• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It does mean that people shouldn't posit tweets saying "Harry Reid didn't deny it!" like he said "No comment".
He's giving as much cover as he can to Sanders without explicitly denying it.
I really do not get Biden's campaign. I'm sure there will be interesting post mortems on the whole thing, but I honestly do not understand it at all. Like, if you think your best states are after the first three...that's totally fine. That was true for Hillary in 2016 as well. You still have to fucking try! I do not understand how he squandered this. I do not understand how he has no money. I do not understand how he has no ads or state infrastructure in Super Tuesday states. None of it makes sense. He has people working for him who aren't total fucking morons. How do you run a campaign this badly?

One thing Biden has shown, though, is that the 2016 convention wisdom about Hillary not trying in the primary is bullshit.Biden's campaign is one who acts inevitable, one who literally does not even the bare minimum to get by. It is incredibly hard to enter as the front runner and never lose that throughout the cycle. Biden couldn't even make it through Iowa.
Biden can't manage a campaign. That's basically all there is to it. Fundraising, ads, field organization, etc. He's just been coasting the whole time. If he had Hillary's skills in that area the race would look very different.
This is great. He should run on this more often.

Trump's been taking undeserved credit for this for years now. I'm pretty confident that the reason this doesn't come up is because of the nature of the reforms- they allowed vets to go through private providers instead of directly through the VA, which is very difficult to tout at the same time you're pushing M4A even though it was a big positive change.

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
I really do not get Biden's campaign. I'm sure there will be interesting post mortems on the whole thing, but I honestly do not understand it at all. Like, if you think your best states are after the first three...that's totally fine. That was true for Hillary in 2016 as well. You still have to fucking try! I do not understand how he squandered this. I do not understand how he has no money. I do not understand how he has no ads or state infrastructure in Super Tuesday states. None of it makes sense. He has people working for him who aren't total fucking morons. How do you run a campaign this badly?
I think the only real question of note there is how he was so poor at fundraising. Everything else seems to stem from a lack of money.

They clearly built things up expecting to be a large campaign, but without securing funds, it's really just scaffolding. You can't do anything with scaffolding.

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
I think the only real question of note there is how he was so poor at fundraising. Everything else seems to stem from a lack of money.

They clearly built things up expecting to be a large campaign, but without securing funds, it's really just scaffolding. You can't do anything with scaffolding.
Ya, the fundraising thing is the big WTF from me. How is he so bad at it? Literally, he was Veep! H has no qualms with bundlers or anything. So why in the world is he broke? I get it now, who wants to throw away money on that mess, but when he was top of the polls? Like the other day, he was touting that since the debate they raised a million dollars. Like...girl, that's horrible.

One thing Biden imploding has answered for us, I think: Had he entered in 2016, he'd have been crushed by Hillary. So that's nice, I guess.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ya, the fundraising thing is the big WTF from me. How is he so bad at it? Literally, he was Veep! H has no qualms with bundlers or anything. So why in the world is he broke? I get it now, who wants to throw away money on that mess, but when he was top of the polls? Like the other day, he was touting that since the debate they raised a million dollars. Like...girl, that's horrible.

One thing Biden imploding has answered for us, I think: Had he entered in 2016, he'd have been crushed by Hillary. So that's nice, I guess.
Biden represented Delaware. Do you even have to fundraise in Delaware given that it's a state whose economy is based heavily on the financial services industry?

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
All of these jokers would have been crushed by Hillary.

I wish they had all run against her. Maybe if she had ground them all into dust we'd get some actual good candidates running in 2020.

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
Biden represented Delaware. Do you even have to fundraise in Delaware given that it's a state whose economy is based heavily on the financial services industry?
Right!? I just assumed people would give him money. I really, really, really don't get it.

All of these jokers would have been crushed by Hillary.

I wish they had all run against her. Maybe if she had ground them all into dust we'd get some actual good candidates running in 2020.
;(
I don't hate Pete, but I would live to watch Hillary eat his soul on live television.

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney
Once Obama failed to talk him out of running, didn't he suggest Biden expand his inner circle or something?

Might be a clue there why the campaign is run aground.

Gashprex

Oct 25, 2017

One thing Biden has shown, though, is that the 2016 convention wisdom about Hillary not trying in the primary is bullshit.Biden's campaign is one who acts inevitable, one who literally does not even the bare minimum to get by. It is incredibly hard to enter as the front runner and never lose that throughout the cycle. Biden couldn't even make it through Iowa.

