• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
TheHunter

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The whole "Corbyn is being smeared" stuff coming from the UK left over any negative story about him was a complete head-in-sand ostrich moment, and that approach can't be repeated here, or the same thing will happen. You literally had a twitter account called "Stats for Lefties" being unironically posted in the election thread that was to the 2019 election what Karl Rove and "Numbers to make Right Wingers feel good" was in 2012 w/ Romney/Obama.
To be fair, Bernie isn't Corbyn; who had/has legitimate anti-scemetic issues within Labor.

spx54

Mar 21, 2019
yeah bernie really needs to tighten up his messaging on Cuba/red scare bullshit. he can't let that become a liability.

GoldenEye 007

Roll Tide, Y'all!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
For all the hand-wringing about FL, Bloomberg seems to be about the only person looking good there by a wide margin looking at RCP polling averages. Outside of Biden and ironically Sanders, no other person polls ahead of Trump. And if Bloomberg is the person who the FL electorate truly wants, it's a lost cause anyway and not shocking that state would go for the second most and even arguably the most racist person in this race.

And unfortunately for Biden, he can't seem to campaign and it's basically on life support. And Bloomberg isn't sniffing the nom on account of his massive racism among other things.

SSF1991

Jun 19, 2018
Bloomberg isn't sniffing the nom on account of his massive racism among other things.

I hope the other candidates keep attacking Bloomberg. I know Bernie's the frontrunner and all, so I have no doubt he'll get attacked too, but Bloomberg is easily the biggest issue that Democrats have right now. No one but people he's paying want him. No one.

Arm Van Dam

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 30, 2019
Illinois

Trump has a hit list.

Potential hires she offered to Trump, per sources with direct knowledge:

• Sheriff David Clarke for a senior Homeland Security role.
  • Fox News regular and former Secret Service agent Dan Bongino for a Homeland Security or counterterrorism adviser role.
  • Devin Nunes aide Derek Harvey for the National Security Council (where he served before McMaster pushed him out).
  • Radio talk show host Chris Plante for press secretary.
  • Federalist contributor Ben Weingarten for the National Security Council.

giphy.gif

Oct 28, 2017
To be fair, Bernie isn't Corbyn; who had/has legitimate anti-scemetic issues within Labor.

Corbyn's problem was his Brexit policy. Everything is just extra.

The conservatives quickly adopted leave and everyone, including the micro parties, stepped in line. They promised an end of the uncertainty, even if it would result in the UK eating shit.

I don't think Labor promised anything definitively and Corbyn tried to run from the issue by trying to have it both ways. That doesn't work when the other party is being clear with what they're offering. The election itself was incredibly policy light.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Now this is going to be part of the the news cycle.

patientzero

Oct 25, 2017
The point isn't that no one will care, there will be a ton of bad faith attacks. The point is not a single persons vote is going to change because it. Haven't the last four years gotten through the point that the average person does not care about these typical of political arguments?

Look up the following terms -

- Baking cookies, ala Hillary Clinton in 1992
- Lockbox, Gore 2000
Sighing during debates, ala Gore 2000
- Swiftboating, Kerry 2004
- "Acceptable level of terrorism", ala Kerry
- Reverend Jeremiah Wright
- Kale, ala Obama
- Tan suit, ala Obama

And more.

Not a single campaign is not beset by weird shit that seems inconsequential, until it does. And it works.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Can someone explain to me the Obama tan suit controversy?

What's the controversy?

bluexy

Verified
Oct 25, 2017

Bernie as the nominee is going to be a fucking shit show.

i mean it's going to be against trump. of course it's going to be a nightmare. the difference, imo, is going to be whether establishment dems choose trump over sanders. we're definitely seeing the start of that process, the introspection, already. it's going to be a rough few months as they decide their priorities.

Slim Action

Jul 4, 2018
As far as a wide swath of Americans were concerned, the underlying scandal of the Obama administration was that there was a black President. Any little scandal would have stuck to him because of that. The inconvenient fact that he was (personally) the most squeaky-clean President in US History led to lots of tacky little shit like the tan suit being thrown at him.

