• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
TheHunter

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

But actually I think I'm mostly just gonna stick to Discord and lurking here as opposed to being a super regular poster.

You're always welcome here Link.

I miss the evil clown avatar.

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
I have some sympathy for the Warren supporters who feel she's being done dirty by a sexist culture.

The thing is, contra to what some Warren supporters suggest they see in her, is that I don't want a president who'll look over my shoulder and help make sure my tax forms are filled out properly.

I want a president who will end the monopoly that the tax preparation software companies have over the filing process so I can do the damn thing myself

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, cool. I just found out my psychiatrist closed weeks ago without notice or contact info so this'll be fucking fun. I don't know why patients have to jump through fucking hoops to get treatment, coverage, etc., and doctors can just fucking ghost you. Burn our stone age medical system to the ground.

OP
OP
TheHunter

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We've had a thing here where any disturbance ends up with pages of people asking for invites.

Nothing personal against you. But our community is here. Constantly asking for directions to go somewhere else just makes those of us who stay here feel useless.

I have made it known I won't leave anybody behind if we have another Exodus.

I promise.

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have some sympathy for the Warren supporters who feel she's being done dirty by a sexist culture.

The thing is, contra to what some Warren supporters suggest they see in her, is that I don't want a president who'll look over my shoulder and help make sure my tax forms are filled out properly.

I want a president who will end the monopoly that the tax preparation software companies have over the filing process so I can do the damn thing myself

Better yet, I want a president who will make the government do the taxes for me.

LGHT_TRSN

Oct 25, 2017

She is being done dirty by a sexist culture. You conflating her with an overprotective mom who helps you do your taxes just proves that point.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

She's been done dirty by a sexist culture.

Dec 31, 2017

twitter.com

MJ Lee on Twitter

“NEW: Michael Bloomberg’s campaign has shared previously undisclosed test results on Bloomberg’s heart, including his left ventricular ejection fraction #. It’s a key data point on heart health. Bloomberg is now calling on Bernie Sanders to do the same. https://t.co/8lsNOQsjrz”

LMAO.

#ReleaseBerniesEjectionFraction

So I can do...I don't know what with it, but i wanna see it!

Oct 25, 2017

I can't tell if this is intentional knowing of her history and positions or not, or just sexist, or just fake sexist?

www.vox.com

Elizabeth Warren has a great idea for making Tax Day less painful

You shouldn’t have to file your taxes. The government should do it for you.

Ignatz Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
Hm? How is it weird? If anything it's a weird assumption to take for granted that Warren would shift to Sanders support. Sanders and Warren haven't been on the same page since her accusation about Sanders' alleged sexist comment.

I made this point several days ago that apparently made quite a few people angry, but we've entered a part of the race where only three people have realistic chances at winning the presidency -- Sanders, Biden, and Bloomberg. The candidates know this better than voters. As such, this is the time of the election when the remaining candidates "circle the wagons" so to speak. Buttigieg made his surrogacy for Biden obvious this past debate, but it's also clear from his campaign goals.

Warren, if she was planning to shift into being a Sanders surrogate, would be making similar moves -- tho not as unsubtle or amatuer as Buttigieg's. Instead, Warren attacked Sanders as much as any other candidate this past debate. She didn't target Biden meaningfully otherwise.

Yeah, I just don't see it anymore. At best, I can see Warren choosing not to endorse. But again, I'd love to be wrong.

You are basically saying she doesn't look like she'll endorse because she hasn't given up yet.

JABEE

Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to be traveling on Super Tuesday. I'm really hoping for a big win for Bernie.

I believe in him. I have a little nervousness, but I am excited to see all the work pay off.

Drakeon

Oct 25, 2017

And this is why Bernie supporters turn off otherwise progressives, because you claim (wrongly) that only Bernie is capable. It's wrong on it's face.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
You are basically saying she doesn't look like she'll endorse because she hasn't given up yet.
is she still going to take this opportunity to pitch her ideas while she has a spotlight? absolutely. but you must have a really low opinion of warren's intelligence if you don't think she's already pivoted to supporting her "what comes next" plan, whether that's supporting biden, supporting sanders, or otherwise.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017

This metaphor doesn't even make sense

Ignatz Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
is she still going to take this opportunity to pitch her ideas while she has a spotlight? absolutely. but you must have a really low opinion of warren's intelligence if you don't think she's already pivoted to supporting her "what comes next" plan, whether that's supporting biden, supporting sanders, or otherwise.

Who else would she reasonably support but Sanders?

PixelatedDonut

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Philly ❤️
What emoji did Pete get assigned so I can angrily spam it on social media
🍞 🧀 🐁 pick your poison (no pun attended)

And this is why Bernie supporters turn off otherwise progressives, because you claim (wrongly) that only Bernie is capable. It's wrong on it's face.
I have some news for you that's a late part of everyone's support. Warren supporters here where the exact same way when she was doing well in the polls. I dealt with annoying comments from her supporters back then ,but I still think she'd make a good president. Don't let the losers here or on Twitter control the narrative

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have some news for you that's a late part of everyone's support. Warren supporters here where the exact same way when she was doing well in the polls. I dealt with annoying comments from her supporters back then ,but I still think she'd make a good president. Don't let the losers here or on Twitter control the narrative
Warren supporters made blatantly sexist analogies based on stereotypes of overbearing mothers that ignored other candidates' actual proposals?

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
Also the AP is not calling the Iowa caucuses because the IDP still has a ton of errors that Taniel and other have caught that were not addressed in the recount lol

Status
Not open for further replies.