• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Drakeon

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting. Didn't know cold showers were used like that.

It's annoying as hell.
I swear by cold showers. I really really hate getting colds (especially as a father of a two year old, given how many more I now get) and I will use anything and everything in my power to fight them. Cold showers are by far the best thing I've done to make my colds mostly mild inconveniences instead of debilitating like they used to be. I don't even really need to call out of work anymore when I get a cold.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
That's ridiculous. She's at 17% in Texas, near 20% in CA, and she's from Mass. Why waste money on places Biden would dominate? Lol.

Anyways that ridiculous conspiracy isn't the story here.
why is it so hard to talk about politics in the politics thread without someone insulting you or calling your opinions conspiracy theories?

ChucklesB

Nov 4, 2017
it's more striking to me that it doesn't actually include any states where she's striving to reach 15%. something that candidates do when they're trying to win and not just, well.

"Hey everyone it's not my intention to tell you how to vote but just a heads up that it might be time to decide to go with Bernie or no one. Whoa, everyone stop getting mad at me, I didn't mean to try and tell you how to vote, just that you should probably vote Bernie if you care about anything. Also, don't misconstrue this as a conspiracy theory that Warren wants to stop Bernie because she's secretly a moderate operative because it's not what I mean, it's just curious ya know? I'm just asking the question."

Just take off the mask blue, it's less obvious mate. No one is gonna hate you for liking Bernie, doing this passive aggressive stuff each day is much more irksome and exhausting. Just own it that you're invested, it's cool to be invested in a candidate, but don't play dumb about it.

MizerMan

Oct 25, 2017
I swear by cold showers. I really really hate getting colds (especially as a father of a two year old, given how many more I now get) and I will use anything and everything in my power to fight them. Cold showers are by far the best thing I've done to make my colds mostly mild inconveniences instead of debilitating like they used to be. I don't even really need to call out of work anymore when I get a cold.

Guess I should try it one day.

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
So that line about the taxes, like, should I clarify that it's specifically taken from a comment from a fairly prominent Warren booster I know? I did not make the line up myself.

But I agree with sphagnum, I'm still thinking too small

Kemal86

Oct 25, 2017
california, texas, mass. three states where her gains would likely most harm sanders. what an odd coincidence.

You posted something the other day about getting real harsh replies to your posts.

Then you post something like this. It's not hard to figure out why you get the replies you do.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
My parents want to vote for Biden or Pete. I told them they're not allowed to vote for Pete, and if they don't want to vote for Bernie (and they don't, until the general) they should vote for Warren, whom I also plan to vote for. I wanted to vote for Kamala, but that didn't work out. If Warren's not on the ballot, I may just sit out our state's primary. Or write her in.

Mulligan

Oct 29, 2017
I have some sympathy for the Warren supporters who feel she's being done dirty by a sexist culture.

The thing is, contra to what some Warren supporters suggest they see in her, is that I don't want a president who'll look over my shoulder and help make sure my tax forms are filled out properly.

I want a president who will end the monopoly that the tax preparation software companies have over the filing process so I can do the damn thing myself

Wouldn't she do that? She has an actual plan to break up monopolies.

Oct 25, 2017
why is it so hard to talk about politics in the politics thread without someone insulting you or calling your opinions conspiracy theories?
No one said you couldn't discuss politics. Talk about how Warren's a hypocrite or how it's crazy that they're spending all of this money before we know who the donors are, but the fact that they're spending money in states where she's most likely to win is literally what all candidates do. And suggesting that it's to kneecap Bernie is a conspiracy lmao.

bluexy

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
You posted something the other day about getting real harsh replies to your posts.

Then you post something like this. It's not hard to figure out why you get the replies you do.
nah, don't justify toxic replies because i posted a political opinion. i believe warren and her superpac are working to support biden. that's a political opinion. not an offensive opinion. to insinuate my opinion justifies people being toxic is absurd and insulting.

