• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
Ugh, I don't suppose they'll be able to squeeze in a post-pete MA poll in before Tuesday? Cant decide if I should stick with Liz or move to Biden. Theres a lot of Pete vote and Biden could become viable.
Biden and Warren will probably both be viable in MA. Warren doesn't need that much of a boost to get there, and Biden will probably get there after SC. Both will limit Sanders's delegate gains.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
i mean if you aren't using, like, vocal fillers when you type, how can you be sure people hear your voice?

496.jpg

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Constructive criticism for Pete for when he wants to get back into the presidentail race:

*Get some bigger political experience under your belt. May happen anyway if he gets a cabinet position if the Democratic nomination wins.

*Work HARD to repair your rapport with minorities.

*Less fake politician guy, more genuine humble mayor from Southbend Indiana.

*If you are going to run on mostly progressive policies then don't try to frame as a moderate. It just comes off as disingenuous and fake... like he calculated best odds of winning through a formula and realized that progressive policies packaged in a moderate framing gets you more votes. Maybe this is effective but he should stand harder behind his policies.

*Grow a beard asap.

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
60 minutes is getting annihilated. Seriously cbs do you think magaheads watch tv news magazines?

CrabDust

Nov 16, 2017
He's a scrub who'll never change. In fact, if he wins, he'll make it a point to talk more about Castro, Stalin et al. as a way of thumbing his nose at the neolibs and the establishment. He won't care about alienating our new suburban voters because in his mind they're not members of this imaginary working class solidarity hard hat movement that racist white people have never allowed to exist.
LMAO

Joking aside, all he had to do to lock it all up was take it from 11 to like a respectable 8. Make himself palatable to older voters not already in his camp. M4A who those want it and cut the vilification. Oh and maybe dont talk yourself into a headline about the positive aspects of evil regimes.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Surprising coincidence after I asked earlier what the odds were Obama endorses whoever is leading in delegates/popular vote before the convention. Here's a recent quote from an Obama "confidant":

"He feels that he's singularly positioned to help unify the party at the end of this," the Obama confidant said. "And if he were try to put his thumb on the scale now, it would take away his ability to do so when it's most needed -- the general election."

www.cnn.com

Obama congratulates Biden but is not yet endorsing anyone

Former President Barack Obama did something this weekend that he's been unable to do so far in the Democratic primary race: Call former Vice President Joe Biden and offer his congratulations.

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
Surprising coincidence after I asked earlier what the odds were Obama endorses whoever is leading in delegates/popular vote before the convention. Here's a recent quote from an Obama "confidant":

"He feels that he's singularly positioned to help unify the party at the end of this," the Obama confidant said. "And if he were try to put his thumb on the scale now, it would take away his ability to do so when it's most needed -- the general election."

www.cnn.com

Former President Barack Obama did something this weekend that he's been unable to do so far in the Democratic primary race: Call former Vice President Joe Biden and offer his congratulations.
Smart move. It'd be toxic as fuck if he endorsed Biden now.

ChippyTurtle

Banned
Oct 13, 2018

www.cnn.com

My hope is that Obama will be the one to ensure Bernie gets the nomination by being the ram through the DNC in the event hes leading but not by a majority.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
My hope is that Obama will be the one to ensure Bernie gets the nomination by being the ram through the DNC in the event hes leading but not by a majority.
i agree but would pose it rather as -- i hope obama is the one to ensure whoever has the most delegates/popular vote gets the nomination, whether that's sanders or biden. i'm personally for sanders, but i also have nightmares of a close race going into the convention that biden ultimately ekes out a lead in and sanders being unable to calm down the movement in order to unify everyone going into the general.

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017

If Biden does like 3-4 points better across the board than our projections and Bernie does 2 points worse, that's about what it takes to wind up with a delegate count that's tied post Super Tuesday. That would be a pretty modest error as these things go.

Never say never.

Slim Action

Jul 4, 2018
The pie-in-the-sky scenario for Biden in that Tweet chain started with Biden +15 in SC, and the actual was Biden +28 so...

less

Oct 25, 2017
There will be some serious meltdowns on this site if Biden ties Bernie after Super Tuesday. God forbid if he gets a slight advantage.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
I can see Biden going up in the polls but I don't see how Bernie would go down across the board he would get a modest bump from Buttigieg dropping out and some of the saner Warren fans realize after SC he's the only way to get progressive policies through
A couple points worse could be margin of error type polling inconsistencies.

Also wasn't Bloomberg going blitzkrieg on anti-Sanders ads now? No idea how those will land.

Status
Not open for further replies.