• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jiggy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
wherever
There was an article from about a month ago analyzing the candidates' ground games on Super Tuesday states and Biden had literally nothing going on. He's going to tank next week.

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney
I still can't believe Biden has nothing for Super Tuesday.

It's the Name Recognition™ campaign

There was an article from about a month ago analyzing the candidates' ground games on Super Tuesday states and Biden had literally nothing going on. He's going to tank next week.

It feels like he and the leadership of his campaign were like "well, we're ahead in the polls, and nothing is going to change that" and then worked outwards from that.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I am a PhD in electrical engineering and I work in consultancy for grid integration. Lets stop pretending that emotions, NIMBY and sticker shock beat out technological efficiency. Like 1% of engineers take nuclear seriously because we understand that the public has moved away from it, and we live in the world of "real" not in the world of what could be.
I mean, in the world of the real the grid is gonna be propped up by natural gas which isn't great carbon-wise.

Oct 26, 2017
Yep, looks like no one is dropping out before Super Tuesday.

Which is huge for Bernie.

Steyer, Klob, and Warren should all drop out. None of those three have a pathway to the nomination at this point. I'll admit I'm liking Warren in the debates, but people can't keep running just stay in debates. They should be running to win and when it appears there's no viable way to win the nomination, they should drop out.

The people who should stay in right now are Bernie, Butti, and Biden. And Bloomberg has one shot on Super Tuesday and if his numbers are anemic, he should drop out as well.

Oct 25, 2017
lmao I noticed this. you can hear it even more when pete's talking to black audiences

twitter.com

John Heilemann on Twitter

“If imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, then @PeteButtigieg must really be trying butter up @BarackObama. https://t.co/zqcxiccs1i”

GrapeApes

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

twitter.com

Sahil Kapur on Twitter

““Call up Harry Reid people. He will deny it.” Patrick Leahy “will deny it too,” Bernie Sanders says of the idea that he wanted to run against Obama in ‘12.”

twitter.com

Edward-Isaac Dovere on Twitter

“Harry Reid was asked about it last week - and he didn't deny it Pat Leahy was also asked about it last week - and he didn't deny it https://t.co/rBLxC5WLqQ https://t.co/zmKrrTWmap”

Oct 25, 2017

twitter.com

Sahil Kapur on Twitter

““Call up Harry Reid people. He will deny it.” Patrick Leahy “will deny it too,” Bernie Sanders says of the idea that he wanted to run against Obama in ‘12.”

twitter.com

Edward-Isaac Dovere on Twitter

“Harry Reid was asked about it last week - and he didn't deny it Pat Leahy was also asked about it last week - and he didn't deny it https://t.co/rBLxC5WLqQ https://t.co/zmKrrTWmap”

this poster seems like a clown

TheFatOne

Oct 27, 2017
Catching up on the town hall today. Not going to lie that move by Bernie to pull out some paper with how he's going to pay for his plans was really slick.

Oct 25, 2017
Actual pending results aside, the irony of Sanders supporters saying "after super tuesday, it's over" is palpable.
I was very anti Sanders in 2016 and years after and hated that he stayed in the race after her had been clearly mathmatically eliminated months before the election.

I feel like I am being consistent with wanting others to drop out if he wins big on Super Tuesday. We need to get Trump and Pence out.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
I was very anti Sanders in 2016 and years after and hated that he stayed in the race after her had been clearly mathmatically eliminated months before the election.

I feel like I am being consistent with wanting others to drop out if he wins big on Super Tuesday. We need to get Trump and Pence out.

If he wins big, nobody can threaten him at the convention. It'll be fine. Right now, them staying in helps split the vote.

GrapeApes

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Can't read the Tweet?
Just a screenshot verifying that the only people denying the story is Bernie and people who work for him.

ERlztwUWAAIJEbZ

Slim Action

Jul 4, 2018
A significant Coronavirus outbreak in the U.S. would hurt the Trump administration very badly. They need to be taking it seriously if only for self-preservation.

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
Was Rush one of the ones who told people to stay in their homes during a hurricane? Or am I thinking of someone else? All these idiots run together.

Oct 25, 2017
It's a quote that isn't a denial. He's not actually saying it didn't happen but Bernie would have been a fool to do it.

I think people need to learn to read in between the lines.
The man said that Harry Reid didn't deny it. Harry basically denied Bernie ever saying it when he said "Bernie's no fool" and squashed his story lmfao.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
A significant Coronavirus outbreak in the U.S. would hurt the Trump administration very badly. They need to be taking it seriously if only for self-preservation.
Yeah but if they show they're taking it seriously, and if Trump expressed even 1/10th the concern he did during 2014's ebola scare, it could harm his stock market and therefore his re-election.

GrapeApes

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The man said that Harry Reid didn't deny it. Harry basically denied it to when he said "Bernie's no fool" and squashed his story lmfao.
He then says Bernie is no fool which means he didn't do it
He's saying he's not going to discuss their convo and then gives an opinion. It's meant to look like a denial but actually isn't.
Messina called Reid, then the Senate majority leader, who had built a strong relationship with Sanders but was also fiercely defensive of Obama. What could you be thinking? Reid asked Sanders, according to multiple people who remember the conversations. You need to stop.

A denial would be that this never happened.

Oct 26, 2017
South Carolina
A significant Coronavirus outbreak in the U.S. would hurt the Florida Man administration very badly. They need to be taking it seriously if only for self-preservation.

That's the elephant in the room about basic, core expectations that a chief executive and his staff are expected to be decent at isn't a thing here from NO ONE EXPECTING IT. Either we wail about it or the base points fingers away to cover it up.

Why? Cuz Cucinnelli is up there on The Twitters, doing research like a jr. high kid not a pirmary officer of the US government. Cuz he wasn't hired to defend the nation from threats within our borders and he's shitty at it. He was hired to be a thug and he's good at it.

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
I really do not get Biden's campaign. I'm sure there will be interesting post mortems on the whole thing, but I honestly do not understand it at all. Like, if you think your best states are after the first three...that's totally fine. That was true for Hillary in 2016 as well. You still have to fucking try! I do not understand how he squandered this. I do not understand how he has no money. I do not understand how he has no ads or state infrastructure in Super Tuesday states. None of it makes sense. He has people working for him who aren't total fucking morons. How do you run a campaign this badly?

One thing Biden has shown, though, is that the 2016 convention wisdom about Hillary not trying in the primary is bullshit.Biden's campaign is one who acts inevitable, one who literally does not even the bare minimum to get by. It is incredibly hard to enter as the front runner and never lose that throughout the cycle. Biden couldn't even make it through Iowa.

GrapeApes

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Again, the only people denying the story is Sanders and his camp.
It does mean that people shouldn't posit tweets saying "Harry Reid didn't deny it!" like he said "No comment".
No comment is not a denial. Plus you have multiple people confirming the story.
Harry Reid knows Bernie a lot better than any of us and his comment was pretty clear, he was never going to seriously challenge Obama.
I'm not arguing that is was going to be a serious challenge. I'm pointing out no one has actually denied the conversations taking place but Sanders and company. It would have never been a serious challenge but it was serious enough for Obama to panic about.

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
I feel like the Sanders primarying Obama argument misses the forest for the trees. Bernie is literally on tape saying someone should do it. That's just as much of a gotcha as saying he was going to be the one to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.