No one said you couldn't discuss politics. Talk about how Warren's a hypocrite or how it's crazy that they're spending all of this money before we know who the donors are, but the fact that they're spending money in states where she's most likely to win is literally what all candidates do. And suggesting that it's to kneecap Bernie is a conspiracy lmao.
how is that a conspiracy theory? it's an absolute fact that candidates throughout history shift their campaigns in their later hours to target other candidates they don't want to win the nomination in favor of candidates they do. bloomberg fucking announced this before he started his campaign. so why's it only the possibility that warren might be doing it too that's making so many people go full tilt?

ChucklesB

Nov 4, 2017
nah, don't justify toxic replies because i posted a political opinion. i believe warren and her superpac are working to support biden. that's a political opinion. not an offensive opinion. to insinuate my opinion justifies people being toxic is absurd and insulting.

Then just say that instead of this "hmmmmm curious" stuff. It adds nothing to the convo except stirring the pot. At least be obvious in your intentions and just stick with it. Because then it's also easier to have a tangible discussion about something rather than doing this passive aggressive stuff and that being offended when people call you out for it and pretending to be a victim.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's a conspiracy theory that defies everything we know about the relationship between Warren and Sanders vs Warren and Biden. (spoiler: she and Bernie are on good terms. she loathes Biden for the Bankruptcy bill in '05.)

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
I mean to be clear I think Warren has been done dirty by sexism as well. In a saner culture folks like Pete and, god help us all, Bloomberg, would realize that they are not remotely qualified as candidates and drop out. But at least they're splitting the moderate vote into a delicious-but-uncomfortable clusterfuck

Crocodile

Oct 25, 2017

O_O

Ok I'm sorry but this is troll territory bullshit. "Warren and the PAC she doesn't control are secretly in cahoots with Biden" is as logical and well substantiated based on the current public facts as "Mole Men underground are responsible for the Coronavirus"

Post stupid conspiratorial bullshit, get negative replies in response. It ain't rocket science.

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
Why isn't Pete wanted again? Last I checked, he was in 2nd place in terms of delegates. Probably won Iowa, and came within a point and a half in NH.

This "No one likes Pete because I don't like Pete" thing is sooooo dang tiresome.

Clowns

Oct 25, 2017

how is that a conspiracy theory? it's an absolute fact that candidates throughout history shift their campaigns in their later hours to target other candidates they don't want to win the nomination in favor of candidates they do. bloomberg fucking announced this before he started his campaign. so why's it only the possibility that warren might be doing it too that's making so many people go full tilt?
edit: LOL I'm an idiot and missed the first part of the quoted post.

patientzero

Oct 25, 2017
We have 6 kids. So, I have to manage all their shit, and then my husband, God love him, has the attention span of a 2 year old on Mt Dew, so I have to manage his shit. I have a very specific organizational system so I don't lose shit, and they all literally mess it up ALL THE TIME.

I am currently maintaining my house, while completing my MA and working, while also helping my grandmother maintain her house and a rental property, and helping my girlfriend from 6 states away (I'm in Ohio; she in Florida) while also applying to jobs. My grandmother keeps overdrafting her checking and I'm paying my girlfriend's car payment. I'm going insane.

The person you quoted rooted their views in actual statistics. You spouted a viewpoint based on nothing.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Elizabeth Warren running ads in Massachusetts, the absolute snake. You know what's really fucked up though? She's been campaigning and holding rallies and running ads here in Mass for years. This conspiracy goes all the way back to 2012.

bluexy

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
who do you think Warren prefers to Sanders
i think a lot of it is just party politics. i don't think warren feels any sort of obligation to sanders or his ideas for restructuring the party. rather, while i think she's honest about her policies, i think that she'd rather see them built up to through the current party dynamics -- which she is deeply ingrained in -- than trust in sanders' independent efforts. i also don't think sanders has much to offer her for her support, whereas a biden and the democratic party as it stands has myriad ways to support her regardless of the conclusion of the primary and election.

