• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

XMonkey

Oct 26, 2017
Uggh. This makes me not want to vote in the California primary. Was for Harris. Then for Warren. My hate for Bernie is irrational at this point so he's out. (Yes I will vote for him if he's the nominee, no question) Fuck Bloomberg. Never liked Biden. Amy is problematic. Getting super depressed about this election.

Edit: Forgot about Pete. Fuck that guy too.
You should still vote for Warren in CA. She's polling well and can likely reach viability and there's a ton of delegates up for grabs in CA. I'm definitely not changing my vote.

Oct 25, 2017
That's what a lot of people are looking for

Yup.

That poll that said primary voters in NH were angry about Trump's administration is just a taste. People want someone to go HAM on Trump.

Bloomberg has the money and the asshole personality to do just that. Further, it's pretty clear after 2016 that the typical American voter thinks that zingers are a sign of strength.

I'm going to enjoy this extremely important election being a dick-measuring contest between two childish racist conservative fucks. Really, really enjoyable.

thefro

Oct 25, 2017
This will change if Warren and Biden Collapse.

In fact, I would say NH tonight was REALLY bad news long term for Bernie for the following:

>NH is a very white state near his home state.
>Warren is the Closest candidate to his postions and is friendly with him
>Warren's collapse in the polls to this final result showed almost NONE of the Warren voters went to Bernie.
>Amy and Pete appear to have taken the vast majority of Warren's voters....and that has to be extremely concerning to anyone thinking long term for Bernie.

Bernie's best hope is there are 3 or 4 candidates picking up delegates well past super Tuesday with no clear winner. We'll see what happens.

Facts are Facts here folks.

Right, and also I think some of Bernie's polling strength is just people only knowing him and Biden.

He's got money and good volunteer support but especially if he wants to avoid a contested convention, he's going to need to expand his base.

Meauxse

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
Fuck NH and Iowa going first. Never again. They need to be put in the corner and shunted to the back. Pick a diverse state representative of the USA that's not enormous like CA or Texas and have several of them go first. NV, NJ, GA, AZ.

NH is useful when the President is term limited and both parties have candidates. It is not a diverse state, only politically.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Bloomberg ran as a republican for political reasons. He was registered democratic until 2001, then left the republican party in 2007.
The party establishment is well aware of what Bloomberg is.
Do you think the party establishment is also aware that Bloomberg was donating to House Republican candidates barely two years ago?

TheFatOne

Oct 27, 2017
This will change if Warren and Biden Collapse.

In fact, I would say NH tonight was REALLY bad news long term for Bernie for the following:

>NH is a very white state near his home state.
>Warren is the Closest candidate to his postions and is friendly with him
>Warren's collapse in the polls to this final result showed almost NONE of the Warren voters went to Bernie.
>Amy and Pete appear to have taken the vast majority of Warren's voters....and that has to be extremely concerning to anyone thinking long term for Bernie.

Bernie's best hope is there are 3 or 4 candidates picking up delegates well past super Tuesday with no clear winner. We'll see what happens.

Facts are Facts here folks.
So what do Pete and Amy do with non white voters going forward? Both are polling badly with non white voters, and they are about to go through NV and SC before super Tuesday. I would argue this is essentially what Sanders wants right now. Several candidates splitting the votes between them allowing him to win states outright.

less

Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to enjoy this extremely important election being a dick-measuring contest between two childish racist conservative fucks. Really, really enjoyable.

True but I'm going to enjoy not having a disgusting shithole dumbass in charge who erodes the foundations of the US if Bloomberg wins. As shit as Bloomberg is, he's an improvement in some important aspects. And I'll take that if I must. :/

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
Do you think the party establishment is also aware that Bloomberg was donating to House Republican candidates barely two years ago?

