• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

madstarr12

Jan 25, 2018
The new Suffolk University poll says that 1 fourth of the likely voters they surveyed have voted already. Of those:

Bernie: 27%
Warren: 22%
Bloomberg: 17%
Biden: 13%

Tho it would be a small amount and probably doesn't mean much.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of low sample size barely-ever happens things: The combination of someone winning Iowa and NH usually comes with winning South Carolina. Think there's been one person in the last few decades that won without SC (John Edwards won it in 04)? Anyway, these "you win this state you win the primary" ticks are usually a case of correlation does not equal causation.

patientzero

Oct 25, 2017
Why are his hands so big in that picture? Is that a dig at Trump?

It's the camera lens, but yes, I imagine it's deliberate on the magazine/photographer's part for that reason.

Time (sometimes literally) honored tradition of magazine covers using fisheye lenses for political shoots -

clintonesquire.jpg

51JCWr6lU%2BL._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Coulter actually ginned hers up, claiming to be furious with Time for making her look distorted.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I am actually shocked by this, felt like he would at least see what is up in ST. Like at one point he had the delegate lead in the race.

Major props and respect to him for running a good campaign with what he had and bowing out when it was clear he wasnt the nominee. I wish others would drop their ego as well.

I wonder if there is some deal made or external pressure.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
I thought for sure Pete would stick around into Super Tuesday

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
I am actually shocked by this, felt like he would at least see what is up in ST. Like at one point he had the delegate lead in the race.

Major props and respect to him for running a good campaign with what he had and bowing out when it was clear he wasnt the nominee. I wish others would drop their ego as well.

I wonder if there is some deal made or external pressure.
Fundraising issues. Warren would likely be similar if she didn't kick ass in that debate.

Hindl

Oct 25, 2017
Man watching these Bernie rallies, and all I can think about is what if he were stronger with older voters. Would be hard to beat if that were the case.
If he were stronger with older voters, this thing would definitely be wrapped up by ST. Still might be, but his low numbers with them allow Biden to hang around

Dec 31, 2017
Surprised Pete is out before Klob. Oh well, he tried.

I hope he sticks around but in a decade or so realizes that having true convictions matter more than buzzwords.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
this is going to hurt sanders the most. going to improve biden, bloomberg, and warren's chances of hitting 15% in a loooot of states. in that regard, it probably hurts sanders the most since he's above 15% everywhere and benefitted a lot from others not hitting the line. it also improves warren's argument for staying in the race, which... ok i won't get into it. it'll help sanders at the convention if warren backs sanders. it guarantees sanders loses if she doesn't. but it also is more likely to create a closer race going into the convention, which makes it all the more precarious for sanders. absolutely benefits biden's chances the most.

i'd bet contested convention rises very high on 538's forecast as a result.

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
Getting your wish of Pete dropping out while Biden's in an upswing might be a case of be careful what you wish for.

vanmardigan

Oct 27, 2017
Word is that Biden wanted Klob to stay to hold Sanders in MN. Nothing else makes sense. I hope Butti runs again, I liked him.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
As I said in the thread on EcetEra Forum, I'm thinking Pete is looking for a role in a possible Biden Administration.

Status
Not open for further replies.