The person you quoted rooted their views in actual statistics. You spouted a viewpoint based on nothing.
how is it any more or less substantiated than the assumed belief that warren will support sanders?

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
Some Sanders supporters acting like everyone should step aside and hold a coronation for their boy is endlessly irritating.

I've long given on on even trying to bother as it's just not worth it, the dem primary thread in OT has been insufferable for pages now and some replies beyond petty/borderline sexist at times.

I early voted for Warren on Wednesday, if things stay the way as they are and she eventually drops out I can at least say I tried.
I'll vote for Sanders, my #2 choice if/when Warren decides to no longer run, not because a bunch of randoms online try to bully me/other Warren supporters claiming we are "wasting" our vote or whatever nonsensical petty thing that they try and use to twist Warren as some evil monster.

I question if some people realize that's its 2020 not 2016 and Warren =/= Hilary.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am the reason you want Warren in the race if you support Sanders.

If she drops out, my vote is not going to Bernie in the primary.

If it goes to a contested convention and Bernie's in the lead, she's probably asking her delegates to back him.

Drakeon

Oct 25, 2017
I am the reason you want Warren in the race if you support Sanders.

If she drops out, my vote is not going to Bernie in the primary.

If it goes to a contested convention and Bernie's in the lead, she's probably asking her delegates to back him.
Right along there with you. Pete was my second choice.

GrapeApes

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
"Warren and the PAC she doesn't control are secretly in cahoots with Biden"
DJ6znj0.jpg

🤔🤔

Boss

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why isn't Pete wanted again? Last I checked, he was in 2nd place in terms of delegates. Probably won Iowa, and came within a point and a half in NH.

This "No one likes Pete because I don't like Pete" thing is sooooo dang tiresome.
Because the dude has a horrible track record on race? I don't like Pete because "I don't like Pete", there was a lot of racism within his police department and he sided with the racists. Not to mention his role in the post office downsizing.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Because the dude has a horrible track record on race? I don't like Pete because "I don't like Pete", there was a lot of racism within his police department and he sided with the racists. Not to mention his role in the post office downsizing.
Yeah, this is why I'm on Biden as a backup.

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
joke about an ot thread = ban
blatantly antagonizing people in this thread and posting conspiracy theories = 👌

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
Right along there with you. Pete was my second choice.
Like, I'm probably voting for Warren because I don't think there's a chance of anyone stopping Bernie, honestly. But I'll evaluate after Super Tuesday. If my vote could actually prevent us from nominating him, I'd gladly vote for Biden or Pete. (Obviously Pete wouldn't stop anything). If it's a forgone conclusion, then I'll vote my heart and vote for Warren. (I may do that anyway.) My mom's going back and forth on voting for Warren or Biden for similar reasons.
The black precincts of NV that voted more for Uncommitted than him.
Like, those are totally fair critiques. I'm not going to defend his record on race anymore than I'm going to defend Bernie on guns, Warren on the DNA debacle, Bloomberg for...existing or Biden for Anita Hill. Where I get...frustrated, I guess, is this idea because you or I don't particularly like "X" NO ONE likes "X." Like, I don't get why people like Bernie. I never have. I never will. It literally escapes me. But I wouldn't actually go "Ya, well, no one wants him...." when there is evidence to the contrary. Pete is actually decently popular within the party! It's not like he's a Bloomberg or whatever who everyone hates.

Oh god no. I'd be so screwed. I mean not...literally....I guess....

The Namekian

Nov 5, 2017
New York City
I have some sympathy for the Warren supporters who feel she's being done dirty by a sexist culture.

The thing is, contra to what some Warren supporters suggest they see in her, is that I don't want a president who'll look over my shoulder and help make sure my tax forms are filled out properly.

I want a president who will end the monopoly that the tax preparation software companies have over the filing process so I can do the damn thing myself

Did Bernie say he would do that cause a decent number of Dems supported letting them keep that monopoly because their constituents benefit from it

Oct 25, 2017
I know that people want Pete's candidacy to feel more momentous to the gay rights movement than it has, but like maybe we should look at why POC gays and trans folks don't too much care for him or his history making.

