• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arm Van Dam

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 30, 2019
Illinois
Ralph Abraham not running for re-election after not making the runoff in the LA governor's race last year

Today, I am officially announcing my retirement from Congress following the completion of my current third term. I am forever grateful to the people of Louisiana for entrusting me with their representation in the US House of Representatives.

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017

www.nytimes.com

Trump Campaign Will Open Storefronts in Swing States to Reach Black Voters (Published 2020)

The centers will register voters, sell campaign merchandise and promote policies that have benefited African-Americans, the campaign said.
WASHINGTON — In its latest attempt to win over African-American voters, President Trump's 2020 campaign said Wednesday it would lease 15 retail properties in predominately black neighborhoods across swing states like Florida and Pennsylvania, where it will build welcoming "community centers" that sell merchandise, register voters and spread the word about Trump policies that have helped black communities.
On Wednesday afternoon, senior Trump campaign officials offered reporters a tour through a mock-up storefront it built inside its campaign headquarters in Arlington, Va.
Hoodies bearing the slogan "WOKE" were on display for sale in the mock community center. A large television screen played a stream of testimonials from black voters talking about why they supported Mr. Trump. Posters featuring smiling African-American supporters highlighted the administration's work overhauling the criminal justice system, its funding of historically black colleges and universities, and the country's unemployment rate, the lowest in 50 years.
Colorful pamphlets advertised Mr. Trump as "a builder of communities and the American Dream," and a rendering showed a possible exterior design for a center inside of what looked like a mall.
The centers, which will be about the size of a small storefront, are planned for Jacksonville, Orlando, Tampa, and Miami, Fla.; Atlanta, Ga.; Detroit, Mich.; Columbus and Cleveland, Ohio; Philadelphia and Pittsburgh, Pa.; Charlotte, Raleigh and Greensboro, N.C.; and Milwaukee, Wis.
"It's a woke concept," said Katrina Pierson, a senior campaign adviser. "For decades you have had a community that has been controlled by the Democratic Party. Republicans haven't even gone into deliver their message."
Mr. Trump won just 8 percent of African-American voters in the 2016 election. Senior campaign officials said they are spending millions of dollars on the new retail spaces in order to increase his support among black voters. Trump advisers say they do not need to increase his support significantly to make a difference in a handful of critical battleground states in November.

This bitch...

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

As if anyone should need this anymore. Complete embarrassment that Biden and Buttigieg, as well as CBS, conflated this into an issue. Political theater.

pooptest

Oct 27, 2017

www.nytimes.com

Trump Campaign Will Open Storefronts in Swing States to Reach Black Voters (Published 2020)

The centers will register voters, sell campaign merchandise and promote policies that have benefited African-Americans, the campaign said.
WASHINGTON — In its latest attempt to win over African-American voters, President Trump's 2020 campaign said Wednesday it would lease 15 retail properties in predominately black neighborhoods across swing states like Florida and Pennsylvania, where it will build welcoming "community centers" that sell merchandise, register voters and spread the word about Trump policies that have helped black communities.
On Wednesday afternoon, senior Trump campaign officials offered reporters a tour through a mock-up storefront it built inside its campaign headquarters in Arlington, Va.
Hoodies bearing the slogan "WOKE" were on display for sale in the mock community center. A large television screen played a stream of testimonials from black voters talking about why they supported Mr. Trump. Posters featuring smiling African-American supporters highlighted the administration's work overhauling the criminal justice system, its funding of historically black colleges and universities, and the country's unemployment rate, the lowest in 50 years.
Colorful pamphlets advertised Mr. Trump as "a builder of communities and the American Dream," and a rendering showed a possible exterior design for a center inside of what looked like a mall.
The centers, which will be about the size of a small storefront, are planned for Jacksonville, Orlando, Tampa, and Miami, Fla.; Atlanta, Ga.; Detroit, Mich.; Columbus and Cleveland, Ohio; Philadelphia and Pittsburgh, Pa.; Charlotte, Raleigh and Greensboro, N.C.; and Milwaukee, Wis.
"It's a woke concept," said Katrina Pierson, a senior campaign adviser. "For decades you have had a community that has been controlled by the Democratic Party. Republicans haven't even gone into deliver their message."
Mr. Trump won just 8 percent of African-American voters in the 2016 election. Senior campaign officials said they are spending millions of dollars on the new retail spaces in order to increase his support among black voters. Trump advisers say they do not need to increase his support significantly to make a difference in a handful of critical battleground states in November.

Sorry for the naivety, but is this legal if someone (Snow Tha Product) owns the Trademark, specifically for the branding of apparel?

Ref: https://trademarks.justia.com/857/21/woke-85721458.html

hyouko

Oct 27, 2017

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018

As if anyone should need this anymore. Complete embarrassment that Biden and Buttigieg, as well as CBS, conflated this into an issue. Political theater.

Obama speaking in Cuba at the end of his Presidency != Bernie running for President.

