• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bernie gets 19% of the black vote in VA to Biden's 39%, but Bernie is getting 52% of the youth vote in VA while Biden only gets 11%.

But Bernie gets 0% of the Kirblar vote.
Is this prediction or polling.

And you better not be using this insider information on Predictit cause you know Warren is getting 100% of that vote.

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
yeah if those DFP polls are true, it's over and we can move on... thank god. (I hope)

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
833-394-MIKE if you want to talk to the Bloomberg campaign directly (or a probably well-paid phone drone, anyway).

LGHT_TRSN

Oct 25, 2017
The sooner we can stop arguing about who stands the best chance of beating Trump and actually unite behind a candidate to beat Trump, the better.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Greg Sargent @ThePlumLineGS

NEWS:

Barack Obama is calling on TV stations to stop airing an ad from a pro-Trump super PAC that deceptively uses audio of Obama to make it sound like he's denouncing @JoeBiden for selling out black people.

It's rank, ugly disinformation.

New piece:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/02/26/ugly-pro-trump-ad-weaponizes-audio-obama-showing-whats-coming/ …

4:18 PM - Feb 26, 2020

Kyle Griffin @kylegriffin1

Obama's office is denouncing a misleading pro-Trump super PAC ad, calling on TV stations in South Carolina to stop airing a spot that attacks Biden and denouncing it as an effort to "sow division and confusion" and "suppress turnout among minority voters." https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/02/26/ugly-pro-trump-ad-weaponizes-audio-obama-showing-whats-coming/ …

4:40 PM - Feb 26, 2020

Oct 26, 2017
Let's hope Biden doesn't get too big of a bump from SC considering there's been so much early voting. I'm ready for this to be over.

I'm hoping just the opposite.

I hope Biden gets a massive bump in SC assuming he does well. I want this to be a legit two person race with both the progressive and moderate lane represented. And then just let the best old white man win.

But if Bernie wraps up everything with the moderate lane being the majority but fragmented, it will be a complete shitshow. You'll have people like Bloomberg going all the way to convention. Bernie will have a majority of delegates, but the party will not unite around him if it appears he's only winning because moderates are fragmented.

You may not like it, but Bernie will be a stronger nominee if he beats a singular moderate candidate rather than taking advantage of a spit-field that actually outnumbers him.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
If those were the final numbers Warren would scoop up some delegates.

Still think it's a pretty good fallback strategy (Warren releases her delegates at the convention to give Sanders an assist on a second round of voting if it comes to that), though she should probably drop out after Super Tuesday unless she magically finishes first in a bunch of states or something.

It is just hilarious to me that all of the "moderate" Democrats refused to get behind a single someone and in doing so cleared the way for Bernie to win easily.
Yeah dude's the frontrunner with high-20s/low-30s, it's pretty wild. It really is Trump 2016 all over again.

(preventative so no one jumps on me, my comparison is specifically of Sanders' and Trump's path to their respective nominations, nothing to do with their candidacies, positions or personalities)

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
So let's say that those DFP polls are accurate (and, given their track record, yeah).

Of the STATEWIDE delegates (NOT the CD delegates):

Virginia (34 statewide dels):

Bernie = 13
Biden = 7
Warren = 7
Bloomberg = 7

Colorado (23 statewide dels):

Bernie = 15
Warren = 8

studyguy

Oct 26, 2017
NRCC with this fucking obsession with Lucy McBath

Feel like literally anyone who isn't single digit IQ should have been like... wait a minute...
That said speaking of weird minority interactions from the GOP.

Who the fuck is this even for?
www.politico.com

Trump campaign’s plan to woo black voters: Retail stores

The centers will distribute pamphlets and sell merchandise, including hats and sweatshirts embroidered with the word “woke.”

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017
I expect if Biden wins SC by a lot, most "please not Bernie" moderates will stop messing around with Amy and Pete and go back to Biden

Jiggy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
wherever

Mr. Biden is counting on a win in the South Carolina primary on Saturday to help position him as the leading moderate challenger to Mr. Sanders, after three straight losses shredded Mr. Biden's status as the onetime front-runner. But even if he succeeds in South Carolina, his lack of resources and thin campaign organization in California and other states that vote next week on Super Tuesday present a daunting challenge to a candidacy already on precarious footing.

