• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rag

Oct 30, 2017
Don't blame yourself too much. Half of Americans 55 and older have no retirement savings. Over half of Americans have less than $1000 in savings. You're far from alone in this.
I bet if I actually got back to work instead of refreshing this forum, I might improve my prospects a bit.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Hillary only won NH by 0.4% and Trump has been present in NH on more than one occasion doing rallies there. It's certainly flippable. Thankfully it's "only" worth 4 electoral votes and can easily be recouped by winning WI/MI/PA or replace WI with Arizona.

theprodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Ehh not really worried about NH if Sanders is the nominee (bonus points for making it easier to take down Susan Collins? Haha)

Ignatz Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
Stock Market being bad today is making news, but being bad all week is the real story.

Have I mention how much I hate cable financial news headlines? They're also on all over my office.

xenocide

Oct 25, 2017
Vermont
Just more evidence that New Hampshire sucks. Manchester is basically a landfill with a Mall and Airport. Yea I said it.

- Vermont

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Hillary only won NH by 0.4% and Trump has been present in NH on more than one occasion doing rallies there. It's certainly flippable. Thankfully it's "only" worth 4 electoral votes and can easily be recouped by winning WI/MI/PA or replace WI with Arizona.
I'd be more willing to shrug off NH if that tiny spec didn't also have 2 senators. I mean, we have the seats, but I don't want one of the few states where the 2 per state senate make-up works in our favor trend Republican.

Vector

Feb 28, 2018
How come Vermont is so rigidly blue while neighboring New Hampshire has swing-y tendencies? Aren't they basically the same demographically?

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I'd be more willing to shrug off NH if that tiny spec didn't also have 2 senators.
There are a bunch of states that are equivalent to NH that are deep red. GOP Senate has been coasting on large swaths of lands being disproportionately representing US congress. Montana, N/S Dakotas, Idaho, Wyoming all have same number of electoral votes as NH.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
There are a bunch of states that are equivalent to NH that are deep red. GOP Senate has been coasting on large swaths of lands being disproportionately representing US congress. Montana, N/S Dakotas, Idaho, Wyoming all have same number of electoral votes as NH.
Yeah, but NH is one of the few of those types of states that work in dems favor. Like, if NH eventually became solid red that's two less seats.

Ignatz Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
How come Vermont is so rigidly blue while neighboring New Hampshire has swing-y tendencies? Aren't they basically the same demographically?

New Hampshire has a historical political identity that Vermont does not. 'Live free or die" is the state motto. They like libertarians and contrarians.

Edit: real libertarians, not just right wing libertarians.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017

Oh come on!
After absorbing a number of body blows at her confirmation hearing over her support for the gold standard and past writings, Shelton picked up the vote of Sen. Patrick Toomey (R-Pa.) this week and is on the verge of winning the support of Sen. Richard Shelby (R-Ala.), another potential skeptic.

Shelby said his starting point is that he would "like to help the administration."

"If the committee wants the majority of the committee to support her, I would do it too. She wouldn't be my No. 1 choice," Shelby said on Thursday afternoon.

Asked if that meant he would vote for her, he responded cryptically.
Imagine explicitly revealing this complete lack of courage of leadership. "She sucks, but I'd hate to disappoint Trump and my colleagues so I'll probably vote yes."

Hindl

Oct 25, 2017
NH is like the Texas of New England. It's a bunch of libertarians who just want to hunt in the wilderness and tell the government to fuck off

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017
would be great if the media would be nearly 1/1000th as interested in debunking the economic political beliefs of the large number of Gold Standard truthers as they are in AOC/Sanders

Arm Van Dam

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 30, 2019
Illinois

Vector

Feb 28, 2018
SOUTH CAROLINA Emerson/@NXSTMediaGroup POLL:

41% @JoeBiden
25% @BernieSanders
11% @PeteButtigieg
11% @TomSteyer
6% @amyklobuchar
5% @ewarren
2% @TulsiGabbard

twitter.com

Emerson College Polling on Twitter

“SOUTH CAROLINA Emerson/@NXSTMediaGroup POLL: 41% @JoeBiden 25% @BernieSanders 11% @PeteButtigieg 11% @TomSteyer 6% @amyklobuchar 5% @ewarren 2% @TulsiGabbard https://t.co/kj7vyhzh43”

this isn't so bad, at least Bernie gets delegates

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017

41% @JoeBiden
25% @BernieSanders
11% @PeteButtigieg
11% @TomSteyer
6% @amyklobuchar
5% @ewarren
2% @TulsiGabbard

twitter.com

“SOUTH CAROLINA Emerson/@NXSTMediaGroup POLL: 41% @JoeBiden 25% @BernieSanders 11% @PeteButtigieg 11% @TomSteyer 6% @amyklobuchar 5% @ewarren 2% @TulsiGabbard https://t.co/kj7vyhzh43”

This weirdly feels like a good poll for both Biden and Bernie lol

SolarPowered

Oct 28, 2017

41% @JoeBiden
25% @BernieSanders
11% @PeteButtigieg
11% @TomSteyer
6% @amyklobuchar
5% @ewarren
2% @TulsiGabbard

twitter.com

Warren behind Klob and Pete of all people? I think South Carolina needs an intervention.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Emerson favors Bernie a bit normally but still it seems likely that he will get delegates out of SC eapecially if other candidates are non viable.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

41% @JoeBiden
25% @BernieSanders
11% @PeteButtigieg
11% @TomSteyer
6% @amyklobuchar
5% @ewarren
2% @TulsiGabbard

twitter.com

This is really good news for Sanders, even if it does look like he'll lose SC badly. His percentages aren't likely to drop when Bloomberg starts showing up on the ballot, while Biden's numbers will. This poll likely points to Sanders still being in contention for other southern states.

MizerMan

Oct 25, 2017

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
Also I think it's pretty clear now that Biden has been gaining as the non-Sanders candidate.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
It's guaranteed at this point. Bernie has rallies and events there, it's almost as if he's rubbing it in her face.
I think it's more that Warren probably isn't supporting Sanders going forward, whether it has to do with a post-dropout endorsement or at the convention.

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
Said it before but Pete 100% has to be a strong VP consideration. As unlikable as he is to us who are further left, white, moderate suburbanites everywhere seem to love him.

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
In the last 12 elections, Vermont has gone blue 7 times.
In the last 12 elections,. New Hampshire has gone blue 6 times.

Vermont used to be one of the most solidly republican states in the country. If you watch 1992 election coverage, they made a huge deal about being able to call it for Clinton. it's one of the most hard realignments we've had recently.

Slader166

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Said it before but Pete 100% has to be a strong VP consideration. As unlikable as he is to us who are further left, white, moderate suburbanites everywhere seem to love him.
ed548753-091e-4050-a42c-aec8dcde75ca-0921_steakfry_025.JPG

SSF1991

Jun 19, 2018
Looks like Steyer collapsed, and that's why Biden's numbers in the state grew.

Ugh. At least it's not Bloomberg. But it's frustrating that South Carolina may be the only reason why Biden isn't out of the race yet.

Pooh

Oct 25, 2017
The Hundred Acre Wood
Pete is an excellent politician and yeah would make a solid VP choice

Also i would think this would be a good place to start as far as who should actually go first in primaries:
XRayGaj.png

Vector

Feb 28, 2018
In the last 12 elections, Vermont has gone blue 7 times.
In the last 12 elections,. New Hampshire has gone blue 6 times.

Vermont used to be one of the most solidly republican states in the country. If you watch 1992 election coverage, they made a huge deal about being able to call it for Clinton. it's one of the most hard realignments we've had recently.
Bernard's undeniable impact!

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
SC is like the only state Biden seemed to put any effort in. Dude was in SC while the NH primary was going on LMFAO!

fragamemnon

Nov 30, 2017
Also I think it's pretty clear now that Biden has been gaining as the non-Sanders candidate.

I can speak that after NV and Bloomberg's disastrous debate, most all of my online peers (all neolib suburbanite moderates) went on the Diamond Joe train.

I guess it just took-like most things in the Democratic party-African American voters telling us silly white people to get their shit together to coalesce on a candidate.

Status
Not open for further replies.