In the past, Bloomberg has used the PAC to support Republicans and Democrats. But in 2018, he spent $38.1 million supporting only Democratic candidates in 33 House and Senate races. Rouda, Sherrill and Stevens were the second-, sixth- and seventh-largest beneficiaries, respectively, and their races accounted for 23% of what the super PAC spent.

asumetech.com

Mike Bloomberg Spent Millions To Put Them In Congress. Now, They're Endorsing Him. - Asume Tech

When Rep. Harley Rouda became one of the first members of Congress to endorse Mike Bloomberg for president, the California Democrat billed it as a marriage of moderates. “He has been a fiscal conservative and a social progressive, which is where I believe most Americans are,” Rouda said...

usYg2sx.png

www.opensecrets.org

Independence USA PAC Independent Expenditures

How did Independence USA PAC spend their PAC money in the 2017-2018 election cycle? See the details.

you're entitled to your own opinion, not your own facts.

JesseEwiak

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
So what do Pete and Amy do with non white voters going forward? Both are polling badly with non white voters, and they are about to go through NV and SC before super Tuesday. I would argue this is essentially what Sanders wants right now. Several candidates splitting the votes between them allowing him to win states outright.

All moderate candidates were doing badly with non-white voters because Biden had them swallowed all up. Now, freakin' Bloomberg might have 15-20% of the black vote.

maabus1999

Oct 26, 2017
And you think Sanders is polling super well either? Your scenario is the EXACT scenario Bloomberg is now counting on, and my post was evidence that as voters decide to shop elsewhere, it isn't Sanders....

patientzero

Oct 25, 2017
That must include repeats because that's more houses than the state has lol

Hey now, every house has multiple doors. Maybe they knocked at the front door, back door, bathroom door, bedroom doors...

"What I want out of each and every one of you is a hard-target search of every gas station, residence, warehouse, farmhouse, henhouse, outhouse and doghouse in that area."

less

Oct 25, 2017

I mean...Biden said some nice things about a Republican facing a tough reelection in a paid speech. I think that the party establishment wont' give much of a fuck.

Iolo

Oct 27, 2017
Britain
If some AA support can flee Biden to Mr. Stop & Frisk because of "electability", then it's conceivable it could also flow to Amy Klobucop, in a way that it might not to Buttigieg, who definitely inspires a more visceral dislike. I mean, I think Amy is probably a flash in the pan, just the flavor of the day who's only getting a look due to an unrepresentative state, and once she gets into the spotlight she'll wilt like every other candidate so far .... but I really don't think Bloomberg has this on lockdown.

Sky Chief

Oct 30, 2017
There's literally nothing he could do. Was he going to club the president over the head when the secret service wasn't looking? He was not able to take any action and any action he did take would have been immediately stopped by the AG.

All he needed to do was say something like "I believe that the President committed multiple crimes but I couldn't charge him because of DOJ policy"

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if Steyer possibly not making the next debate will lower his SC results. His debate presence is wholly dependent on whether or not pollsters get around to doing more SC polls by next Tues.

Oct 25, 2017
True but I'm going to enjoy not having a disgusting shithole dumbass in charge who erodes the foundations of the US if Bloomberg wins. As shit as Bloomberg is, he's an improvement in some important aspects. And I'll take that if I must. :/

Oh, yeah, I'm totally with you there. It's just, like, how did we get here? I remember how much hope I had for this country at the start of the last decade, and now I look at this country and it's fuckin' bleak, shit.

thefro

Oct 25, 2017
And you think Sanders is polling super well either? Your scenario is the EXACT scenario Bloomberg is now counting on, and my post was evidence that as voters decide to shop elsewhere, it isn't Sanders....