The main disconnect is probably that he currently thinks he is running for Senator

Mezentine

Oct 25, 2017
This primary is such a shitshow that I finally just deleted my Twitter account and I already feel much better.

The next eight months are still going to be a nightmare though

DinosaurusRex

Oct 26, 2017
My name's Corn Pop and I'm running to be breakfast of champions. Barack Obama. Thank you!

edit: this wouldn't make a half bad thread title, if I do say so myself 🤷🏻‍♂️

SSF1991

Jun 19, 2018
Maryland poll, the first since September. Also a pre-debate & Nevada poll, and the first Maryland poll since Bloomberg joined the race:

#Maryland @gouchercollege Poll (2/13-19):
Sanders 24%
Biden 18%
Bloomberg 16%
Buttigieg 7%
Klobuchar 6%
Warren 6%
Gabbard 0%
Steyer 0%

Bernie (+14)
Biden (-15)
Bloomberg (+16)
Warren (-15)
Pete (-2)
Klobuchar (+5)

Bernie lost this state 4 years ago. Their primary isn't until April though.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Damn Sanders been saving for the moment when he could bust out the "how you gonna pay for your stuff" receipts:

Also has Sanders addressing the Castro statement in here.

aspiegamer

Oct 27, 2017
ZzzzzzZzzzZzz...
I'm sure this'll go just like when Warren put out her paying-for-it details and people shat on her for it being unrealistic.

It's also worth a mention that you can't ever exactly know how much something like that would cost. Medicare isn't appropriations. You'd have to start at whatever the total cash through the system is now and then hope you keep running costs down from there. If you don't start at that level you'd instantly put hundreds of hospitals and clinics out of business.

Meauxse

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
The Warren wallpapers sent to donors earlier are awesome. Because they are all Bailey.

Sample:

hMA1iJP.jpg

Also, been out for a few days on Vaca so I've some serious reading to do before tonight jeez

SSF1991

Jun 19, 2018
If the Sanders that appeared in tonight's town hall is the same Sanders that shows up to tomorrow's debate, then he will do just fine.

SSF1991

Jun 19, 2018
Absolutely. It's going to be extremely difficult to attack him if he is this prepared during the debate

The fact he's already prepared like this, even for a town hall, is insane. And seeing that he's already got a solid response to the Castro thing not even 24 hours after the news broke is even more insane. Bernie's campaign hasn't been perfect, but it couldn't have picked a better time to be at its best.

ChippyTurtle

Banned
Oct 13, 2018
The Warren wallpapers sent to donors earlier are awesome. Because they are all Bailey.

Sample:

hMA1iJP.jpg

Also, been out for a few days on Vaca so I've some serious reading to do before tonight jeez

I hate the fact this is shifting me to vote for Warren. I have the ballot, was gonna go for Bernie even tho I'm a moderate but Warren.....

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Watching Biden be pushed on stage to mumble and get the election wrong is honestly just depressing. He has one decent debate and then his mental acuity crumbles. Hard to not feel like what's left of his campaign staff is exploiting him.

spx54

Mar 21, 2019
Watching Biden be pushed on stage to mumble and get the election wrong is honestly just depressing. He has one decent debate and then his mental acuity crumbles. Hard to not feel like what's left of his campaign staff is exploiting him.

yeah he was pretty sharp at the last debate and then he just disintegrates. sad stuff.

Deleted member 28564

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I hope Joe does poorly in the debate. Like, noticeably poorly. Like, 'maybe I should vote for someone else' poorly. So I gladly welcome all the gaffes.

xenocide

Oct 25, 2017
Vermont
It's just Joe. Not age, not mental deterioration. He just screws up the words sometimes.

A part of it is likely his stutter. When he gets worked up is when he makes the most gaffes. He's incapable of having that high energy moment because he has developed mechanisms to prevent him from stuttering, that I suspect result in him saying the wrong thing in favor of having a moment where he gets hung up.

Dec 31, 2017
Bernie's townhall was fantastic. The one answer he can improve is on Castro. He's going with the "clarify the situation" angle, which is fine, but can come across as "right for the sake of being right." He can strengthen that answer byte strongly going on to denounce Castro. He does this and mentions other authoritarian regimes, but he should put some more oomph into it. And also drag Trump into it with his support of authoritarian goons. That would be a slam dunk.

The last thing you want is to double down on this answer in a "well akshully" way.

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
This is great. He should run on this more often.

I was actually on a tour in the senate chamber when they were talking about this bill. Was really cool, but it's funny when the senate is completely empty seeing just these two guys talking 75 feet apart.

Status
Not open for further replies.