OfficerRob

Oct 25, 2017
The tan suit and saluting with a coffee cup "controversies" should tell you all you need to know about Republicans and Democrats not being held to the same standard. So when it's pointed out how Bernie saying positives things about Casto isn't helpful, countering that Trump says nice things about racists and dictators doesn't mean a damn thing

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
As far as a wide swath of Americans were concerned, the underlying scandal of the Obama administration was that there was a black President. Any little scandal would have stuck to him because of that. The inconvenient fact that he was (personally) the most squeaky-clean President in US History led to lots of tacky little shit like the tan suit being thrown at him.
Yeah this is the thing. Obama was so pristine (well minus stuff like drone striking but I doubt GOP cares about) that they tried to manufacture anything on him.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i mean it's going to be against trump. of course it's going to be a nightmare. the difference, imo, is going to be whether establishment dems choose trump over sanders. we're definitely seeing the start of that process, the introspection, already. it's going to be a rough few months as they decide their priorities.
Donna Shalala is not going to be voting Trump over Sanders!

Date sort of important on that one! You can get away with more nuance as a lame duck President.

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
The media and moderate Dems are going to have a collective aneurysm.
The nominee also has obligations to the rest of the party and people running downballot - namely, to make their elections as easy as possible and not creating unnecessary puddles for them to avoid.

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
i mean it's going to be against trump. of course it's going to be a nightmare. the difference, imo, is going to be whether establishment dems choose trump over sanders.
You know, I get so tired of the word "establishment." It's so overused it's ridiculous. These no good horrible establishment democrats are the ones who have been working in, for and near the party for 30 years. Not fucking off to Vermont to be an Independent when the mood suits. But more than that, these no good, horrible, terrible establishment democrats are the ones Bernie is going to need to pass his agenda.

By all means, run against Trump, run against the GOP, run against THE ESTABLISHMENT, run against the party, run against all of it. Why not!?

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Date sort of important on that one! You can get away with more nuance as a lame duck President.
Of course it is. I'm not saying what Sanders did was a smart thing but other dems calling him out while staying mute about Obama is a pretty hypocritical look.

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
So now we're entering the phase where we accept him as the nominee, but any time we offer constructive criticism that would help him as well as all the other Democrats in the party he wants to lead get elected, it gets dismissed as, "Moderate/corporate/spineless Dems can't handle it really want Trump blah blah."

Cool.

bluexy

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
The nominee also has obligations to the rest of the party and people running downballot - namely, to make their elections as easy as possible and not creating unnecessary puddles for them to avoid.
absolutely. hopefully the big press outlets are getting these gotcha questions out of their system then.
You know, I get so tired of the word "establishment." It's so overused it's ridiculous. These no good horrible establishment democrats are the ones who have been working in, for and near the party for 30 years. Not fucking off to Vermont to be an Independent when the mood suits. But more than that, these no good, horrible, terrible establishment democrats are the ones Bernie is going to need to pass his agenda.

By all means, run against Trump, run against the GOP, run against THE ESTABLISHMENT, run against the party, run against all of it. Why not!?
well fuck me for using a widely used term i guess.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

You better hope that those Democrats don't start endorsing Bloomberg more so than they already have because this rhetoric is going to be dialed up to 11.

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
So now we're entering the phase where we accept him as the nominee, but any time we offer constructive criticism that would help him as well as all the other Democrats in the party he wants to lead get elected, it gets dismissed as, "Moderate/corporate/spineless Dems can't handle it really want Trump blah blah."

Cool.
I gotta admit, it took less time than I thought.

OfficerRob

Oct 25, 2017

Cool.
You are clearly part of...the establishment!!!

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
The point is valid but he needs to frame it differently. Because this is how the crony authoritarian governments retain power- they hand out benefits to placate and gain the support of various groups.
Yep, happens with Saudi Arabia too. But they're our friends so it's ok.

bluexy

Verified
Oct 25, 2017

Cool.
i think we've been posting in different forums if you see this as the "we accept him as the nominee" phase.

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
Accepting someone as the nominee does not excuse them from all criticism when they do stupid asinine shit. Bernie will be given the exact amount of the benefit of the doubt he has earned.

GoldenEye 007

Roll Tide, Y'all!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas

Cool.
Well to be fair, nothing we say here is is going to help anyone. He'll never see this. We're not that important.

bluexy

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
And you're clearly on another planet if you don't think everyone here will accept it if it happens and vote for him.
clearly getting there isn't going to be graceful. to call what a lot of people have been posting "constructive criticism" is stretch for both of those words' definitions.

Status
Not open for further replies.