• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rickyson33

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
I wonder if Klobuchar saw some internal polling she didn't like for Minnesota and dropped out since she didn't think she would win it anyways or something

hurlex

Oct 25, 2017
How does a brokered convention work? Can Pete just give all his delegates to Biden? Can Warren give all hers to Biden?

Oct 30, 2017
Does Trump have more rallies planned? With him being a big germaphobe and the administration pretty much doing nothing to handle the virus, I'm kind of surprised he's still doing these rallies. He's not afraid he'll catch the virus? I mean, he's well withing the demographic where the virus is lethal.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
The lord's work by denying Sanders delegates.
Being in the race just to be a mercenary against another candidate isn't doing the lord's work. She is eroding her own political self worth to play this hapless game of thrones.

We all know what happened with Stannis whe he tried to do the lord's work...

Rag

Oct 30, 2017
On the one hand, she totally doesn't have a chance, but I have a hard time begrudging Warren staying in till tomorrow. If you've made it this far, I could see wanting to be in the race one more day. Like if you've raised all that money and campaigned that hard, just to drop out the day before Super Tuesday... it would be hard to swallow.

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017
At the very least Warren is (and has been) keeping Bloomberg at bay. I don't think she's denying Sanders all that much.
You could say the same for Pete and Amy. Regardless of where there votes or delegates will actually end up going they are trying to help Biden. Warren doesn't care and has less than zero interest in trying to stop Biden in the same way

Arm Van Dam

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 30, 2019
Illinois
Does Trump have more rallies planned? With him being a big germaphobe and the administration pretty much doing nothing to handle the virus, I'm kind of surprised he's still doing these rallies. He's not afraid he'll catch the virus? I mean, he's well withing the demographic where the virus is lethal.
He's doing one in Charlotte because he stalks the candidates

Here's Trump's public schedule for today. (Public schedules don't include all of a president's activities.)

SolarPowered

Oct 28, 2017
At the very least Warren is (and has been) keeping Bloomberg at bay. I don't think she's denying Sanders all that much.
I mean, it's very possible she could end this by endorsing Bernie before California votes tomorrow. She could also help him win a plurality against Biden in NC and VA. At least in the latter Bernie was comfortably ahead before Biden got some big endorsements. Warren could keep him on top by a slim margin. Bernie could definitely come away the winner so long as he gets to say he won at least 10 of 14 states. I don't think that can happen without her dropping and endorsing, though.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I am announcing now that I am no longer going to vote for Warren in the primary. She isn't honestly running a campaign to win anymore and she knows it. I can't back a candidate who doesn't believe themselves to win and is just in it for some political ploy. Warren is better than that.

I am also done defending her. She is still a progressive with excellent policies but her political calculus is awful and not worth supporting IMO.

Iolo

Oct 27, 2017
Britain
I hope these old men know how to handle snek bites.

Doesn't this look like a snakehead to you?

il_fullxfull.376005631_2gel.jpg

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
That's the right call by Klob. Warren should stay in at least through tomorrow, but she's probably done after that.

Tamanon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am announcing now that I am no longer going to vote for Warren in the primary. She isn't honestly running a campaign to win anymore and she knows it. I can't back a candidate who doesn't believe themselves to win and is just in it for some political ploy. Warren is better than that.

I am also done defending her. She is still a progressive with excellent policies but her political calculus is awful and not worth supporting IMO.

OK, I have updated you on the rolls.

SolarPowered

Oct 28, 2017

Off to central park with her.

Kappa

Feb 14, 2018
I think you don't need to crunch numbers to understand that if Bernie is the plurality winner, and doesn't end up being the nominee, that looks much more like rigging than when he fair and square lost in 2016.
But the people (other than Republicans) most likely to believe he did not lose fair and square in 2016 mostly voted for Clinton in the general anyway.

Vector

Feb 28, 2018
Biden getting the nomination will be an absolute disaster. Can't wait for the blame shifting if/when he loses in November.

Status
Not open for further replies.