It's also proportional, so I wouldn't feel good unless Sanders plus his VP have ~45% of the delegates between them going into the convention

Like, we're at "Oprah brings the house down with a killer speech and is the nominee" territory if Bernie only controls ~30% or so of the delegates in a contested convention as the plurality leader.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
asumetech.com

Mike Bloomberg Spent Millions To Put Them In Congress. Now, They're Endorsing Him. - Asume Tech

When Rep. Harley Rouda became one of the first members of Congress to endorse Mike Bloomberg for president, the California Democrat billed it as a marriage of moderates. “He has been a fiscal conservative and a social progressive, which is where I believe most Americans are,” Rouda said...

usYg2sx.png

www.opensecrets.org

Independence USA PAC Independent Expenditures

How did Independence USA PAC spend their PAC money in the 2017-2018 election cycle? See the details.

you're entitled to your own opinion, not your own facts.
Wow, burn, you really got me, I guess it was just four years ago that Bloomberg last donated to House and Senate Republican campaigns. Good thing 2016 wasn't at all important.

MizerMan

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, yeah, I'm totally with you there. It's just, like, how did we get here? I remember how much hope I had for this country at the start of the last decade, and now I look at this country and it's fuckin' bleak, shit.

I remember when Obama was first elected and thought "Maybe, this is the beginning of something." I was right, but not in the way that I wanted at all.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Uggh. This makes me not want to vote in the California primary. Was for Harris. Then for Warren. My hate for Bernie is irrational at this point so he's out. (Yes I will vote for him if he's the nominee, no question) Fuck Bloomberg. Never liked Biden. Amy is problematic. Getting super depressed about this election.

Edit: Forgot about Pete. Fuck that guy too.

Got my mail-in ballot and I was all ready to vote my conscience for Warren but now...yeesh, I don't know. Voting Klobuchar wasn't even a remote possibility for me back during the holidays. What a year.

edit: for the record, not having a presidential preference is no excuse not to vote.

maabus1999

Oct 26, 2017
It's also proportional, so I wouldn't feel good unless Sanders plus his VP have ~45% of the delegates between them going into the convention

Like, we're at "Oprah brings the house down with a killer speech and is the nominee" territory if Bernie only controls ~30% or so of the delegates in a contested convention as the plurality leader.
Are you assuming his VP is going to be Warren? I highly doubt any other candidate will be his VP...and no one else brings delegates minus a couple Super's...

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
Wow, burn, you really got me, I guess it was just four years ago that Bloomberg last donated to House and Senate Republican campaigns. Good thing 2016 wasn't at all important.

I did, yes.

And that 38 million Bloomberg spent in 2018, as well as his direct support to people like Gillum is going to mean a lot more than the amount he spent supporting Toomey in 2016.

You can recognize this is going to matter when it comes down to who delegates will support, or you can bury your head in the sand and be surprised when it happens. Your call.

JesseEwiak

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Got my mail-in ballot and I was all ready to vote my conscience for Warren but now...yeesh, I don't know. Voting Klobuchar wasn't even a remote possibility for me back during the holidays. What a year.

edit: for the record, not having a presidential preference is no excuse not to vote.

If Warren is non-viable for the primary, I'm probably writing in John Kerry for shits 'n' giggles.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
There's literally nothing he could do. Was he going to club the president over the head when the secret service wasn't looking? He was not able to take any action and any action he did take would have been immediately stopped by the AG.
Mueller should have subpoenaed Trump Jr, and not been satisfied with evasive written responses from Trump.

patientzero

Oct 25, 2017

Feel pity for us poor fucks who started the 00s with Clinton in ascendancy, a largely peaceful world order, thinking Gore would continue the 90s...

less

Oct 25, 2017

We can probably point to a few different things but the biggest issues with the Dem party, in my opinion, was the lack of a viable relatively youngish Presidential candidate following Obama. Instead we were stuck with old ass people. One had crazy baggage and the other was a radical.

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know how I never knew this before now (maybe I did and just forgot) but I had no idea New Hampshire was such a razor thin Clinton victory in 2016. This entire time I thought it was a typically solid blue New England state!?

Is it in serious contention to flip to Trump?

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
You know, I don't disagree with Chris Matthews...but I find him such an odious person I don't want to admit to that in polite company.

Status
Not open for further replies.