Interviews with party leaders in half a dozen Super Tuesday states suggest that the same vulnerabilities that plagued Mr. Biden beginning in Iowa — subpar organization, limited outreach to local Democrats and a late start to campaigning — are holding him back in the states that next week will dole out a third of the total delegates in the Democratic primary.

In California, Mr. Bloomberg has 24 offices and more than 300 staff members, while Mr. Sanders has 23 offices and just over 100 staff members, according to their campaigns. The Biden office in East Los Angeles is the only one in the state, and his campaign declined to say how many staff members it had on the ground.

One fucking office in California lmao

Oct 25, 2017
I was sure Warren would be fifth after Pete on ST. Pete might really drop out next week if he leaves some of these states with 0 delegates.

studyguy

Oct 26, 2017
Literally anyone but Sanders is going to be fucking demolished in CA.
Everyone on here forgets we're already voting early, the SC election probably won't impact soon enough even if he does well.

Also

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
Single poll and all but those VA numbers really leap out at me because it should be a strong state for Biden.
Yeah I originally assumed the best Bernie could do on Super Tuesday was win California, Colorado, Maine, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Oklahoma, Utah and Vermont. Which would still be impressive! 8 out of 14, so he'd win more states, but my guiding assumption was Biden would smoke him in the remaining six states - Alabama, Arkansas, North Carolina, Tennessee, Texas and Virginia - and come out with a delegate lead.

That being said, since then I've felt Sanders has a real shot at flipping North Carolina, Texas and Virginia. And if his math is good enough to win there, he's probably winning the other eight states (with more favorable demographics) by wide margins.

Regardless of how the delegate math shakes out though, 18 states will have voted by Tuesday and Sanders may have won all but four of them. (I'm counting Iowa as a Sanders win on the grounds of the popular vote, in case anyone wants to be pedantic about Buttigieg winning the delegate count there) If that's the case Biden is going to be a very tough sell.

Oct 25, 2017
jesse jackson

twitter.com

jeremy scahill on Twitter

““Joe Biden is seen as connected to Barack. He was put on the ticket to balance the ticket, not enhance it... Biden was Barack’s right wing. With Barack out, there’s nothing left but the right wing.” 3/8”

twitter.com

jeremy scahill on Twitter

““But Barack has not objected at all to the Bloomberg commercials. If he objected at all, it would change that whole commercial apparatus. His silence, permission to let Bloomberg do that, is a factor now in this equation.” 7/8”

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

nypost.com

Rudy Giuliani asked me to cancel election so he’d stay mayor post-9/11: Pataki

He wanted to be “America’s mayor” a whole lot longer. Rudy Giuliani secretly asked then-New York Gov. George Pataki to cancel New York City’s 2001 mayoral election so he cou…

He wanted to be "America's mayor" a whole lot longer.
Rudy Giuliani secretly asked then-New York Gov. George Pataki to cancel New York City's 2001 mayoral election so he could remain in office following the Sept. 11 terror attack, a new book reveals.
The bombshell revelation is contained in Pataki's upcoming memoir of 9/11, "Beyond the Great Divide: How A Nation Became A Neighborhood."
In an excerpt obtained by The Post, Pataki recalls how he attended a press conference with Giuliani and then-Japanese Prime Minister Junichiro Koizumi at Manhattan's Pier 92 on Sept. 24, 2001.
As they began leaving, Giuliani — who a day before had been hailed as "America's mayor" by Oprah Winfrey during a Yankee Stadium prayer service — asked Pataki for a "private meeting" and they walked into a small room to talk.
Following an exchange of the "usual formalities," Giuliani "dropped a bomb," Pataki writes.
"Governor, you have extraordinary powers to extend my term in office," Giuliani said.

Box of Kittens

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, obviously those CO numbers are also good for Bernie and bad for Biden, but if Biden isn't winning VA where is he winning?

Status
Not open for further replies.