• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
Also, like Nate Cohn said, a lot of Pete's affluent white supporters will go to Biden. Guess where there are now a lot of affluent white suburban Democrats? Michigan, Pennsylvania, Illinois.

Pete's departure could help Biden run up the score in NoVA this week, giving him an even larger margin in the state.

Combine those affluent white suburbanites with the black vote, and suddenly Bernie's prospects look a lot dimmer in some states. Of course, much depends on Tuesday's results.

Deleted member 3896

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think triggered is the wrong word. I find adults who act like children to be insufferable, especially when they do these things and then want me to take their thoughts on xyz policy position seriously.
I'm trying to imagine what the reaction would be if Sanders were constantly called some animal or represented by an image of one by his detractors.

The Namekian

Nov 5, 2017
New York City
trying to get a straight answer out of government on their strategy and trying to give more money than is being asked for = hoping millions die

also

Is it wrong that I feel Trump is a lame duck and this nonsense doesn't hit like it use too. Like I know there is a campaign coming up...... but we all know who he is. A Liar! He and his surrogates are hot air unless you want to believe it.

Dany

Oct 29, 2017
seattle
I thought the same thing.

If Warren becomes viable in CA along with Biden - who seems pretty certain to hit at least 15% after last night - she limits the delegates Bernie can get. Conversely, if she were to drop, more Pete voters might go to Bernie and give him an even greater lead over Biden and thus more delegates. Thus, Rasta's comment that he hopes Warren stays and siphons votes confuses me.

Could just be weekend teacher brain.
How hasn't Amy dropped?

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
Nothing scares moderates into banding together like Bernie Sanders doing well in Nevada evidently.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Matt Viser @mviser

Pete Buttigieg has called Joe Biden, but they haven't been able to connect (Biden called him back and left him a message). Biden will soon take the stage for a rally in Norfolk, Va., where he'll appear with new endorsers Terry McAuliffe and Tim Kaine.

6:59 PM - Mar 1, 2020

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017
Expect Kennedy to win if it's close just based on people showing up that day voting for him because they don't even know who Malarkey is

TorianElecdra

Feb 25, 2020

Could we say these numbers represent close to 60-70% of total voters? 2008 was 4.8 million and 2016 5.1 million.

I don't think Pete dropping out changes much in Cali, specially since early voting skews older by a lot.

SSF1991

Jun 19, 2018
Pete dropping out just 2 days before Super Tuesday...uh alright then. In just one week I went from "Bernie's in good shape" to "Biden's in good shape". I don't think this is good news for Bernie whatsoever, but on the plus side, I don't have to deal with Pete's shit anymore.

ChucklesB

Nov 4, 2017
This will for some reason be cowardly and shameful and establishment rigging, even though this is also what Warren is supposed to be doing re:Sanders for the good of all mankind or something.

I dunno, if Pete actually believes Biden has a better chance v Trump than Sanders, it kind of seems like him acting on morals here.

Shhhh, no, you can't say that part of it.

Plinko

Oct 28, 2017
I see the Bernie fans are handling the Pete news well.

This type of stuff happens in every primary. Not sure why the outrage.

less

Oct 25, 2017
Wow. Pete out is a hell of a surprise as I figured he would remain until after ST. Biden full of glee now I bet.

OfficerRob

Oct 25, 2017
Pete dropping out just 2 days before Super Tuesday...uh alright then. In just one week I went from "Bernie's in good shape" to "Biden's in good shape".

I don't think this is good news for Bernie whatsoever, but on the plus side, I don't have to deal with Pete's shit anymore.
Bernie is still in very good shape, it's just that Biden is in much better shape than he was a week ago

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
People getting triggered by animal emojis is the funniest part of this primary.

Could you not make light of an actual medical issue that some members of this forum (myself included) suffer from, for your stupid joke about how funny it is that people get angry about really kind of outrageous slur?

Oct 25, 2017
This will for some reason be cowardly and shameful and establishment rigging, even though this is also what Warren is supposed to be doing re:Sanders for the good of all mankind or something.

I dunno, if Pete actually believes Biden has a better chance v Trump than Sanders, it kind of seems like him acting on morals here.
It gets him tons of goodwill with pro Biden people which sets him up with a future in politics. It's as simple as that.

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
we get it dude, you want to face Bernie
He knows that a contingent of Bernie supporters will take their ball and go home if he's not the nominee.

It's about sowing discord, not so much favoring any particular candidate (though I do think Sanders will lose a general). Demoralizing Democrats and depressing turnout works in his favor as much as anything else he could do at this point.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
So here's why California is still a grand mystery. In 2016, around 5.1 million people voted in the California primary. Early counts show that 3.2 million Californians have already sent in their ballots. That means, at best, Buttigieg's dropping out is already 50% --at best-- ineffective at shifting his votes to other candidates. Now look at his current polling. He's currently averaging 9%, though his most recent polls are around 7%. For the sake of the the best scenario, if we take 50% off 9%, that leaves 4.5% of his vote left. Let's also take the best case scenario for all candidates when it comes to being the second choice of Buttigieg's supporters, around 25% of 50% of 9% apiece. That means, best case scenario, a given candidate may gain 1-1.5% from Buttigieg dropping out. Best case. After all, even dropping out, a good amount of people will still vote for Buttigieg on Super Tuesday. I'd personally guess any candidate would be lucky to get even 1% boost from Buttigieg's dropping out. .5% is more realistic. Is that enough for Warren, Bloomberg, and Biden, who are all around the error at reaching 15%? @.@ We'll see.

Vector

Feb 28, 2018
Could you not make light of an actual medical issue that some members of this forum (myself included) suffer from, for your stupid joke about how funny it is that people get angry about really kind of outrageous slur?
...is this a joke I'm not getting? How are "snake emoji" and "rat emoji" outrageous slurs?

Oct 25, 2017
So here's why California is still a grand mystery. In 2016, around 5.1 million people voted in the California primary. Early counts show that 3.2 million Californians have already sent in their ballots. That means, at best, Buttigieg's dropping out is already 50% --at best-- ineffective at shifting his votes to other candidates. Now look at his current polling. He's currently averaging 9%, though his most recent polls are around 7%. For the sake of the the best scenario, if we take 50% off 9%, that leaves 4.5% of his vote left. Let's also take the best case scenario for all candidates when it comes to being the second choice of Buttigieg's supporters, around 25% of 50% of 9% apiece. That means, best case scenario, a given candidate may gain 1-1.5% from Buttigieg dropping out. Best case. After all, even dropping out, a good amount of people will still vote for Buttigieg on Super Tuesday. I'd personally guess any candidate would be lucky to get even 1% boost from Buttigieg's dropping out. .5% is more realistic. Is that enough for Warren, Bloomberg, and Biden, who are all around the error at reaching 15%? @.@ We'll see.
Shouldn't we be looking at the actual Dem ballots returned and not including Republicans?

Status
Not open for further replies.