Boss

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Like, I'm probably voting for Warren because I don't think there's a chance of anyone stopping Bernie, honestly. But I'll evaluate after Super Tuesday. If my vote could actually prevent us from nominating him, I'd gladly vote for Biden or Pete. (Obviously Pete wouldn't stop anything). If it's a forgone conclusion, then I'll vote my heart and vote for Warren. (I may do that anyway.) My mom's going back and forth on voting for Warren or Biden for similar reasons.

Like, those are totally fair critiques. I'm not going to defend his record on race anymore than I'm going to defend Bernie on guns, Warren on the DNA debacle, Bloomberg for...existing or Biden for Anita Hill. Where I get...frustrated, I guess, is this idea because you or I don't particularly like "X" NO ONE likes "X." Like, I don't get why people like Bernie. I never have. I never will. It literally escapes me. But I wouldn't actually go "Ya, well, no one wants him...." when there is evidence to the contrary. Pete is actually decently popular within the party! It's not like he's a Bloomberg or whatever who everyone hates.

Oh god no. I'd be so screwed. I mean not...literally....I guess....
The guy is projected to get 70 delegates on super Tuesday, nobody wants him, especially not minority voters who see him siding with racists within his police department, and there is no evidence to the contrary.

Bernie is going to win.

Uzuzu

Nov 18, 2017
I would be mad if i was Kamala. Ran out of the race partly because she had no money left and couldn't rely on superpacs to pick up some slack because of a no pac purity pledge pushed by Warren. And now Warren has the biggest superPAC in the race

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney
I would be mad if i was Kamala. Ran out of the race partly because she had no money left and couldn't rely on superpacs to pick up some slack because of a no pac purity pledge pushed by Warren. And now Warren has the biggest superPAC in the race

I hadn't considered that, she might make herself pretty unpopular with some of her fellow Senators.

Leona Lewis

Oct 25, 2017
Kamala really needed more space to define herself. Beto, too.

2020 wasn't her time, but 202X will be.

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
I know that people want Pete's candidacy to feel more momentous to the gay rights movement than it has, but like maybe we should look at why POC gays and trans folks don't too much care for him or his history making.
I feel like...both things can happen simultaneously, though? You can acknowledge that Pete being who he is, running for what he's running for, and doing as well as he has is historic and momentous...even while acknowledging he's highly flawed. Like, god forbid, Palin had become the first female vice president, that would have been historic and momentous even if she's a massive pile of shit.

The guy is projected to get 70 delegates on super Tuesday, nobody wants him, especially not minority voters who see him siding with racists within his police department, and there is no evidence to the contrary.

Bernie is going to win.
That's nice.

And if nobody wanted him, he wouldn't be getting 70 delegates. :)
Bernie leads with LGBTQ primary voters and has 3x the support of Pete.
And? That doesn't mean no gay people support Pete.

isn't this the type of thing people got really upset about when trying to erase various parts of Bernie's coalition a few dozen pages ago?

Mulligan

Oct 29, 2017
User Banned (1 day): hostility

I hate to use a Laura Ingraham phrase, but stick to rewriting video game press releases as news stories. You're not too wise when it comes to politics. Biden HATES Warren, and the feeling is mutual.

Warren and her supporters are going to vote and embrace whoever the nominee is. She and the PersistPAC are fighting for her small opportunity at the nomination right now. Those three Super Tuesday States are where she is polling her best at the moment, and if she does well enough there, she could be able to make the argument to the fickle moderate voter to wrap their support around her.

Now, do I think that's going to happen? No, but I think as long as she's able to stay in a respectable polling position and has enough money, she should be able to make that argument to voters.

Madison

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lima, Peru
Pete dismissing coups sponsored by the United States was the moment ive felt the most disgusted during this entire primary and Im happy he"s about to be obliterated in SC and ST. Good riddance.

Status
Not open for further replies.