• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vector

Feb 28, 2018
Could you not make light of an actual medical issue that some members of this forum (myself included) suffer from, for your stupid joke about how funny it is that people get angry about really kind of outrageous slur?
first of all he means "triggered"

second of all, the contextual use of the emojis themselves are actively poisonous to discourse
Thanks for letting me know. I apologize for using that word - it has become so ingrained in general discourse that it didn't cross my mind to look further into the implications.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
...is this a joke I'm not getting? How are "snake emoji" and "rat emoji" outrageous slurs?

Yes, that's what I wanted you to take away from my reply. Not the part about misusing and diluting a medical term for lulz, but why you don't understand why calling a woman a snake because she dared to run against Bernie is outrageous.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Shouldn't we be looking at the actual Dem ballots returned and not including Republicans?
ooo shit, you're right. i just assumed it dem ballots sent in. my mistake. that likely means 25% already in, at best, ya? so a potential 75% of 9% still out there. 25 % of that is closer to 1.5-2% best case scenario. 1% would be more realistic considering.

TheFatOne

Oct 27, 2017
Because it is an issue in the campaign and thus should be discussed. I'm seeing Warren fans all over Twitter saying how Bernie fans have treated her is affecting how they'll vote when she drops.
Nah. The vast majority of voters aren't going to give a shit about this. It's a purely twitter bubble story.

Dec 31, 2017
I do have to hand it to Pete, he sees no viability and dropped to help his overall cause, which is to keep everything as moderate as possible. I would have expected this from Warren as well, but she's going in a completely alternate direction.

Because it is an issue in the campaign and thus should be discussed. I'm seeing Warren fans all over Twitter saying how Bernie fans have treated her is affecting how they'll vote when she drops.

Twitter does not reflect reality at all my guy.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
This is quite honestly a great play. Their entire strategy is to surpress the vote. So you start that messaging early. Don't think it was by design he tweeted this, but this is a legit political strategy at play.

it's cynical and disgusting, not "great". The fact that it can work is disturbing. It's what dictators do.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
Thanks for letting me know. I apologize for using that word - it has become so ingrained in general discourse that it didn't cross my mind to look further into the implications.

I appreciate you apologizing. Thank you.

(and to everyone who responded (not you specifically, Vector), please use "she' when refering to me. Thanks.)

Scottt

Oct 25, 2017
Framing the campaign as the "stop Sanders platform" on their way through the door is a really uplifting way to go out.

Uzuzu

Nov 18, 2017
I wish it was just a one on one right now. This lastest news helps Warren stay in all the way to the convention and I fear no one will be happy with the candidate and each will have a different claim to be the candidate. Bernie will have prob won the most states and maybe popular vote, but be behind in delegates to Biden. And Warren will say she's a comprise to both. I think Bloomberg will be a non factor. Gonna be a mess at leas Hillary won dominantly

CrabDust

Nov 16, 2017
Trump's goons have a playbook for whoever is leading. Notice the burisma stuff dried up this past month even though the corruption angle stuck in some ways. Even the whiff of opportunity and Scavino tweets out some Bernie victim garbage from the can. They're always playing all sides against each other. I want this nightmare to end so badly. If the Dems win, I might get a 270 tattoo.

Alcander

Oct 29, 2017
In all honesty, is there even a chance of a unity ticket? I know Biden has suggested he'd select a woman, but it seems like a semi appealing option at this point...

King Alamat

Nov 22, 2017
If they're not willing to vote for the only other progressive candidate because of what some jerks on Twitter said about her, then they shouldn't be calling themselves progressives.

The Namekian

Nov 5, 2017
New York City
I wish it was just a one on one right now. This lastest news helps Warren stay in all the way to the convention and I fear no one will be happy with the candidate and each will have a different claim to be the candidate. Bernie will have prob won the most states and maybe popular vote, but be behind in delegates to Biden. And Warren will say she's a comprise to both. I think Bloomberg will be a non factor. Gonna be a mess at leas Hillary won dominantly

Can we take a moment here to appreciate Hillary. Cause she may not have been "likable" but she knew how to herd the cats of the Democratic Party. She would have won too if not for Comey and Russia but that is another conversation.

Oct 25, 2017
In all honesty, is there even a chance of a unity ticket? I know Biden has suggested he'd select a woman, but it seems like a semi appealing option at this point...

I think there's room but the timing would be weird--the current political landscape seems likely to turn on a hypothetical progressive that accepts a VP spot with Biden while Bernie is still in the race, as betraying the cause. Biden either needs enough of a delegate lead to make his nom inevitable, or anyone he taps for 'unity' risks being tainted as a moderate not sticking to their ideals. I still have no idea who Bernie taps in any scenario so.

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
So I assume you're opposed to endorsements, then? Such as Orb Queen endorsing Bernie and Deblasio endorsing Bernie?

no I don't think people doing well should drop out to give all their votes to another candidate just to stop a different one. Let people vote their preferences. I'm not for endorsements because it puts a finger on the scale.

Frankish

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Great news re: Pete. Hopefully this is the boost Biden needs to bury Sanders.

That said, if this really causes Bernie to lose then his supposed frontrunner status was fickle af.

Exellus

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I only see two ends to this:

1) Bernie wins the nomination (either majority or contested). I think this is the best look Democrats would have for the general.
2) Biden wins a contested convention. If he enters the convention without the plurality, he will not win the general.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
Pete's aides taking shots at Bernie on the way out.

This is just not true. How are you arriving at this? Lmfao.

Sanders benefits from a divided field that came at Biden's expense.

Pete is done, steyer is done, Amy is done after Tuesday, Warren WANTS to stay in but probably doesn't have the funds.

With the moderate side of the field contracting this early, plus pete almost certainly endorsing Biden has an easy path to a majority.

The only question is what Bloomberg does. With a strong Biden i don't see him continuing to blow hundreds of millions on a no hope campaign.

CrabDust

Nov 16, 2017
In any normal cycle I'd say a unity ticket doesn't do much bc the candidates usually overlap heavily and the opponent isn't enough to bring folks together anyway. This isn't a normal cycle and you could make a case that the candidates are complementary (weak where the other is strong) and the opponent is literally the worst president in our history, so maybe there's a chance.

Alcander

Oct 29, 2017
twitter.com

Sam Stein on Twitter

“Joe Biden can now run as the youngest male candidate left in the field.”

"Joe Biden can now run as the youngest male candidate left in the field."

Lol

(also I didn't realize Bloom was so old)

Oct 25, 2017
Biden is not getting the majority. He's going to win on a contested convention plurality and then we'll see what Bernie or Bust really looks like. Lmao.

Status
Not open for further replies.