biden as a sign of some imagined deep corruption but they also want Warren to drop out and endorse Sanders.

RiPPn

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
User Banned (1 Week): Insensitive Commentary Around Race

After they do that story they should also have to explain the Corn Pop nonsense also. It's his constant lies to try and appeal to the black voter that really amazes me that they showed up for him. Then again they are old and out of touch and may not have even heard either story.

[mod edit: post reverted to its original content]

Last edited by a moderator:

Kyra

The Eggplant Queen
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
I'm inclined to think so too, which is why I feel Bernie, while a risky bet, feels somewhat less risky to me than Biden. At the same time, if more voters end up going to Biden than Bernie in the primary, what does that say about where the will of the voters is? I would also think that older voters would be more likely to vote D no matter what compared to younger votes. But I also don't know that for sure.
The most popular weapon in monster hunter is Long Sword but it places like 10th in times when actually fighting monsters. The less popular HBG does better. .. This analogy is bad. I guess what ims aying here is primaries and GE is different. I think its entirely possible for Biden to do well against Bernie but bad against Trump and for Bernie to do bad aginst Biden but well against Trump.

OfficerRob

Oct 25, 2017
After they do that story they should also have to explain the Corn Pop nonsense also. It's his constant lies to try and appeal to the black voter that really amazes me that they showed up for him. Then again in SC they are mostly old and out of touch and may not have even heard either story.
Fucking YIKES

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
After they do that story they should also have to explain the Corn Pop nonsense also. It's his constant lies to try and appeal to the black voter that really amazes me that they showed up for him. Then again in SC they are mostly old and out of touch and may not have even heard either story.
This last sentence is offensive and you should feel bad.

MizerMan

Oct 25, 2017

*Raises left eyebrow*

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Biden gets a lost of pass for straight up lying due to his supposed mental decline. People just say "oh he is old he probably forgot about it."

Also when he claimed about the stop and frisk thing against Bloomberg saying he was the one made Bloomberg stop... when it was the judges who did:

JVID

Oct 25, 2017
Chicagoland
Corn Pop was real tho.

Allard

Oct 25, 2017
I like how the same people slagging Pete and Amy for dropping out and endorsing Biden as a sign of some imagined deep corruption but they also want Warren to drop out and endorse Sanders.

Seriously, if both Amy or Pete dropped out but chose not endorse I would have been okay and even understanding. Just because one candidate started getting endorsement support from previous candidates does not mean the other should be required endorse by proxy (and for 'My' preferred candidate). She chooses to endorse, she will endorse. But she doesn't have to, and she certainly doesn't have to the day before super tuesday just because those two decided to do it. Those two dropping before super tuesday was the surprise, not Warren staying in the race for one more day.

SpitztheGreat

May 16, 2019
I'll just keep saying this: even if Bernie doesn't get the nomination it isn't a reason to give up hope for the Party. The GOP wasn't ready for Reagan in 1976 and it wasn't ready for Trump in 2012, but because of the hardwork of their activist (as much as we may despise everything they stand for) the party was pulled rightward so that in 1980 and 2016 candidates who were considered too radical a short time before were able to win the nomination and the Presidency. They've been winning the war ever since because they put the time in even when they were losing. If Progressives really want to take over the Democratic Party then they need to keep at it and not lose heart. They've already made great strides, and just because they couldn't get their candidate over the finish line in either 2016 or 2020 (IF they can't) that does not mean everything was in vain. While a moderate Democrat may not be sexy, they can be forced leftward if the progressive wing of the party continues to have success.

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Nice racist generalization

Rag

Oct 30, 2017

This is the shit right here that makes it so hard to get on his side. Cults of personality don't fucking work. I just have such a hard time getting on board with someone who acts like that. We don't need someone that values loyalty over all else, and holds petty grudges against journalists.

RiPPn

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix

Armaros

Oct 25, 2017

The mask comes off.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Because to the diehards, anything that helps Bern is righteous, and anything that even has the appearance of hindering him, intentionally or not, is a conspiracy to silence him.

Cults of personality are bad.

OfficerRob

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't mean it racially, that's what the demographics of the polling said. Is that it was mostly older black voters that turned out for Biden in SC. How is that racially insensitive?
Can you point me to where the polling said older black voters in South Carolina were "out of touch"?????????????????????

Status
Not open for further replies.