John Oliver requests that his comments here not be taken out of context.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Obama speaking in Cuba at the end of his Presidency != Bernie running for President.

they're equal in the same regard that it's offensive to think it's a story more deserving than a million other subjects. they couldn't even ask a climate change question for god's sake.

when obama said it, republicans said the same things democrats are saying now. should be ashamed. buttigieg and biden insulting a healthy outlook on american foreign policy is the bigger controversy by far.

cuba has fucking better lifespans than the USA! and it's been under an authoritarian government for decades! the USA's school systems are crumbling but somehow cuba manages to get its shit together to pay for them! imagine being a presidential candidate and not being able to acknowledge these factual realities.

Feb 14, 2018

Funny, I was just reading about Yoho yesterday. He represents Gainesville (UF) and part of Jacksonville and is retiring this year. It's a ridiculously gerrymandered district of course, but I'm still a bit surprised a major college town and the burbs of a major city aren't at least competitive. Guess that's FL for you.

Atenhaus

Oct 25, 2017
Puget Sound
WA and OR are a bit too white but I'm up for it.
Maybe we can cut off the Eastern part of each state. We'd still have a whole lot of white folks, but most of them would be malleable.

On another note to the whole thread: How likely is it that we're about to enter a Corona-virus-led recession in the next quarter or two? I've been reading up on the economic disruption that the spread of the virus would cause, but I haven't seen many projections re: a recession.

Eastern OR is completely gone (save for the well-to-do liberals in Bend), but come on man Eastern WA has Ellensburg, Yakima, and Spokane as islands of blue in a sea of shit red. You wanna leave us to the wolves? 😭

Oct 25, 2017
As an Oregonian, let's include Nevada, they are cool.

California x Oregon x Washington x Nevada would slay

I'm in on this.

Eastern OR is completely gone (save for the well-to-do liberals in Bend), but come on man Eastern WA has Ellensburg, Yakima, and Spokane as islands of blue in a sea of shit red. You wanna leave us to the wolves? 😭

Sorry, bruh. If you like the small-town life, you could always use the money from of Pacifica's generaous re-settlement package to build Aberdeen or Hoquiam into Yakima West or something.

RiPPn

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
You should watch the Chris Hayes clip posted a couple pages back in this thread regarding this. It's crazy how much traction this issue got while Trump is getting away with his praise of Modi.

They do anything about chris matthews?
He made a formal apology on air. Though minutes later went in on Sanders about his Cuba comment, so he learned about as much as Trump did from impeachment.

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
The MSNBC contributor then took aim at the women of color who work for Sanders. "I don't care how many people from the island of misfit black girls you throw out there to defend you," Johnson exclaimed.

tenor.png

GoldenEye 007

Roll Tide, Y'all!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas

Not sure why that matters much. Obama will be heavily campaigning for the nominee more than likely, right? Especially in a place like Florida? If that's the case, then it seems Obama should stay out of FL since old GOP Cuban voters will very much dislike him.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
"I'd like to introduce you to the Coronavirus Task Force which includes Mick Mu;vaney, Mick Mulvaney, Mick Mulaveny, and a signed copy of 'Art Of The Deal'."

madstarr12

Jan 25, 2018
I wonder what margin Biden needs to get in SC to get the momentum he needs.

Clemson's poll has him +18 over 2nd place Steyer.

Clemson In 2016 had Hillary +50 over Sanders. The actual win was +47.5.

minato

Oct 27, 2017
They had both Chris Mathews and Carville on last night and both of their tones were totally different. Basically just offering analysis without any of the massive hyperbole. Chris even defended Bernie to one Bloomberg rep saying he never said anything like that.

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
I wonder what margin Biden needs to get in SC to get the momentum he needs.

Clemson's poll has him +18 over 2nd place Steyer.

Clemson In 2016 had Hillary +50 over Sanders. The actual win was +47.5.
It's kind of hard to take that poll seriously since they polled more than 2x the number of people aged 65+ who voted in 2016 and 1/5 the amount of 17-29.

LGHT_TRSN

Oct 25, 2017
I understand that this is a gaming forum, but let's not pretend that Dr. Mario isn't cashing those big-pharma checks prescribing opioids for literally everything.

SpitztheGreat

May 16, 2019
If you guys leave we're out on the east coast, too. Everything New York and above will go. It will be named New(er) England. Hold that shit, Boris.

I guess New Jersey can come, too
I can't lie, this is something that I have spent too much time really thinking about. In order for it all to work I think the northeast would need to bring Maryland along as well, and that brings along Delaware. Then you can't deny that a state like Pennsylvania would go a long ways in terms of resources and diversifying the economy. At that point, maybe we can swing Virginia, I'd hate to leave them behind just as they're getting their shit together.

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
Bernie gets 19% of the black vote in VA to Biden's 39%, but Bernie is getting 52% of the youth vote in VA while Biden only gets 11%.

But Bernie gets 0% of the Kirblar vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.